Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I imagine it would be a chore indeed. Back in vanilla guilds basically recruited themselves. There were only a handful that did progression and you knew their names because you'd see them and inspect them in Org. I couldn't even tell you the name of a single mythic guild on Hyjal, how many bosses they've downed or any of their characters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did recruiting in other games and I basically wanted to end my life everyday.

That said, if Saturday ever transitioned to Mythic (LOL) I would recruit like it was my job

Tenks

I actually enjoyed it a bit for my old guild. But I did the recruiting in a somewhat round-about way by just joining random dungeon runs in /general and if anyone in the group was competent I'd ask them if they'd be interested in running MC with us. I found if I explicitly did recruitment posts in /general I'd get flooded by people who I had no idea if they were a retard or not and doing a dungeon with someone knowing they're under evaluation never really proved fruitful to me.

But also like I said 9/10 of our recruitment was people self applying to the guild via our website

Vitality

HUSTLE
Those were the days when your name actually meant something on the servers.

We're all faceless now.

Tenks

Yeah the LFG tool is very well done and obviously a huge gain for WoW but it does make the game rather anonymous. Unless someone specifically fucks up I don't think I've ever talked in /party while getting an LFG party. Which is a shame because I always enjoyed the social aspect of MMOs just as much as the actual gameplay. It was always nice getting non-guilded people cold-calling me in /whisper to tank for their party they're putting together because we grouped in the past and they knew I tanked well.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
LFG tool is really awesome, Ive met a lot of really awesome people and some of our best DPS weekly came from people we met pugging heroic imp.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The dudes I tanked Imp for said I was awesome and all added me to their friends list, they still invite me to raids sometimes with their guild. I never thought I was that good, but you do meet some cool people.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My internets continue to suck. I'm going to make the dreaded call to Comcast support today(was really hoping they would have this shit fixed), but if it continues to suck I doubt I'll play Saturday. I will just be a hindrance at 400 ms pings.

Tenks

I remember back when my guild was raiding Naxx TWC bought out the cable company we had and weeks later their hubs were so overloaded I couldn't play longer than 20 minutes without it lagging heavy and eventually dropping me. I had to eventually convince my parents to switch ISPs to fix it.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone is moving to a 2 day mythic/progression guild that needs a huntard throw me a line.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Comcast has been rock-solid for me right up until around 3 weeks ago. I'm in Florida and was getting like 60ms ping on Hyjal normally. Now I'm getting like 10% packet loss at the default gateway and WoW pings fluctuate badly from 150 - 500.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is moving to a 2 day mythic/progression guild that needs a huntard throw me a line.
Are you EST or PST? We have it down to 3 that are all at least 3 or 5/7 Mythic. No way in hell I can goto a guild that has problems with Mythic Twins / Bracken with how easy they are after doing them this week. There is a good amount of really strong guilds though that do 2 days a week raiding and some have cleared it.

The good thing is most of them are very strict 2 days even during progression Ive been talking.

@Soy lol @ Comcast good luck with those clowns

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you EST or PST? We have it down to 3 that are all at least 3 or 5/7 Mythic. No way in hell I can goto a guild that has problems with Mythic Twins / Bracken with how easy they are after doing them this week. There is a good amount of really strong guilds though that do 2 days a week raiding and some have cleared it.

The good thing is most of them are very strict 2 days even during progression Ive been talking.

I'm actually CST but prefer later runs (would like 930 EST or later start times).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Seriously. I feel so powerless when I have any problems with them. Not doing anything at all is preferable to trying to get actual tech support.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Theyre really easy, but yet some people still failed to stay out of the fire during that fight.
rolleyes.png