Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

spronk

FPS noob
yeah turning fill squad off and jumping into DMZ is just endless pain lol slightly more manageable if you pick up self revive but your chance at extracting is near zero

they will add many game modes to it I'm sure including holiday themes and eventually a solo mode, although that'll need the NPCs tuned down a bit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Stronghold npc's are the only thing that seem ball achingly hard solo - I had the fucking M13b looted and got absolutely gang raped at exfil by a squad of 3.... Have not turned game back on since haha. I was tilted as that was like my 8th time grabbing a car, killing alchemist guy but not getting out with the gun.....

Cybsled

I've been queuing solo and it has been manageable. Self-revive is a must and watching the map for vanishing missions or activated stuff is key to avoid getting squad owned.

From my experience thus far, it seems like most people are trying to speed run weapons cache and most of the lobby either quits after it extracts or gets killed on the way. I've played about 10 games and I've only encountered players directly in about 4 of the matches. Of that, one was a solo extract at the final exfil.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stronghold npc's are the only thing that seem ball achingly hard solo - I had the fucking M13b looted and got absolutely gang raped at exfil by a squad of 3.... Have not turned game back on since haha. I was tilted as that was like my 8th time grabbing a car, killing alchemist guy but not getting out with the gun.....
I dunno man, some of those armored bots are rough. Places like the port or caves are super easy to get a quick squad wipe even at the beginning of the game.

I was trying to solo the White Lotus mission with the light helo and I can't get a damn helo solo without the bots raping me.

There was one round where I had a helo but couldn't find the landing zone. Had to watch a video, but now I can't get the helo again.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Anybody got a fix for when challenges aren't getting progress counted? One of my dailies is 3 Battle Rifle headshots, and I've done it now with the FTAC Recon and with the TAQ-V and can't get the thing complete.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone try the DMZ? I did a couple matches and it seems like you just go around doing quests and exfil while killing a bunch of bots. I think I might've ran into 1 or 2 teams in the two matches I did. Never played Tarkov so I don't really understand the appeal of this game mode.

The WZ/DMZ map is extremely good I don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Visually probably one of the best BR maps I've played. Although it does feel a bit large for how slow the game plays. I think gas needs to come in faster.

Cybsled

Anyone try the DMZ? I did a couple matches and it seems like you just go around doing quests and exfil while killing a bunch of bots. I think I might've ran into 1 or 2 teams in the two matches I did. Never played Tarkov so I don't really understand the appeal of this game mode.

The WZ/DMZ map is extremely good I don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Visually probably one of the best BR maps I've played. Although it does feel a bit large for how slow the game plays. I think gas needs to come in faster.

The first few matches you get more bots than humans. After you play enough DMZ, you get more human squads and you definitely feel it

Also, if you try to do the higher risk stuff like weapon case or strongholds, you get a pretty good challenge

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first few matches you get more bots than humans. After you play enough DMZ, you get more human squads and you definitely feel it

Also, if you try to do the higher risk stuff like weapon case or strongholds, you get a pretty good challenge
I wonder if that's a thing then. I feel like the bots have been significantly stronger lately. So much so that if I run into any at the start there's like a 25% chance I get killed.

Cybsled

Ya, the bots start to get deadly. I was in just a regular area and some armored bot beamed me and downed me in less than a second and they start to throw flashbangs and shit

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think it depends on where you go. I just recently started dabbling around with the keys and just walking into the shopping center and embassy.. I was met was some serious ass blast. A friend opened the door to the shopping center and three thermites came flying out, sticking him with one.. the other guy ran in and got mowed down instantly. I opened the Embassy door, and was met with two shotgun blasts that dropped me, and then a shield dude pushed my friend back as the shotgun guys came walking out making it difficult to revive as well as a support helo dropping more armored guys, but I think that was out of coincidence rather than triggered events.

The other day I went to this cave area? idr the name.. but we were looking for a locked box.. and it ended up being a nonstop spawn of armored dudes.. I think I ended with about 130 AI kills and 3 player kills.. we never left that area; we couldn't. They just kept coming and we had to run to the shopping center to replenish plates and getting ammo crates.. we eventually just ran away.

Strongholds are pretty hit or miss on difficulty.. some of them are like two rooms, and others are pretty big.. and I presume there are some with Bosses due to the player card challenge, but I haven't seen that yet.

Doing the last extract is also a ton of fun. I've been having a blast with DMZ, it's such a different pace of experience. Plays that happen that couldn't really happen anywhere else. I've had two pretty epic clutches to keep my teammates in the game. One was basically guerilla tactics in a 1v3 running in and out of buildings shooting them while desperately trying to find plates and the other was showing up late to the party mowing them down as they looted my friends.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anybody got a fix for when challenges aren't getting progress counted? One of my dailies is 3 Battle Rifle headshots, and I've done it now with the FTAC Recon and with the TAQ-V and can't get the thing complete.
So I had the same issue and I make a new loadout with the first battle rifle you can unlock and it finally get it to me.

spronk

FPS noob
For anyone else playing with controller i found my aim a little less erratic with this config, still have to mess around and I'm sure there is even better

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it depends on where you go.
There's a place you spawn in pretty regularly at the SW corner of the map (near the boat). You literally go there and it's probably a dozen guys that spawn and will two shot you.

