Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
i wanted to resist and just wait for WZ2, but even on my crap notebook with a 2070 rtx the games look fantastic, unreal 5 is really a excellent engine .... so far I have a blast even that I was more a battlefield player due to the destruction of the map and vehicles ... I also like there is no new COD coming in 2023 , somehow provides this with more value.

another small question > as this is linked to Activision , If I get this game not only on steam but also on my xbox > my progress would not be lost or ? (maybe savegames would not work) for single player) > I wish there would be a time that I get the license and can run it on all compatible platforms , but I took Steam now to have it also on my deck :)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1666396137676923.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
another small question > as this is linked to Activision , If I get this game not only on steam but also on my xbox > my progress would not be lost or ? (maybe savegames would not work) for single player) > I wish there would be a time that I get the license and can run it on all compatible platforms , but I took Steam now to have it also on my deck :)

multiplayer cross progression has existed in COD games for a few years now, any progress you make - items you buy, levels, unlocks, etc - all carry over whatever the platform as long as you link them on activision/CODs website. I switched back and forth between PS5 and xbox in COD MW1 (2019) and current Warzone and it was seamless, all my unlocks and levels and stuff carry over instantly. While COD points are platform specific (since you "pay" for them on a platform) anything you buy unlocks everywhere.

Dunno about single player campaign save though, but since campaign is just 6-8 hours I dunno if it really matters, plus achievements are tied to specific things (clear a level in full stealth, etc) so seems like it would not work well.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
We are having a huge family get drunk and play games but…. Everyone is a pussy and fell asleep. So I came to my home. As I sip this wine, there is no fucking way in hell you are not seeing the only girl in the bar, 25 beers deep, and ready to bump the grind. No way. Fuck. Fuck this. Are we that desperate???? I damn near pre ordered a call of fucking duty game! What the fuck!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the next MW game the Wolverine level still happens but in Ukraine instead of the U.S., gotta cash on on the war somehow.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 6th and 7th missions with the ac 130 gunner section is outstanding. The graphics in this game are the best I ever seen in any game, in terms of atmosphere and character models.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Was there a dot in the middle of the screen during that section or is that some 3rd party software the dudes using to noscope.

Probably part of the UI so you know where the exact center of the screen is when you don't have a weapon out. And bitch please, if you're gonna cheat and have a permanent aim point gotta get that monitor function version like Asus does.

spronk

FPS noob
finished the campaign in about 7 hours in normal mode, replaying in veteran and its crazy harder on a few levels. most of the trophies require weird stuff to do so will have to clean that up as well, and there are 6 trophies tied to co-op mode which isn't unlocked until the 28th, plus I assume a few multiplayer trophies too then.

Campaign was fine, story was kinda shit and didn't make any real sense but its fun living in that technical military jargon world for a few hours.

I know Ubisoft has tried to do a cartel game with Ghost Recon and I guess Saints Row, Far Cry, etc has dipped its toes in it a few times but I wish someone would do a full blown cartel game where you play as a rising cartel gang member and you have to figure out alliances with other cartels, governments, and ways to distribute.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
campaign is not co-op, they have a seperate mode called Spec Ops that allows coop (online, not sure about local) and its special missions built for coop play. It doesn't unlock till the 28th so no clue how it is, they have never been that good

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wow these games got really expensive, 70 bucks/euros.

I find the installation real confusing in the Blizzard launcher, do they all use the Warzone client or something? Was going to buy the 2019 version to play through the campaign but I can't even understand/find how to buy or install it. So fuck it.

Not sure I want to pump 70 bucks into the new one either, thats way too much.

• 1Like

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
in the meantime i refunded it via steam before the 2 hours were off, impressive engine ... but found the gameplay campaign super boring (like the 2nd mission in the dark with the house and oh surprise the lady grabbing the gun again) . I simply wait for Warzone 2.0 and enjoy that for free. 70€ for not having fun makes no sense, the normal multiplayer I don't care either

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Been trying to get the fucking LOGIN button to work for like 20 minutes. About to punt this fucker back to Steam.

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
Infinity Ward put out a patch yesterday that seems to have fucked everything up, I couldn't even start the game anymore on my PS5 and I see a ton of people report the same problem. I think they are trying to get it prep'd for launch but it fucked over everyone with the vault edition (early access SP).

I finished all the trophies so doesn't matter to me too much but kind of a shit show at the moment. My install also went from 64gb to 120gb but i dunno if its fucked up or not

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The multiplayer was meh, it was hard to see enemy players since they blend in with everything and there's no nameplates. Actually shooting an enemy makes the crosshair spaz out so you can't even see wtf is going on.