Card Hunter

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bug forum says that Unholy Energy is currently triggering for damage on every card in players hand, not just certain types. This will be fixed whenever the next build goes out. No wonder it is working out so well for you right now gogusrl.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I didn't think to check the bug forum. Also stuff moves way to fast at the start of the round and that combat log is pretty much useless.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Provided it stays on them and they dont cycle it off, with it currently broken you are doing 18 damage over 3 turns and giving them 3 extra drawn cards.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hit the 3 wipes on the same adventure wall for the first time today, at level 11 in "against the cockroaches". Made it on the second batch of 3 attempts though. If anyone is not sure yet you do not need pizza to "buy" a revive and redo the encounter without starting over the whole adventure, it only takes some gold. Could even be more I think, its not much of a penalty for 3 more attempts (was 15g).

I might want replay some adventures for loot though because my friends that got into beta got items/cards at lvl6 that made me think I had the worst luck (like the +2 magic damage aura I had never seen before).
I failed the final one of that all three times, and I know that my main problem is that I am playing an all dwarf team. It takes 4-5 turns just to get close enough to the boss, and I'm still eating all of his spells while I do it.

I'm pretty much regretting my all dwarf party, but so far I've powered through because I don't feel like starting new characters, and it has gotten a LOT better with some new weapons/boots. Dagger/rapier type weapons that give attacks where you get to move 3 and attack are awesome for a dwarf that normally only moves fucking 2. And getting some dash boots are pretty nice. Weirdly enough, this is my favorite item in the game right now simply because it gives me stuff I don't have on any other item yet.

I'm still waiting for a really awesome item though. Haven't found one that totally blows me away.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I rerolled to an all human party and am finding it much better. Before I would have to stay huddled around the dwarf and plod across the map now I can skirmish with guys running into range to do damage and then retreat back for the group heals and auras. I steamrolled through all of the first area up to level 8 last night, partly due to knowing what I'm doing now and having some twink items also I'm sure.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I went all elf for the mobility and have not regretted it once - a few less HP is so nice when you're just pulling useless move cards so you can actually kite and/or keep up with them when they're trying to kite you.

Won at least a handful with only one member standing and just kiting until the right stuff came up (especially Wizard/Cleric on the kiting - Cleric kites until good HP then wails in melee again, Wizard just kites period)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what the endgame stats are for each race/class combo? Because if all a dwarf gets is the initial 4/2 extra hps, it clearly isn't worth it. But if they get extra all the way along, then eventually the excess hp might be worth my time. Otherwise I think I'm going to at least have to drop back to humans.

Vaclav

Don't think they get many more HP in the long run - but the Dwarf skills can be pretty good at damage absorbortion - in contrast elves are mostly mobility and human are flexibility.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't found a dwarven racial ability that made me want to cheer yet (charge is decent though), although the same can be said of all the racial skills. The difference in movement is pretty huge though. I may have to start over with humans. It should be fairly easy though with all of the gear I have sitting around, but I still hesitate because I hate replaying.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what the endgame stats are for each race/class combo? Because if all a dwarf gets is the initial 4/2 extra hps, it clearly isn't worth it. But if they get extra all the way along, then eventually the excess hp might be worth my time. Otherwise I think I'm going to at least have to drop back to humans.
For elf/human/dwarf max hp.

Mage : 32, 40, 48
Priest : 40, 48, 56
Warrior : 48, 56, 64

The skills are an interesting mix - dwarf has probably the most interesting ones, where you dodge an attack and then take that attack into your hand, although elf has lots of movement shenanigans like take a move, if you don't end up next to an enemy, take another turn.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the weird things I found with this game is it seems at certain levels when you unlock a new equipment slot you feel less powerful than the previous level. Since you cannot weed out unwanted cards I am having more and more issues with my warrior running around with nothing but moves and armor and having a hard time pulling attack cards. I am sure at higher levels it becomes less of an issue but there are certain humps at low level where you almost regret getting new gear slots opening up as until you have good items for them it usually just means flooding you with more crappy move 2s

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Short term very true but soon enough you will have more gear than you know what to do with and it will become an issue of cherry picking the best stuff, having different themed builds, etc.

Vaclav

velk: What level is max? That seems a long ways off from 15 where I'm at in SP currently.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's way far off from what I'm at too (level 11). 8 hps is pretty decent, but not if that's like level 30 or something.

Of course, part of my problem is also just lack of gear/strategy too I think. The missions where I should be able to shine with having higher hps I still have issues. I don't even see where I could successfully kite around if I had better movement in some of these, so it is basically just a beat down, and I still lose. I mean, I suppose ditching the mage and taking 3 dwarven warriors, or 2 and a cleric, would be even better in those cases, but I'm not going to level up 3 of every class/race just to have options in each adventure.

Also, I've found that better (rarer) items don't necessarily thrill me either. Half the time they have a shitty disadvantage, or the damage is more situational. I'm taking a lot more of the lunging/dancing stuff now to give myself more movement options, but they do a lot less damage. A nice 8 or 10 pt. hack is really nice once in awhile, as opposed to these piddly 2-4 point ones I've got now. It almost makes me think I could have more success equipping a bunch of common items, at least for weapons anyway.

Vaclav

Well some value is in things like Elven Insight and the like where you can predict their cards - its another reason I don't regret Elves (although I just recently got it at L13 or so) ever. And some cases it just comes down to learning what a mob does by trial and error - the chess piece missions are of course the biggest example of that once you get there (I just did them) since the Bishops and Rooks have massive attacks each in their move pattern from chess, Ogres have massive damage but no range so Spears and hedging movement cards does wonders, etc.

Additionally with having high movement it makes warriors with the cheap (and power token free!) plate armor a ton more viable since a dwarf can't use standard moves in plate to do anything more than pivot when the "bad armor" card comes up, humans can barely move, but Elves can still run around moving 2 with the bad one and 3 with the good plate - I've actually run around holding 1 good and 1 bad plate card for multiple turns when I've been sitting on just my warrior left and it absorbs SOOOO much he's won encounters basically solo while he waits out appropriate attack cards.

Finally, remember of course to plan for immunities - some weapons are versatile, but overall it's more effective rather than tailoring weapons to use acid and other armor removal tricks (including indirect ones like discard) and sticking with your favorites in my experience.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got a nice epic divine sword with 3-8pt hacks on it so I usually keep a lot of penetrating and move plus attack stuff on my warrior. He goes in and soaks up the damage and can at least do some damage if the other two don't have any armor removal stuff up. Then I'll move the cleric in to mop up with those hacks and bashes. Been working really well so far. Also it seems you can get the epic items from the treasure hunts as random drops too. Got two of those woodholme daggers at the same time out of the last chest in the final Trog module.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My preference would be several weapons with 6-8 point, 2 range attacks. But I'm still limited on the power tokens, which causes a problem. I've also got several higher level items that I'd love to use, but they all require at least one fire power, which I have zero of right now. I'm assuming I'll get some eventually. It's just frustrating trying to make a good setup when I have all these great cards I can't use yet, or can only use one or two.

As far as dwarves go, it is sort of amusing to kill a creature with my mage charging 5 squares though.

Vaclav

L15 I think was my first "Major Power Token" showing up (which was replacing a "Minor" not adding one) - and yes, 2 range attacks and Step attacks are both huge.

Note that Range 1 attacks do get much better with some of the Keep "Dodge" attacks where you get a Free Move most of the time when they attack back. [For hard hitters like ogres/ettins/zerks of various sorts]

Rime

<Donor>
Putting this on a shelf. Got to level 17 and do not feel like grinding more in PvP, so I will wait until it is in a release state before diving back into it.