Captain Marvel (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rotten Tomatoes took down the Not Interested score.
Hello, we’re making some changes << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News
As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

What you will now see at the top of a movie or TV page, once it has been released, is this:

What else are we doing? We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.

Last but not least, you will notice we are making some layout changes to the site. Through our research department we have learned that our users would prefer a cleaner, less cluttered, presentation of the Tomatometer and Audience Score. Don’t worry, the information and data are still there (promise!).

We hope you enjoy these changes. Please leave feedback in the comment section below. We are taking notes.

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you at the movies.

Last edited:
  • 12Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 13 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Rotten Tomatoes took down the Not Interested score.
Hello, we’re making some changes << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News
As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

What you will now see at the top of a movie or TV page, once it has been released, is this:

What else are we doing? We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.

Last but not least, you will notice we are making some layout changes to the site. Through our research department we have learned that our users would prefer a cleaner, less cluttered, presentation of the Tomatometer and Audience Score. Don’t worry, the information and data are still there (promise!).

We hope you enjoy these changes. Please leave feedback in the comment section below. We are taking notes.

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you at the movies.

Various idiots: lulz, its such a conspiracy theory to believe one of the biggest companies on the planet, that had repeatedly pressured even the U.S. government to bend to its will, can manipulate review scores! Hah, to even think Disney, with its vast expertise and resources in marketing could alter such a thing is pure idiocy!

Various idiots: Tanking scores on RT and other aggregate sites are a manipulation of review scores by Russians and Trolls, which run vast campaigns to alter American opinions.

Double think is an element of cult like adherence to an ideology.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Various idiots: lulz, its such a conspiracy theory to believe one of the biggest companies on the planet, that had repeatedly pressured even the U.S. government to bend to its will, can manipulate review scores! Hah, to even think Disney, with its vast expertise and resources in marketing could alter such a thing is pure idiocy!

Various idiots: Tanking scores on RT and other aggregate sites are a manipulation of review scores by Russians and Trolls, which run vast campaigns to alter American opinions.

Double think is an element of cult like adherence to an ideology.
they must have threatened to take away whatever access RT had if they didnt shut it down. apparently people had knocked down the "want to see" score for Star Wars Ep 9 down from 99% to 88% as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Who knew shitting on fans would cause them to not want to see your films and be vocal about it...

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
they've already spent too much time filling her head with nonsense. i'm sure they've had multiple conversations about watching what she says. the problem is that currently, in today's climate, it's too much of a double edged sword. either they let her kill off a LARGE portion of the fanbase and lose money, or they shut her up and she just goes on some rant about how the mouse is anti-feminist and she sues them.

i mean, she's not going to win... but like you said, every dirt bag in the world has the same value on their money. feminists have money in their pockets that disney wants just as much as it wants everyone else's. i'm sure disney HATES all this identity politics nonsense because it starts to eat into their profits in the most ridiculous of ways

Like everything else with identity politics, the loudest, shrillest voices are just that; they're loud and shrill. But they aren't at all representative of the general population who tend to just go about their business and vote with their dollars. Most people find this shit annoying, but they're not the kind of personality to get on the internet and blog about it endlessly

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
pepperidge farms remembers when no one thought Marvel or Star Wars could sink any lower then when Sony and Lucas were at the helm.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there are so many actresses like Brie Larson these days, we'd have to start boycotting a LOT of movies if we adopt the policy of boycotting movies with actresses like her...

as far as the movie quality, i think this is going to be on par with Black Panther. which was one of the worst Marvel movies, but still a great movie compared to cinema at large.

plus, man, it's the chapter right before Endgame, how do i skip that?!

i'll be going, probably not opening night but in the first week or two.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are so many actresses like Brie Larson these days, we'd have to start boycotting a LOT of movies if we adopt the policy of boycotting movies with actresses like her...

as far as the movie quality, i think this is going to be on par with Black Panther. which was one of the worst Marvel movies, but still a great movie compared to cinema at large.

plus, man, it's the chapter right before Endgame, how do i skip that?!

i'll be going, probably not opening night but in the first week or two.
what if some shitlord leaks a DVD quality version up on the net? because i still think thats a possibility. it would take a huge chunk out of their box office .

