Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't mind spending a couple of attempts on a new heroic boss, but the Twins are literally the second easiest boss in the instance and people were just getting melted.

Being a Goblin tanking giant bosses I can't see shit so I don't know who was fucking it up. That healer was fucking terrible though. I think it was the same one that stayed with us on Normal and immediately died on Tectus and immediately again on N Twins. Guy was a fuckin joke so I booted him.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have rogues experimented with (or is it common?) to feint away most AOE damage w/ Elusiveness so you can increase your overall DPS on a boss by selectively standing in certain AOE's and taking most of the damage away? Like on the Twins could you try standing in Pulverize (3rd wave, obv avoid 2nd) but feinting the impact so you'd take very little damage but gain ~5+ seconds of uptime swinging at the bosses?

Also heres to hoping my 670 follower mission grants me the dagger

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got Pol's trinket from my heroic mission last night so that tickled my dick, but as I already had the normal one it kind of felt less cool.

Doing Ashran this week because I haven't gotten gear in like 3 weeks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Monk healing is nothing short of awesome when doing the raid healing, it sucks donkey balls for tank healing and has only 1 (well 2) raid Cds that is not bad, but it's not great either.
I mistweave as offspec for fun and the main issue is managing a fuckton of Renewing Mists, when talented with Pool of Mists (and you should talent that always, with few exceptions), you can have 6 to 9 hots on the raid, which will be recieving the heals from Uplift (AE heal). No hot, no AE heal, so monitoring them is quite important.
Renewing mist itself is a retarded spell: you cast it on a target and it has 3 charges, it will bounce automagically on 2 more targets by itself, but you have zero control on that, so you have zero control on who's getting Uplift heal, but hey, you can pad the goddamn numbers on the healing meter! While it's true that AE heals always had less control, being totally random is no fun.
Tank healing leaves a lot to be desired, but it's doable on normal/heroic, no clue about mythic.

Good things: as a MW monk mana is pretty much a non issue. On easier content, Crane stance is more interesting than Serpent, you can do some dps and dish out non disgusting healing and build up a ton of mana tea stacks quite quickly. Spells look cool.
We have easily one of the best raid cooldowns currently, but it's getting nerfed in 6.1.
Mana tea is also getting significantly nerfed in 6.1 as well, which sucks... but it'll still be good lol
Keeping 9 renewing mists charges is easily done if you use TBT on cooldown, which you should be doing (specially when BRF comes out, as it'll grant you chi as well with your 4P bonus). Even having 11 or so is doable by doing this, which happens if you try and always keep renewing mists with only 1 charge at all times and getting lucky procs that don't consume a charge.

Between Uplift and RJW monk raid healing is insanely good, and both Cocoon and Revival can negate a lot of mechanics in HM completely

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There aren't many cases in HM where feint lets you stand in bad shit that other people can't iirc, it mostly just helps the raid out with shit that you can't avoid anyway so you don't get much bonus to dps uptime there. COS, Shadowstep, and sometimes evasion is tits for bypassing mechanics though. Like a pre-emptive evade on berserker rush - no fucks given if the boss spins on you. Your rotation is slow with lots of time in between globals to fit in survival boosts so it works great. Unfortunately right now taking smart advantage of all that shit is needed just to not be terrible. You can be good on half the encounters as combat, half as sub, or drive yourself nuts trying to do both.

At least combat isn't hugely dependant on secondary stats on gear yet, so gear upgrades come easy. (eventually haste will scale up crazy high again, taking multistrike along for the ride) I haven't even tried sub because, meh, alt. I'd have to start from scratch learning that shit.

It's fun as an alt but I can see where the frustration lies when you are doing all of these cool uptime tricks and gaining no ground on meters. Just think how shit you'd be if you weren't boosting your uptime in every way you can think of.

Still less work than "which hunter is handling Arcane?" (Pssst... we don't actually do anything because when people think hunters are "doing bombs" they just stand in a retarded pile passing the bomb around randomly)

Tenks

I already juggle specs depending on the encounter. I don't min/max it that horribly I just have my one gear set I use and enchant for MS since that is good for both specs. I guess in general Sub is the more all purpose spec for HM but unless you want to put out significantly lower numbers on Bracken, Twins or Tectus you are forced to bounce between sub and combat. I greatly prefer sub's playstyle since I find combat numbingly slow but you can easily get a heroic MH off Kargath but you can't get a heroic dagger until far later. But I just swap to sub and use hemo as my CP builder with my fist MH and the DPS loss doesn't seem quite that bad. Biggest loss is losing the ability to advance my bleeds with MS off BS.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since you mentioned getting gibbed as melee on Kargath, I'll go off on a bit of a tangent. I highly suggest people get the optionalvoice pack addon for DBM. As a supplement to normal DBM functionality, it's just as useful as GTFO is imo. What it does is replace almost all the generic DBM sounds with a voice saying exactly what's happening. Or in the case of Kargath about to Berserker Rush, it plays a Wilhelm Scream. About half a second after the scream, Kargath will turn to face the person he's going to rush and you can easily get out of the way. I haven't even come close to getting hit since installing it, even on Mythic.

I also use aset of WeakAurasfor Highmaul shit. They're from the DK guide, but I don't think any of it is actually DK-specific (it's missing things healers and tanks would want though, I'm sure). They work fine on my hunter, I know that much. A lot of it is tailored for Mythic, but I find a few of them very useful on all difficulties. The one warning that Force Nova is a couple seconds away from happening for instance. It's a wobbling icon that is almost impossible to miss, unlike the plain old DBM timer bar which I ignore 95% of the time; since installing it I haven't fucked up P4 nova at all and that's something I struggled with a bit. There's also one that notifies me the second Ko'ragh starts casting Expel Magic: Fire, so that if I hit AMS immediately I will not get the debuff. I assume it should work for rogue using CoS as well. Between the WAs, GTFO, and DBM talking to me, I pretty much never have to look at the DBM UI itself and have shut off a lot of the stuff that just clutters my screen.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's so depressing that alliance and horde still can't group. Everytime I read this thread I think ("Oh I could help with --") then realize I can't.

Boo... I thought this was America!!!

Tenks

It's so depressing that alliance and horde still can't group. Everytime I read this thread I think ("Oh I could help with --") then realize I can't.

Boo... I thought this was America!!!
This is America. Only it is in the segregated south.