Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was that you on koragh fucking up the adds? They were dying before I had them all and I don't think anyone was dpsing them
I do about 4k dps to each add with NP after it jumps to them. The shield lasts 20 seconds and the adds spawn at the 5/10/15 second marks so it's pretty staggered.

As for why the adds died outside of a suppression field and before Ko'ragh was done shielding himself...Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Generally on normal people just kind of do whatever. You don't want to kill them all at once outside of a field, but if the first three that spawn happen to die early... oh well. 90-100k raid damage shouldn't be an issue for the healers at all.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I was using that Ovale add-on you guys suggested, and Barrage was a suggestion when the dude popped his shield, so went for it without thinking. I feigned it off once the adds popped, but some bullets were already flying. Sorry about that.

I see someone's Necrotic Plague doing some nice damage ticks though.
tongue.png

Vorph

Yeah, it doesn't really matter on normal as long as you don't kill all 9 at once outside of a circle. On heroic+ they have significantly more hp so it's quite a bit harder to kill them without switching to a full-on AE rotation. Either way, I hold onto barrage until he leaves the shield and the adds are in a circle. Even if people have blown up 2 or 3 of them already, you can usually still get off a full barrage on the last 6 or so to maximize the dps from it.

Regarding Ovale, the leftmost box is just "short cooldowns". Stuff you want to know is available but don't necessary want to use the moment it comes off cooldown. I'm not really sure why Black Arrow is in that box instead of the main rotation boxes. BA should be cast on the boss the moment it becomes available, no exceptions. I edit the hunter script to put it back where it belongs every time there's an update, and I also make an edit to the DK script that adds an extra check to use Festering Strike to extend NP just the right amount to last until the next UB is available. I can post my edited scripts if anyone else wants them.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
How often for the guild? How often are you pugging? I ran my lock a lot of dungeons today and I forsee a really shitty rotation. I wouldn't mind doing the healing. What healing class is needed?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We need to pug at least two healers every Saturday. Yesterday we had our own too but were waiting 20-30 minutes for healers to queue and when we got them they were shitty. Eventually we had to call the raid at 5/7 bosses.

So yes, it is a big problem.

Any healer is good really except disc priest because they can't stack. Holy priest, paladin, resto shaman and druid would all be great.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
We pug healers every Saturday morning. Yesterday was considerably worse than usual. I can't really make a suggestion on which class other than not a disc priest. Really just play what keeps you happy. I think a couple people are leveling healers maybe? I am not entirely sure.

^^^
Beat me to it lol.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be there to dps. I have a 635 priest but just can not for the life of me enjoy healing. I will not be bringing my lock again though. I was not pleased with my numbers, considering the effort to keep up dots on multiple targets and shit. Meh.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was looking at them earlier, some of their pure-healer skills look super useful for boss fights. It makes me think a good healing monk could really make a difference, but a lazy one would be taking up a raid slot.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have grouped with some really good monk healers. I would hazard a guess that they are probably more difficult to excel with, as opposed to the ease of priests and Druids.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think I want to try one out. I can't stand playing a druid healer, and my Warlock is starting to wear on me with all those fucking dots and shifting in and out of meta.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Play what you want to play - but if you stick with your healer and ever plan on taking him passed Heroic and into Mythic, I wouldnt even consider Monk or Shaman. Every healer can do the "job" but some do it so much better than the rest.

Vorph

I really wish shaman healing was in better shape. I would have leveled my vanilla-FoH shaman that's still on Hyjal from 60 to 100 instead of spending money to move over my priest. Given the relative weakness of resto compared to every other class right now, and the fact that both dps specs are very strong right now--especially enh which is only going to get a hell of a lot better with BRF gear if they don't get nerfed--I don't think I would ever want to play it as a healer.

My holy/disc priest should be 640-ish by next weekend. I make no promises about how good I am at playing it though; it's been 2 years since I healed at all (as a paladin) and 3 or 4 since I played my priest.

As for monks, I think it's less of a case that other healers do the job better as it is that they do it with less effort. The difference between good and bad monks and good and bad disc priests or resto druids is going to be massive.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Play what you want to play - but if you stick with your healer and ever plan on taking him passed Heroic and into Mythic, I wouldnt even consider Monk or Shaman. Every healer can do the "job" but some do it so much better than the rest.
Is there anywhere I can read up on the hows and whys?