Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can funnel the mats to a person and have them make each trinket and then give you the final boe trinket

Elsebet

Peasant
I tried Ret in an LFR earlier this week. My best showing was 17k on Imperator when I paid careful attention to CLCRet. I'd like to not rely on that addon though. I definitely need to switch seals for the 2+ add spawns next time. The transition from healer to melee dps is interesting, totally different perspective. I have not played melee dps in any game so I have a lot to learn. I may start using my Razor Naga mouse again, my HP builders are bound to 1,2,3 and having to use them often while moving with WASD feels clunky and uncomfortable.

Per SimulationCraft (average skill, light movement) I should be hitting around 18.5k so I have some work to do!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You can funnel the mats to a person and have them make each trinket and then give you the final boe trinket
yeah bro ill never have the 40 something + bloods required to make that trinket anytime soon i just started back up so i didnt have 1k herbs or something ready to liquidate or have been playing long enough to build up some savage bloods.

thats why i was probably just going to grab the first level of it, and eventually work towards it no way i can buy 40 bloods + the sorcerous airs/fires whatever else is required to just go straight for lvl 4 unless you wanna donate to my poor mans fund, just the second step is 15 bloods 20 earths.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got all other buttons hotkeyed for stuff just because when I'm moving I find it weird to hit certain buttons.

I got Q as blood boil, E as death grip, Shift-Q and Shift-E as something, CTRL-Q/CTRL-E, Z, X. Working on other buttons, but trying not to "break" any important key binds.

I keybind my voice chat to my Logitech mouse as well.

Edit: Teck I understand. I couldn't afford it either, just saying it's one way.

1-700 alchemy shouldn't really cost you that much, but you'll have to wait for the herb trader to rotate back in

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only took 31 attempts, but I finally downed heroic gruul. I should not have to be so excited about killing such an easy boss, lol. But I am.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
if anyone has any extra trusteel ignot pm me, gonna work towards upgrading the axe fully for my DK, also sorcerous earth's i can trade others for them.

yeah noodle, does it take a certain lvl of alch to make it? on the site it says you only need lvl 1 to equip it.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I know this has been asked a million times but what do you guys recommend for mods?

There are so many now, it's tough to say what are the best.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Master Plan (definitely)
Deadly Boss Mods
Skada

Those are the basic "needs" that can be recommended to anyone, I'd say.

Elsebet

Peasant
I got all other buttons hotkeyed for stuff just because when I'm moving I find it weird to hit certain buttons.

I got Q as blood boil, E as death grip, Shift-Q and Shift-E as something, CTRL-Q/CTRL-E, Z, X. Working on other buttons, but trying not to "break" any important key binds.

I keybind my voice chat to my Logitech mouse as well.
Yep everything of mine is keyed, no clicking (other than pots in Autobar). I use 123456QETGVC, then SHIFT, ALT, AND CTRL plus those buttons. That seems to work ok for healing, but for some reason for melee it feels clunky. The removal of a lot of skills in WoW has certainly tidied up my hotbars, it seems I can get away with most everything on my main keys and only use CTRL/ALT/SHIFT combinations for a few cooldowns or rarely used spells. I wish they would do the same in EQ2, maybe I'd play that again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
if anyone has any extra trusteel ignot pm me, gonna work towards upgrading the axe fully for my DK, also sorcerous earth's i can trade others for them.

yeah noodle, does it take a certain lvl of alch to make it? on the site it says you only need lvl 1 to equip it.
I can't visit wowhead right now because it's blocked at work, but try looking up the recipe. I am willing to bet it requires 700 but I could be wrong.

@Braen: I use ElvUI for my base UI, although there are very polarizing views about it. As a disclaimer, ElvUI was found to have a backdoor a few months ago that the creator left in "by mistake". You'll also want one of the Garrison addons when you hit 90, I think I use MasterPlanner. TSM if you like to play the AH.

For raiding: DeadlyBossMods is required, unless you are very good at cues in combat and don't need to be told what to do. WeakAuras/TellMeWhen for cooldown timers. Skada (I prefer) or Recount for DPS/HPS.

Zalere

N00b
I can't visit wowhead right now because it's blocked at work, but try looking up the recipe. I am willing to bet it requires 700 but I could be wrong.

@Braen: I use ElvUI for my base UI, although there are very polarizing views about it. As a disclaimer, ElvUI was found to have a backdoor a few months ago that the creator left in "by mistake". You'll also want one of the Garrison addons when you hit 90, I think I use MasterPlanner. TSM if you like to play the AH.

For raiding: DeadlyBossMods is required, unless you are very good at cues in combat and don't need to be told what to do. WeakAuras/TellMeWhen for cooldown timers. Skada (I prefer) or Recount for DPS/HPS.
I don't know what comes bundled in with ElvUI, but on top of what has been said I'd add in Tell Me When, Quartz, Grid, and Bartender. If you don't like the default unit frames, I'd recommend Shadow Unit Frames too.

Edit - Noodle already brought up TMW. Personally I think TMW is much easier and quicker to set up than Weak Auras, but that's just me.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

It only requires lvl 1 to make it and equip it. Just gotta buy the recipe with alchemical catalyst. All of the Draenor recipes only require lvl 1 to make.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It only requires lvl 1 to make it and equip it. Just gotta buy the recipe with alchemical catalyst. All of the Draenor recipes only require lvl 1 to make.
sweet ty alavaz, if anyone here would be willing to let me borrow some gold until next week when i can run old raids 2x again pm me.

also anyone know how to make a macro that uses both my trinkets no matter what they are? insrtead of me dragging it down to the bar everytime i change my trinkets around

i know you can just drag them onto your bar but when i used to play i had a macro that used whatever trinket i had slotted in the first (13th item slot) and the second (14th item slot) without ever having to drag them to the bar everytime i changed my trinkets around

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
what are your guys opinions, think the 90-100 looms are worth it? its 8k if you only get the 4 pieces with 10% or are you better off buying skull of war, or 1-2 630BOES because you will use these at 100.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't bother with heirlooms too much personally, 90-100 goes by quick, especially if you know what you're doing.

I wouldn't invest in the 630 items because they will get replaced easily, since now you have both HM and BRF on LFR.

Skull of War might last you a while, since you can keep upgrading it.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
In regards to blood, start doing things that net you Primal Spirit. 50 spirit = 1 blood. Daily trader turn in (except dust because that is expensive still), mining, herbing, missions, etc. Alchemists also get a daily transmute.

The actual price of a single blood will most likely be lower soon as the amount coming into the system should be substantially more that previous.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I usually don't bother with heirlooms either, although with the tabs now it's much nicer than searching an army of alts looking for pieces. I have a terrible time levelling alts though.. I don't even like speccing for DPS, I'm like a one-trick pony.

Hope people bring their A-game tonight for heroic HM. I got the flasks, feasts, and some pots.

And I'll be streaming so everyone can see our failures