Cats

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Cat Genie looks cool but my cat ( a very large main coon, seriously...not fat, just huge) pee's like a gallon at a time so it's not something that's really scoopable. I end up just changing the litter every 4 days.

I wish he pee'd scoopable piles, seriously looks like a fire hose went off in the littler box sometimes.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Cat Genie looks cool but my cat ( a very large main coon, seriously...not fat, just huge) pee's like a gallon at a time so it's not something that's really scoopable. I end up just changing the litter every 4 days.

I wish he pee'd scoopable piles, seriously looks like a fire hose went off in the littler box sometimes.
Pee in the cat genie just drains to the bottom of it and into the wash system. The Cat Genie only scoops poo and the granules in it aren't something that soaks things up, they stay in the bowl and get washed.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I like my cat because he is such a jerk and I think he does things like puke on the carpet and push things off the table because he hates us.

It's fun to impart evil motives on him when in reality he is just an idiot who doesn't clean himself properly and derps around the house.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet is great for watching evil Satan cats and how they address behavioral issues. Nothing better than seeing some chick crying about having to kick her boyfriend / husband out of the house because the damn cat just won't get along with him. Meanwhile my cat is awesome. He doesn't get on counters, scratch up the furniture, or wake us up at night, etc... We got him at 3 months old and basically just made sure he had enough of "his" toys to play with and scratch, so he didn't feel compelled to scratch up our stuff. Then I built him this six story cat tower with scratching post, danging toy, and he lives up there. At night he sleeps on the end of our bed and when the alarm goes off in the morning he moves up top and curls next to whoever's is going off earliest that morning.

But I will have a dog dammit... I will...

Ben_sl

shitlord
My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet is great for watching evil Satan cats and how they address behavioral issues. Nothing better than seeing some chick crying about having to kick her boyfriend / husband out of the house because the damn cat just won't get along with him. Meanwhile my cat is awesome. He doesn't get on counters, scratch up the furniture, or wake us up at night, etc... We got him at 3 months old and basically just made sure he had enough of "his" toys to play with and scratch, so he didn't feel compelled to scratch up our stuff. Then I built him this six story cat tower with scratching post, danging toy, and he lives up there. At night he sleeps on the end of our bed and when the alarm goes off in the morning he moves up top and curls next to whoever's is going off earliest that morning.

But I will have a dog dammit... I will...
Then there are the girls that will break up with a guy because their cat likes the guy more than her and she gets jealous and can't stand it.
Women have a thing for getting their emotional needs met through cats.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just like the other posters have said, you get what you put into your cat. I also suggest getting a kitten and going from there. It's much easier to train your cat if you start young.

Currently I have one cat, thinking about getting another to keep her company. She is aMaine coon. She's a talkative cat, follows me around the house most of the time, sleeps under my bed and wakes up with me and my alarm. I have no problem with her spraying but I got her fixed early.

Oh and the best invention ever is the electric cat box. Virtually no cleaning necessary, just empty the recepticale on a regular basis.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ever figure out that shitting problem? Mine does the same thing.

It's not good shit either. Looks more like cow shit. Traces of blood sometimes too. We know something is wrong with him, but we can't figure it the fuck out. Have taken him to two vets, nothing. Second vet was like "want to pay $800 to run a bunch of tests that might tell you what's wrong with him?". Not $800 to fucking fix him, $800 just to sorta maybe kinda know wtf is going on. Who knows if it's treatable.

Scoop the litter 3 times a day. We've got him on hypoallergenic food. We've tried prednisone. Had him tested for parasites. He's an indoor cat. We have two litter boxes. Just fucking infuriating. He'll piss in the box just fine though.

After he dies, which will probably be forever from now, I'm fucking done with uninsurable entities that don't speak english.
Yeah, I think we did. We switched up the litter a few times and now we're on the normal clay Tidycat shit and it has been working, no outside the box shits since we implemented that.

I totally understand your pain. Once this cat dies, which may be any day now if he chews up one more fucking power cord, I am NEVER, ever getting another cat. I may go for a dog, it has been a while since I had a dog and I always had one growing up. But that will be a while from now, I need a break from animals.

Ben_sl

shitlord
yBeN2gU.jpg

miseaujeu_sl

shitlord
Cats are awful. Being extremely allergic might color my opinion but I don't see why you would want this pest brought into your home. Choose a pet that doesn't have complete disdain for your every thing.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cats are awful. Being extremely allergic might color my opinion but I don't see why you would want this pest brought into your home. Choose a pet that doesn't have complete disdain for your every thing.
Eh, our cats seem very sensitive to us and will come over and try to comfort us if it's obvious we're sick and they love our kids, which is reciprocated 10fold by the kids. That grey one up there in my pic we had to get rid of because he pissed all of our house and bed, at the same time his world was severely disrupted with the addition of new cats, two dogs and a kid (the last straw apparently) when he was originally by himself. We found a new home for him in Ohio (crazy people drove all the way to NC and raised $500 on facebook to pick him up) and he's all good now apparently.

Honestly, the main thing I hated about cats was the litter situation. Now that we use the breeze system it doesn't bother me at all and is super easy so we'll probably have cats forever as my daughter loves them.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Desensitization vaccinations exist now as we'll as SLIT - immunotherapy in essence. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a cat purr in your lap and be able to enjoy it? Contact your local quack today
smile.png