Comic Books

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goonsquad Officer
are those crowdfunded comics going to go up on like amazon? or any other "purchase without crowdfunding" options? i want to check some out after listening to comicsgate chats but i don't want to deal with backing hooha.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
are those crowdfunded comics going to go up on like amazon? or any other "purchase without crowdfunding" options? i want to check some out after listening to comicsgate chats but i don't want to deal with backing hooha.
As far as I know, currently there is no plan for it in his case at least, because he's ordering the runs, packaging, postaging , shipping, etc. himself. The next one I believe he is getting a fulfillment company to do a lot of it for him, but he wanted to see how involved it was first before he just blindly paid someone to do it for him and maybe got ripped off. He's since found that it is worth paying someone else. But with all the hoopla over comic book stores not wanting to carry his book because of SJW bullshit, I think for the foreseeable future he's good with just crushing it via crowdfunding. That's not to say that he won't eventually get enough requests to throw it up somewhere like Amazon, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Certainly not until his current books are all done and sent at least.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
packaging, postaging , shipping, etc.
yeah. this is a big deal, 90% of kickstarters, etc fuck up. Its WAY more work then they anticipate, and often costs more too. you might see huge kickstarter budgets, and think they are making money hand over foot. but in reality, its all vanishing into shipping and handling, scaled up with that larger then expected print run, extras, etc.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
yeah. this is a big deal, 90% of kickstarters, etc fuck up. Its WAY more work then they anticipate, and often costs more too. you might see huge kickstarter budgets, and think they are making money hand over foot. but in reality, its all vanishing into shipping and handling, scaled up with that larger then expected print run, extras, etc.
I believe he also said that he'd sign every copy of Jawbreakers, and he's trying to figure out how the fuck to sign all those copies. According to the funding page, over 10,000 of them were ordered :(

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lots of markers.

Logistics of team signing, if they dont live together in digital age too... sign 500 copies.. mail to artist sign 500 copies, mail to colorist to sign 500 copies.. lots of shipping..

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I believe he also said that he'd sign every copy of Jawbreakers, and he's trying to figure out how the fuck to sign all those copies. According to the funding page, over 10,000 of them were ordered :(

Goonsquad Officer
hah. that's crazy. carolla said that he had his goons take every copy of whatever book he had a pallet of. and they covered every surface in the warehouse with the books open to the first page. and he walked around doing it for like 3 hours.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd love to do a graphic novel someday.

Even if I'm the only one who has a copy ^.^

I've got a goofy little story I want to tell. Not super hero - just weird.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
If I’m interested in reading the old Eastman/Laird TMNT stories, how do I go about doing it? Like where would I start on Amazon?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Doomsday Clock started up again, current is 9of12 and if they don't fuck this up, it's so far the best marvel/dc event in 10+ years

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Hickman returns to Marvel, running the X-books, starting with the cancellation of the entire line and 2 6-issue series (House of X, Powers of X) running for the summer setting up the line for the foreseeable future.

Setting the foundation for MCU hopefully.

MARVEL to Cancel, Relaunch Entire X-MEN Line

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I ordered these. First super hero comics ever for me.

Also ordered the DCeased ones. The horror movie inspired covers are awesome.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Hickman returns to Marvel, running the X-books, starting with the cancellation of the entire line and 2 6-issue series (House of X, Powers of X) running for the summer setting up the line for the foreseeable future.

Setting the foundation for MCU hopefully.

MARVEL to Cancel, Relaunch Entire X-MEN Line
ah fuck you Hickman, i swore off shitty xmen since xmen v avengers, and Hickman is the only guy to bring me back to em.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got my copy of Jawbreakers a month or so ago. I just check and it's signed "meyer" in silver sharpie! Ironically I haven't read it since comics are not my thing, youtube drama is. Maybe I should read it and give you all a review of my first ever comic book.

Still waiting for Cyberfrog but the art looks amazing and EVS doubled the length so I'm actually excited for that one.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait....there's new Cyberfrog coming/came out? That was an awesome series back in the day. Love EVS' art on the book.
Yeah he did a crowdfund last year and got the record for the most money raised for a comic book.

The first round did something like $600,000 and he's done two more rounds of funding because people kept asking him to reopen it. He must be getting close to a million.

It's called Cyberfrog: Bloodhoney.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user