Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you want to heal and still be pretty awesome, paladin is usually the best way to go. They can tank and do dps for their other specs, which they're both really good.

My priest is 100 and he's actually LFR qualified, but for the life of me, soloing with him sucks absolute balls. The only consolation to it was adapting him for nuking instead of dots, but he's nowhere near as convenient to play as the other classes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I thought leveling my druid from 90 to 100 was as bad as it could get, but it turns out that was nothing compared to how shitty it is to quest as a priest now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a 72 paladin I've been thinking about bringing over for healing, but since I mostly tank I don't really have a chance to raid with alts.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm slowly leveling up a monk (~94.5 now) that I'll convert over to MW. I can use it to help out but I have no intentions of switching over from my rogue unless it turns out to actually be fun. Leveling the monk as DPS is kind of stupid easy so it makes this boring.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Monks are great raid healers but more to supplement the core healing classes rather than carry.

I'll get a holy spec ready and learned for next Saturday so I can switch if necessary. I'm still going to be geared for disc though. Pretty dumb that Holy and Disc have opposite stat priorities.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there anywhere I can read up on the hows and whys?
Monk healers are very good, going on world of logs and seeing holy priests, holy paladins and resto druids on top of almost every mythic fight doesn't mean monks are bad by any means.

Once people are in BRF gear who knows what will happen though

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I get the cloak from HM Normal yesterday and it rolls up with +avoidance and a gem slot. I get my heroic HM mission loot today and its the heroic version without those perks. What a kick in the balls lol.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you want to heal and still be pretty awesome, paladin is usually the best way to go. They can tank and do dps for their other specs, which they're both really good.

My priest is 100 and he's actually LFR qualified, but for the life of me, soloing with him sucks absolute balls. The only consolation to it was adapting him for nuking instead of dots, but he's nowhere near as convenient to play as the other classes.
Even the nuking sucks unless you throw in DOTS around it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got Pol's heroic trinket from my garrison. Finally a goddamn upgrade. Tanked everything except heroic imp at this point. People need to bring their A hand on Saturday morning if they want to progress. I'm now an officer and I'll be bringing flasks for everyone.

Appreciate everyones help so far by showing up, helping lead, bringing their geared DPs. We are looking for someone consistent to step up and help raid lead by calling shit out for everyone much like Hist did on our normal imp kill. Ive nominated Moord but if anyone else wants to step up too that would be good. Just need to not be afraid to talk and be willing to call people out.

If its just me or krassus talking its not going to work

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I will definitely speak up more to help out. Only fight I won't be overly confident about is imp, only because I've only ever gotten him down on my rogue, so wouldn't be the best to call out anything.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
How come no one mentions monk healers? They look kind of fun to play.
Monk healing is nothing short of awesome when doing the raid healing, it sucks donkey balls for tank healing and has only 1 (well 2) raid Cds that is not bad, but it's not great either.
I mistweave as offspec for fun and the main issue is managing a fuckton of Renewing Mists, when talented with Pool of Mists (and you should talent that always, with few exceptions), you can have 6 to 9 hots on the raid, which will be recieving the heals from Uplift (AE heal). No hot, no AE heal, so monitoring them is quite important.
Renewing mist itself is a retarded spell: you cast it on a target and it has 3 charges, it will bounce automagically on 2 more targets by itself, but you have zero control on that, so you have zero control on who's getting Uplift heal, but hey, you can pad the goddamn numbers on the healing meter! While it's true that AE heals always had less control, being totally random is no fun.
Tank healing leaves a lot to be desired, but it's doable on normal/heroic, no clue about mythic.

Good things: as a MW monk mana is pretty much a non issue. On easier content, Crane stance is more interesting than Serpent, you can do some dps and dish out non disgusting healing and build up a ton of mana tea stacks quite quickly. Spells look cool.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I will definitely speak up more to help out. Only fight I won't be overly confident about is imp, only because I've only ever gotten him down on my rogue, so wouldn't be the best to call out anything.
It's ok man, we all need to learn some time. As long as we aren't fuckups, this Saturday we'll put some time in on Imp and a lot of people are still learning the fight so it won't be a big deal. Me and Poid will have tanking on lockdown

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did we log our wipes last night? Would like to review.

::EDIT:: Also, do we have a guild code for warcraftlogs?

Tenks

Aye I was a bit saddened to see how bad the noodle crew did on twins. You'd think with how many times people should have done twins on LFR and Normal that dodging fire would be ingrained by now. Was really hoping we could make some progress on heroic. I even saw quite a few melee still chasing into Whirlwind.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Should have seen me on mythic the first time I learned that the first whirlwind that goes out is empowered and the vortex is room-wide. Sucked right into a wall of fire. After 3 stacks I just accepted my fate. The second rep, I had disengage/posthaste ready... right into a pile of fire that was still lingering on the wall. Derp de doo.

It got pretty easy after that, except for fighting the fucking camera when near the wall.

Anyway, point is, it all takes practice. Shit that doesn't matter on normal matters on heroic, and so on.

Tenks

We were just doing heroic so the quake dancing was unchanged. I wasn't paying a ton of attention to who was fucking it up but I know our pug healer died immediately on the first quake.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but they probably weren't used to caring and racked up 3+ stacks all the time on normal. There's far more pressure to maximize meters than there is to minimize incoming damage.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Aye I was a bit saddened to see how bad the noodle crew did on twins. You'd think with how many times people should have done twins on LFR and Normal that dodging fire would be ingrained by now. Was really hoping we could make some progress on heroic. I even saw quite a few melee still chasing into Whirlwind.
Guild I am in is guilty of the exact same thing. Sleep walking through heroics one week and wiping on Kargath the next. I have no idea what the problem is. Some people just aren't learning from anything and making Introduction to Raiding for Dumbshits 101 errors all the time. 2/3 of our raiders are moving forward in skill, and the rest have slammed on the brakes and are going backward. GL isn't willing to exclude people from raids, so the future is pugging for people who want to advance and eating paste for the rest.

Tenks

GTFO's alert sound is so annoying I try to avoid any contact with any avoidable AOE at all points in time regardless of the difficulty :< Hell its the main reason I hate those ogre mage trash spawns which put those clouds down because GTFO is just sounding off the entire damn time.