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Black panther was a chapter before avengers 4 and skipping it didn’t ruin anything for me. These people despise that you enjoy their movies. Vote with you wallet.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what if some shitlord leaks a DVD quality version up on the net? because i still think thats a possibility. it would take a huge chunk out of their box office .

there's just something special about seeing things on the big screen, to me. tho you're probably right that it would cut into sales a lot, not everyone is like me. there's already a ton of people considering not going, a high quality boot showing up would push a lot of people unsure about that over the edge towards not going.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there's just something special about seeing things on the big screen, to me. tho you're probably right that it would cut into sales a lot, not everyone is like me. there's already a ton of people considering not going, a high quality boot showing up would push a lot of people unsure about that over the edge towards not going.
an average joe can have a 60 inch TV with a half decent sound bar for under 500 bucks total. sit in your comfy chair. break out some movie quality popcorn and a big ole liter of cola and you dont need the movie theater anymore

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
an average joe can have a 60 inch TV with a half decent sound bar for under 500 bucks total. sit in your comfy chair. break out some movie quality popcorn and a big ole liter of cola and you dont need the movie theater anymore

Eh yeah, I'm sure there's some tired of me mentioning it, but I've been living on disability for the last 4 years while I deal with cancer. $500 is a whole month's budget for me. Stuck with our 10 year old 32-inch LCD. $6 matinee movie ticket tho? Affordable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is sort of a derail, but going to the movies, getting popcorn and soda... that's an experience. honestly i don't remember the last "non-spectacle" movie i saw in the theatre. there are some GREAT movies out there but they don't necessarily beg to be seen in a theatre. the marvel movies (to me) are perfect spectacle movies. they are big, they are loud, you know even if it's a "bad" film, it's still going to be somewhat enjoyable in that atmosphere.

on the other hand, you have the negative theatre experience where you're in a too crowded theatre, someone next to you is sick or talkative. kids crying, or someone on their phone half the movie. i absolutely get why someone would want to remove those elements from the experience and simulate as much of the spectacle at home... but to me, it's just... nothing beats a spectacle.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
on the other hand, you have the negative theatre experience where you're in a too crowded theatre, someone next to you is sick or talkative. kids crying, or someone on their phone half the movie. i absolutely get why someone would want to remove those elements from the experience and simulate as much of the spectacle at home... but to me, it's just... nothing beats a spectacle.

yeah, agreed on all that. that's why i'm lucky i can go to the weekday matinees. and the Monday matinee showings at my local theater even always has subtitles, which is great since i'm pretty hard of hearing! often i'm the only one in there for the 4PM Monday subtitles showing, lol. so great tho.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eh yeah, I'm sure there's some tired of me mentioning it, but I've been living on disability for the last 4 years while I deal with cancer. $500 is a whole month's budget for me. Stuck with our 10 year old 32-inch LCD. $6 matinee movie ticket tho? Affordable.
i hear ya man, i was a big movie theater goer. years ago. now its not important anymore. i rather waitch it on a smaller screen than deal with faggots. the popcorn is not a problem. i can make theater popcorn in my kitchen in 8 minutes. grab a drink and just chill out on my couch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The funny part is for all the fucking REEEEing on this board about Brie/SJW in muh Marvel, internationally no one gives a fuck about that and the majority of the domestic movie going audience is just going to go see the Marvel movie anyways if the movie is good.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The funny part is for all the fucking REEEEing on this board about Brie/SJW in muh Marvel, internationally no one gives a fuck about that and the majority of the domestic movie going audience is just going to go see the Marvel movie anyways if the movie is good.

What is the point of this post?

Are you under the impression that anyone on this board thinks their opinions are representative of broader society? That we don’t all know your general mouth-breather is lazily strolling, smug-faced and incredulous, into their own cultural oblivion?

The best we can hope for is perhaps a 5-10% miss on North American revenue projections because of this nonsense, and even if that occurs, the likelihood of it being attributed to an onslaught of hamfisted 'wokeness' is next to zero.

“Who cares if the waiter called me and my family pieces of shit and the managers did nothing. If the food is good I’ll keep giving them my money!”

How fucking embarrassing.

• 11Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 16 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm neither here nor there on the casting. The best part of Harvey Weinstein being thrown out of Hollywood is that Jennifer Lawrence can longer suck her way into roles like this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the point of this post?

Are you under the impression that anyone on this board thinks their opinions are representative of broader society? That we don’t all know your general mouth-breather is lazily strolling, smug-faced and incredulous, into their own cultural oblivion?

The best we can hope for is perhaps a 5-10% miss on North American revenue projections because of this nonsense, and even if that occurs, the likelihood of it being attributed to an onslaught of hamfisted 'wokeness' is next to zero.

“Who cares if the waiter called me and my family pieces of shit and the managers did nothing. If the food is good I’ll keep giving them my money!”

How fucking embarrassing.

I think the average person going to the movies is going simply to be entertained. Most don't even know what the opinions are of actors behind the characters and even if they did they could give a damn.

• 5Like