Captain Marvel (2019)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The funny part is for all the fucking REEEEing on this board about Brie/SJW in muh Marvel, internationally no one gives a fuck about that and the majority of the domestic movie going audience is just going to go see the Marvel movie anyways if the movie is good.
How is it REEEEEEing when the woman has said (there is video of it) that she doesn't want to hear what a white dude has to say about a Wrinkle In Time?

You want to talk about REEEEEEing, let's talk about the REEEEE if, say, Mel Gibson said, "I don't want to hear what a black woman has to say about Braveheart" and get back with me how that will pan out with the world, mmk?

• 7Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEING. I'M GOING TO REEEEEEEEEEEEE ABOUT THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEING. I'M CONTRIBUTING. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M GOING TO GO PLAY FALLOUT 76 NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think the average person going to the movies is going simply to be entertained. Most don't even know what the opinions are of actors behind the characters and even if they did they could give a damn.

Yes. The average person is an oblivious small-brain following their corporate programming.

I’m glad we agree.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Also I know this is totes off-topic, but a Wrinkle In Time DID suck. I read the book a couple of times once in my childhood and once in my adult life. It was fantastic and when I heard a big budget movie was going to bring the world to life I was very much looking forward to it. I DL'd it and it was awful... the book had nothing to do with, like Brie said, an ode to women of color (wtf) and in fact Meg Murray was white in the book but the SJW cancer HAD to make her black for... what reason exactly? I could absolutely overlook that quirk had the movie actually been GOOD though... but it just... wasn't. It was terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Rotten Tomatoes took down the Not Interested score.
Hello, we’re making some changes << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News
As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

What you will now see at the top of a movie or TV page, once it has been released, is this:

What else are we doing? We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.

Last but not least, you will notice we are making some layout changes to the site. Through our research department we have learned that our users would prefer a cleaner, less cluttered, presentation of the Tomatometer and Audience Score. Don’t worry, the information and data are still there (promise!).

We hope you enjoy these changes. Please leave feedback in the comment section below. We are taking notes.

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you at the movies.

So they got a call from Uncle Mickey which vaguely told them they'd get two magic kingdoms to the back of the head if they didn't fix the problem for him....

• 4Like
  • 2Jonesing
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think the average person going to the movies is going simply to be entertained. Most don't even know what the opinions are of actors behind the characters and even if they did they could give a damn.

So his post was just saying the average person is an ignorant twat? Okay. Thanks for confirming that for us. Cybsled Cybsled super insightful, man. Great contribution.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
How is it REEEEEEing when the woman has said (there is video of it) that she doesn't want to hear what a white dude has to say about a Wrinkle In Time?

You want to talk about REEEEEEing, let's talk about the REEEEE if, say, Mel Gibson said, "I don't want to hear what a black woman has to say about Braveheart" and get back with me how that will pan out with the world, mmk?

It's useless--that far into the dogma, and the double think doesn't even phase them anymore. You can confront them with two distinctly opposite ideas they believe in and they just stare vacantly like "what's the problem". Its like speaking to really hardcore evangelicals. The point is to not think critically...(I mean literally, that's what an ideology does, to reduce energy spent on analyzing social situations.)

If someone came up on stage and said he was sick of 40 year old Jews reviewing his movie, as they were over-represented among critics (And absolutely true statement)--he'd be done in Hollywood and the country would be outraged at the Anti-semitism in the Trump era. Say that about white males, and its like "what's the big deal, man"?!

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So they got a call from Uncle Mickey which vaguely told them they'd get two magic kingdoms to the back of the head if they didn't fix the problem for him....

Was probably easier for Mickey to get a company to bend to his will than it was to silence an SJW cunt.. Let that sink in. These people are a disease.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if the critic reviews are 95% or higher for this movie. Rotten tomatoes should just remove critic reviews, or simply include them as regular audience members. They are fucking worthless.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Personally, if not for this thread I wouldn't really be aware of Brie's SJW crusade. I don't watch or read that many interviews that cast of movie do.

It's a Marvel Studios movie, for me after 10 years and 20 movies, they've build so much goodwill that I'll see anything they put out on first weekend regardless of reviews, bullshit the cast might do until they fuck it up 2-3 times.

I certainly won't let a stupid bitch saying "words" in interviews ruin what might be a good movie. If the movie sucks, for me it will have nothing to do with what Brie has said during interviews...it will only be that the movie sucks, might be the script is awful, her casting is terrible or many other possib;e reasons...but certainly not her actions outside the movie itself.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Who cares if the waiter called me and my family pieces of shit and the managers did nothing. If the food is good I’ll keep giving them my money

That’s the average Yelp review. TBH all I care about is the food good? Is it clean? Is the worker going to sabotage my food?

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Rotten Tomatoes Removes "Want To See" Score After CAPTAIN MARVEL And STAR WARS EPISODE IX Trolling

Captain Marvel and Star Wars Episode IX have been targeted by trolls on Rotten Tomatoes in recent weeks so the review aggregator has made the decision to remove the "Want To See" percentage score...

1551202410431.png

Who ya gonna call? (This is a Ghostbusters joke re: censorship of negative review)

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is being discussed all over reddit and youtube, Rotten Tomatoes didnt take down their score and disabled comments because the average schmoe didnt know about it.

• 2Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I certainly won't let a stupid bitch saying "words" in interviews ruin what might be a good movie. If the movie sucks, for me it will have nothing to do with what Brie has said during interviews...it will only be that the movie sucks, might be the script is awful, her casting is terrible or many other possib;e reasons...but certainly not her actions outside the movie itself.

According to some this identifies you as an 'ignorant twat' because how dare you not let politics interfere with your entertainment.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
According to some this identifies you as an 'ignorant twat' because how dare you not let politics interfere with your entertainment.

Oh no, I was speaking about most people who don't even know. See, the original post said most people don't know. If you see this film despite adhering to these values on all other aspects of your life and knowing this, then you're a spineless hypocrite who should ask for his balls back from whatever institution took them (And in this case, I have zero respect for you--you're the worst kind of person, as scum fuck as love and tolerance Christians who scream people are going to hell for being gay). You're much, much worse than an ignorant twat. If you despise these values, and go see it, then you're also spineless, but at least you're not a hypocrite. (These people kind of annoy me, but I can at least understand the nihilism when things are so bad you have idiots say the weather is racist, at a certain point the delusion becomes suffocating and needing to segregate it seems like a defense mechanism).

Hopefully I cleared that up for you. Keep allowing the political faction with control over the media to other you and drum up hate against you, that's never worked our poorly for any society ever...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So now any opinions online that they don't agree with can just be hand waved away by labelling them "trolls"?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not politicizing hobbies/entertainment is literally harmful according to a growing number of people pushing for these sorts of things. They feel that creating something that doesn't directly adhere to their causes means you are endorsing it and therefor are an enemy.

So now any opinions online that they don't agree with can just be hand waved away by labelling them "trolls"?

Why are you such a russian bot?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users