Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
After playing it. the only thing i'd miss about pubg is the less arcade-ish movement. people crouch sliding everywhere gets a little annoying. But that's just the COD franchise for you, they wont change that.

Other than that I just have to get used to sniper rifles and spotting weapons I wan't to use easier. After so much time in PUBG it's hard to change to something different, but i just gotta grind through it.

Additionally, if anyone gets a spare friend key, mind PM'ing me? I'm trying to get one for a buddy.
Yeah, only played one round, but that was my problem too. I have no clue wtf all these weapons are. I'm pretty sure I was using a shotgun? Not even 100% on that though.

I'm sure I passed up good weapons but I have no idea.

Also there are a shit ton of other items that drop that I can't figure out what to do with. I'm sure it'll come quickly enough though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Only complaints I have are UI related:

-Guns need tooltips with more information for sure
-There's no tooltip on any items looting from bodies so I have no clue wtf anything is
-Swapping attachments from one gun to another is clunky as fuck and you just have to throw it all on the ground
-There isn't any great indication on which guns can take which weapon attachments other than trial and error
-If there is scope zeroing I can't figure out which button does or how to tell which zeroing level scopes are on at any given time

Otherwise game seems great. Definitely less "tactical" than PUBG, but the movement also just feels far, far better in terms of walk/sprint/vault etc. TTK feels about the same as PUBG, maybe even a bit longer if people have level 3 armor on.

There does seem to be bullet drop on guns and some level of realism to the ballistics at longer ranges, but it's hard to get a feel for it just slamming matches over and over. Game definitely needs a larger general inventory, or multiple levels of bags, especially with perks consuming item slots.

spronk

FPS noob
the only concern i'd have is if snipers are super OP, like can you camp like a mofo and snipe people while prone? I don't think it'll work out that well on the ground since the grass seems to really fuck with your sight but i wonder if people can work out good high ground sniping positions and just camp and win

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The bitch is I don't really want to play this game, I want to play PUBG, but I'm tired of the retardation of the horrific netcode. I feel like I might end up playing this, but I don't really like the more arcade style shooter type game. I dunno

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The bitch is I don't really want to play this game, I want to play PUBG, but I'm tired of the retardation of the horrific netcode. I feel like I might end up playing this, but I don't really like the more arcade style shooter type game. I dunno

That's my gripe too. I still prefer the pacing and map sizes of pubg (not sanhok) but the coding, both netcode and game code is garbage consistently. I like BO4 doing the mix of old cod maps as named areas in the map though. I just wish it was a little bigger. You can pretty much run on foot and always get in the circle 100% of the time. even when you dont move til later.

But, its their first go at this and they could really play around with it and make some great changes too. At least it's the kind of company that DOES patch things in and out as needed and more reliably, rather than months and months of the same bullshit issue. Just wether or not that they handle those patches right is the other issue.

Cybsled

Ya, on the Blizzard launcher the BO4 icon will be flashing orange when it is enabled for you. Then you just have to install it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Way too twitchy and people doing jumping and immediately popping you with perfect accurate sniper shots is fucking dumb. I'm sure people will like it, but I'll pass.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Way too twitchy and people doing jumping and immediately popping you with perfect accurate sniper shots is fucking dumb. I'm sure people will like it, but I'll pass.

My dream is pubg just made in their engine

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, my complaint is the TTK is horseshit. I'll sit there lighting a guy up over and over and then I get owned. Or somehow I'll get one shot constantly with L2 armor.

I can't figure out what the deal is. Just seems like people are impossible to kill.

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played a few games last night and had a blast. Its not all rose and sweet tits tho, theyres alot of of getting used to. But please dont confuse pubg for being more tactical because they didnt know how to impliment decent optimized character movements. I mean, it took these fuckheads how
long for the simple vault system? Felt like i heard about it for half a year. Here blackops is in beta yet movement feels lightyears haed of pubg. I wasnt sure of their slide system at first but after some games, its something like that pubg needed to give you a fighting chance when someone proning a mile away spotted you.

Is it perfect ? hell no, i wont even a start a list but like it was said, it will be fixed. I have more faith in these guys for fixing stuff in a few weeks where it would take years for blueballs. The transition from pubg isnt easy i get it, but for me a night in blackout sealed the deal. Uninstalling pubg, they had their chance. They fucked up. Am the opposite of the cod fanboy but one just have to respect a superior product when he sees it. Actiblizz / treyarch delivered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Open beta starts in less than 2 hrs, so even if you don't have a key, you can play.

Played a few games last night and had a blast. Its not all rose and sweet tits tho, theyres alot of of getting used to. But please dont confuse pubg for being more tactical because they didnt know how to impliment decent optimized character movements. I mean, it took these fuckheads how
long for the simple vault system? Felt like i heard about it for half a year. Here blackops is in beta yet movement feels lightyears haed of pubg. I wasnt sure of their slide system at first but after some games, its something like that pubg needed to give you a fighting chance when someone proning a mile away spotted you.

Is it perfect ? hell no, i wont even a start a list but like it was said, it will be fixed. I have more faith in these guys for fixing stuff in a few weeks where it would take years for blueballs. The transition from pubg isnt easy i get it, but for me a night in blackout sealed the deal. Uninstalling pubg, they had their chance. They fucked up. Am the opposite of the cod fanboy but one just have to respect a superior product when he sees it. Actiblizz / treyarch delivered.

Have to agree here. I do love the ARMA style system in PUBG, but got sick of their shit network code and annoying loot system. At least in Blackout you have a 99% chance of finding a weapon if you drop somewhere. In PUBG it feels like half the time you land and there is jackshit for loot and you die in the first 30 seconds (if the loot even spawns, another annoying ass feature of PUBG).

Plus all the gadgets make it pretty fun.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Pleasant surprise that the game supports Atmos on the Xbox X. Pretty fun queing up solo but a little salty over my last death. Saw a guy on a quad, hit him with a rocket, quad exploded but he survived so hit him with another rocket and he still survived and managed to machine gun me down while I was switching weapons. When it went into spectator mode he was damn near full health. Think no matter how many years it has been I'm still in the original Quake mindset where rockets are king.

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hopefully it's fixed later, but the amount of guns needs to be tweaked. I'm running through half a dozen buildings and not getting a single weapon.

• 1Like