Cats

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Orange or citrus peels at strategic spots. Cats dislike the smell.
I tried this at Christmas with our tree. Tycho loved it and loved the Orange peels even more. Of course anything remotely close to the floor is his toy, but we had read they don't typically like citrus too.

Here's a picture of the Cat Tree I built for him. Was maybe less than $100 in materials and not too hard to work out. He loves it and it helps to keep him off the tables / counters b/c he can get up high. Would like to get some shelves to kind of create him a walking path up high as well, just not sure how to do it without it looking tacky.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
yeah I am planning to build my fuckhead a new scratching post, but I have a lot of shit on my plate right now. I found some pretty good plans online and have a few ideas on my own.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I tried this at Christmas with our tree. Tycho loved it and loved the Orange peels even more. Of course anything remotely close to the floor is his toy, but we had read they don't typically like citrus too.

Here's a picture of the Cat Tree I built for him. Was maybe less than $100 in materials and not too hard to work out. He loves it and it helps to keep him off the tables / counters b/c he can get up high. Would like to get some shelves to kind of create him a walking path up high as well, just not sure how to do it without it looking tacky.
Awesome platform. Needs more of the sisal rope for scratching. I can't tell if the other fabric is scratch inducing - what is it?
smile.png

Also YMMV of course with citrus. Here is what it looks like when they dislike the smell:
Video is loud for some reason, turn down volume - it's not my upload, just a random demonstration.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
yeah I am planning to build my fuckhead a new scratching post, but I have a lot of shit on my plate right now. I found some pretty good plans online and have a few ideas on my own.
Oh you softy
smile.png

rrr_img_20341.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
rrr_img_20343.jpg

Built that over last weekend from lumber I had left from some jobs. Made the 3 cushions from bed foam/material from walmart. Total cost:$17.36

Anyways I got a problem. I've always had cats up to 6 for many years, currently 4 and although I know a ton about their behavior I have never had a issue that I do now and am hoping someone else has had something similar happen.
I rescued a cat called Poppy last fall. She is super loving and is overall a excellent cat with one exception.
She poops and pees outside the litter box. Thankfully she no longer goes on carpet/wood and goes to the shower. She gets in litter boxes, looks around , sniffs and then goes outside it.
I have used brand new boxes only she had access too( locked in room for weeks at a time ) 8 in fact in total. Open top, closed top, top entrance, different sizes and shapes.
I have used 11 different kinds of litter, no scent, scented, pellets, paper, wood, even the cat attract brands.

If the litter and box is BRAND new she will use it, for about a day then never go back to it again.
I have never returned a pet to a shelter but she has got to learn to use the box. I've had her 7 months now.
I've never had one so stubborn but otherwise she is probably in the top 3 cats I've had out of 14.
Any suggestions?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That is actually pretty good for the price. Most of the time they are outrageously expensive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Built that over last weekend from lumber I had left from some jobs. Made the 3 cushions from bed foam/material from walmart. Total cost:$17.36

Anyways I got a problem. I've always had cats up to 6 for many years, currently 4 and although I know a ton about their behavior I have never had a issue that I do now and am hoping someone else has had something similar happen.
I rescued a cat called Poppy last fall. She is super loving and is overall a excellent cat with one exception.
She poops and pees outside the litter box. Thankfully she no longer goes on carpet/wood and goes to the shower. She gets in litter boxes, looks around , sniffs and then goes outside it.
I have used brand new boxes only she had access too( locked in room for weeks at a time ) 8 in fact in total. Open top, closed top, top entrance, different sizes and shapes.
I have used 11 different kinds of litter, no scent, scented, pellets, paper, wood, even the cat attract brands.

If the litter and box is BRAND new she will use it, for about a day then never go back to it again.
I have never returned a pet to a shelter but she has got to learn to use the box. I've had her 7 months now.
I've never had one so stubborn but otherwise she is probably in the top 3 cats I've had out of 14.
Any suggestions?
Cat has pooped and peed outside it's litter for 7 months no matter what you do and you want to know what to do?

Get rid of the damn cat.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
??? You really have a cat? I thought that was just people being a dick...
He has multiple cats lol

Sean, if You'd rather spend over $500 the first year for a automated cat litter box that's on you, but don't you every bitch about how little cash you live on anymore. lol

Sean_sl

shitlord
He has multiple cats lol

Sean, if You'd rather spend over $500 the first year for a automated cat litter box that's on you, but don't you every bitch about how little cash you live on anymore. lol
I've had one for like, going on 4 years now I think! I won't actually have to spend anything this year really since I have a surplus of cleaner.

And sure the buy-in is high, but after that it's pretty inexpensive for the absurdly awesome luxury it gives you.

Sean_sl

shitlord
That site still says its roughly $33 a month after the buy in, which is still silly imo.
That's just for the first year. After that it's 28 dollars the first month + 18 per month for 9 months or 39 + 24x9 depending on how big of a supply package you need for a years supply. Both of which are cheaper than buying stuff separately.

The buy in for the unit + supplies for the first year is 150 + 33x 9 or 39x 9 depending on how big of a supply package you get, you only pay 10 months out of the year, not all 12.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No, but if I don't have to spend money then I don't.

Also after 10 years of kids, nothing in a cat box is worse then what I've faced in a diaper.