If you decide to push just 3 houses further in, where the houses are flooded, you get about two dozen more, including a lot of armored ones. You can easily find yourself overwhelmed within the first 5 minutes.

Shit like that seems to be happening more frequently. Something I didn't notice the first few days. That's why I'm wondering if maybe they do some kind of tuning of the AI based on what tier the people in it are on (matching people with higher tier missions into the same lobby). It'd make sense to not assblast someone the first time they went in, and then progressively get harder. But if this is the case, it's severely overtuned and by the time I get to tier 4/5 (once they fix this bug with missions) I'm not sure I'll survive at all.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Shit like that seems to be happening more frequently. Something I didn't notice the first few days. That's why I'm wondering if maybe they do some kind of tuning of the AI based on what tier the people in it are on (matching people with higher tier missions into the same lobby). It'd make sense to not assblast someone the first time they went in, and then progressively get harder. But if this is the case, it's severely overtuned and by the time I get to tier 4/5 (once they fix this bug with missions) I'm not sure I'll survive at all.
Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised given that SBMM is a large part of COD. I don't know the actual answer, and it's hard for me to gauge it mostly because a lot of times, death to AI has always been basically people playing COD-like.. and i've just been playing Counter-Strike.. and abused sightlines against AI. It's continued to work and haven't noticed any specific scale in difficulty; progression i'm on my last lotus quest for tier 1.

I did get ass-blasted when I first jumped in because I simply didn't respect the AI. Now I feel I kinda know that i'll get beamed if I just run around or run too close. I was trying to gauge it off the players, but its been hard because the level of players in a single map has been people speaking spanish not knowing wtf is going on to absolute juicers with platinum guns and all-out aggro.

Cybsled

They used SBMM in WZ1, so they probably use it here. The biggest thing I notice when you presumably move to a higher SBMM is the pre-game lobby gets spammed by people on mic using "gamer words" and other dipshit stuff. Those games on average seem to be a bit sweatier than normal. The quiet lobbies tend to be easier.

Had a pretty "oh shit" moment in DMZ today. I spawned near the train and was able to actually hop on it. Loot the whole train, then sit in the front car behind the engine. I'm passing lots of squads, most doing missions and looting and whatever. Most don't seem to notice me, but some NPCs do and start shooting. So eventually I've gone around half the map and I get near a police station and since I had lost my 3plate vest, I figured I would jump off and check it out. No sooner than I jump out, I look back at the train and see an entire squad just vaulting over the wall into the car I was in. Barely escaped and didn't even realize it lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Dmz is good fun, first cod game since the original modern warfare I enjoy. The ui is absolutely ass though and I'm still figuring it out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Finally did the fucking helicopter mission. It spawned in the soccer field and for whatever reason no one had picked it up, even though there was 2 UAV towers active to the north. So finally I say fuck it, drive all the way over there, take out the guards, and fly to the helipad. So far so quiet. Heli was half a tank at that point, so I figured I would just go for the nearest exfil point. Big mistake. I'm no more than 4 feet off the ground when some camping fuckers with RPGs and sniper rifles start to unload. Thankfully I had jumped out before the heli got too lit up while I was in it and there were just enough trees and a small hill that let me escape. Then the fuckers got in a car and started chasing I think because they later showed up near a gas station, so I'm trying to dodge through towns and hoping the NPCs distract them enough. I did finally exfil at the end, but holy shit I was going to rage so hard if I had gotten killed at that ambush

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally did the fucking helicopter mission. It spawned in the soccer field and for whatever reason no one had picked it up, even though there was 2 UAV towers active to the north. So finally I say fuck it, drive all the way over there, take out the guards, and fly to the helipad. So far so quiet. Heli was half a tank at that point, so I figured I would just go for the nearest exfil point. Big mistake. I'm no more than 4 feet off the ground when some camping fuckers with RPGs and sniper rifles start to unload. Thankfully I had jumped out before the heli got too lit up while I was in it and there were just enough trees and a small hill that let me escape. Then the fuckers got in a car and started chasing I think because they later showed up near a gas station, so I'm trying to dodge through towns and hoping the NPCs distract them enough. I did finally exfil at the end, but holy shit I was going to rage so hard if I had gotten killed at that ambush

Yeah we had a game where we got absolutely decked. Tons of large backpacks, .50 cal snipers, kitted out weapons and gear and got absolutely steamrolled by some campers. Are footsteps non-existent in this game or do I have an audio setting wrong?