Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's smaller than PUBG for sure, but your runspeed also feels much higher. Hell, travel in general feels faster, be in walking/wingsuit/vehicles etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, it all contributes to a more confined experience. And i feel they hit the right spot has far battle royal goes. At the end of the beta they were tweaking max players also, up to a 100. Prolly why you felt it overcrowded.

Its a matter of taste. What was my favorite pubg map? Sanhok. I want gun fights not a walking simulator. You could still do soft drops even at 100 players in bo4 tho. Just dont go for the big hubs even the far ones. Aim for the gas stations / lill housings near roads and you’re usually alone.

In the end, for a beta, its shiny and chrome. And i can only imagine the hours ill put in the zombie campaigns. Was worth the money.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
UI clunkiness aside my only real concern was the weapons feeling a bit same-ey. It was hard pressed to tell a real different between any of the automatic rifles, or even really between rifles and SMGs. The guns were basiically automatic weapons, the two sniper rifles, that one burst fire rifle and uhhh, a shotgun?

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think the AR main difference with smg was really against targets with armors. Naked, i dunno. Numbers might need some tweaking.

Cybsled

The magic kinda wore off on me already. Not really sure why. Won 2 in a row with a buddy without much issue. It seems like the map is good at disguising how small it is. One thing im kinda torn on is how I feel about the fact you can pretty much reach anywhere on the map with the wingsuit if you dive right. And if you know that you can get to places WAAAAY faster than a lot of people if you dive early.

I'm not sure if that makes the map feel smaller, or if the map IS actually smaller and does a good job at hiding it. I am pretty sure it is smaller than it feels because no matter where you drop, unless it's a random hut outside of a named area, there are always people there.

Ya, the dive thing is a little odd. The helicopters in theory are moving slower than your wingsuit. The normal PUBG tactics of diving don't really work in this.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing some pubg after this feels sooo sluggish and clunky.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'll be buying on PS4, its not the GOAT battle royale or anything but when I just wanna do something mindless for 20 mins this will fit perfectly, especially since I like the multiplayer mode so thats two very different gamestyles I can chill with. I will probably double dip on PC when the price drops, but I found way more bad players on console vs PC and to achieve wins I need those 13 year old kids who lack the patience to sit in the grass for 5 mins

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Pre ordered the PC version from Bestbuy for the $10 coupon on future purchases and 20% off from gamer club. I think this is the first Call of Duty I've bought since 4 and surprisingly looking forward to it.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is easily the best BR of all time. Pacing, map, guns, TTK. When was the last time you felt you actually needed to pull off headshots in a shooter? I know a lot of people complain about TTK, but IMO I think its near perfect. Maybe a 15% nerf to vests would be OK. But IMO it takes away the worst thing about BR, which is if you see somebody first you usually win. Now you can actually have a fighting chance.

Kind of wish there was some kill perks in BR. Would really make playing aggressive a nice incentive over the playing the circle for the win.

Cybsled

Ya, the TTK is fine. It's nice to not get insta-gibbed 80% of the time by a KAR98 shot from half a mile away.

spronk

FPS noob
Little things like this are why this game will do so well, especially in the streaming community.

Can't embed reddit videos yet I guess. Here is a link to the hilarious clip. https://vrddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9gkbis

KOBE

haha that was awesome

and yeah a lot of appeal of PUBG was the crazy emergent stuff that happened especially with vehicles launching you, grenade tricks, etc. hopefully this game gets a lot of cool stuff like that, and I can totally see it with some of the weirder weapons (the launchers, grip hooks, basketballs, and of course helicopters)

Fadaar

That guy
One thing that i think really messes with finding games is your NAT settings. I couldn't play with a buddy til he opened his up. But as others have said otherwise, queues have been instant. I'd say check your settings, then network stuff. See if it says nat type is open or something else and try making changes to your network if necessary.

I think, however, it's a bit ridiculous that a game needing adjustments to NAT this day and age is a bit retarded.

I had tons of issues with Destiny 1 on PS4 til I fucked with some router settings. Fucking dumb but it happens even with the biggest titles.

spronk

FPS noob
tweaks they will make for launch from beta
Blackout Beta Recap : Blackops4
  • 3.3 billion Items were picked up. That’s “billion” with a B.
  • Over 64 million Stashes were spawned. That’s a lot of loot.
  • The longest Combat Axe kill distance was 213 meters, or about 698 feet. Well done!
  • Players managed to eliminate 123 people with a basketball. Is ball still life?
Most kills by an individual player:
  • Solos: 25
  • Duos: 29
  • Quads: 25

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
They need to let you bind perks to 3-4-5-6-7 keys or whatever so you can fast activate them rather than toggling inventory and using it. Also, allow a shift+key to scroll through possible equippable items like clusters, axes, etc.

Oh and armor was SUPER retarded. Glad they're changing it a bit. May not be at the prime sweet spot, but will definitely be better.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn COD is back in business for PC master Race.

• 1Worf