Constantine

Arative

Vyemm Raider
NBC is not ordering any more episodes of Constantine. More than likely its done but it might be worth it in a Friday night slot, like Grimm

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's the safest move for NBC at this point since the show is on the fence. It isn't doing well enough to commit to it, but it isn't doing so bad (by NBC standards - especially on a Friday night) to cancel it. The inconsistent ratings and large live+3day bump means the show still has the potential to grow, but there's no sense in ordering the back 9 in case it doesn't. NBC will likely air all of the episodes regardless, so this buys them more time than just 4 episodes to better judge if the show is worth keeping. This doesn't bode well for the show, but the fact that they haven't outright cancelled it makes me think NBC is playing the waiting game to see just where the show lands. This also prevents the producers from shopping the show to other networks in the meanwhile.

The question I have is what NBC is planning to air once Constantine's 13 episodes are finished. Hannibal is not likely to return until April or May, which leaves the timeslot open from February to April.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Fuuuuuuuck. Seriously FX, pick this thing up and dust it off. It has serious potential but needs some love. Or hell, if AMC grabbed it and put it on just before TWD to have a 2 hour "comicbook" night.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Jim Corrigan wasn't quite what I was expecting. Still was nice to have a good chunk of Spectre foreshadowing at the end.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It'd be nice if, instead of having Walt's father come down every week to tell Constantine about the impending war and his role in it, we actually got to see said war...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm surprised to hear this show is struggling for ratings. I think it's fantastic and it's near the top of my list of shows to watch each week (behind Arrow, Flash, and Gotham).

Did they mess with the episode order, by the way? It seemed weird that this most recent episode took place during Halloween.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm guessing the writers didn't know NBC was going to hold the show's premiere until late October rather than early September.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was a little confused by the complete absence of Zed too. I almost wonder if this was supposed to be the second episode, and maybe they made this one knowing they were dumping the original chick (Liv) and getting a new one, but didn't know who they were casting yet and had to get an episode in the can?

No Zed made me sad in the pants. I am continually surprised by how good looking she is. It is like I know she is, but I constantly don't realize it until I see her again.

EDIT: Oh, duh, she's from Spanish television. It is pretty much a requirement that you be smoking hot there.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
It does feel a bit weird having one of the "team" not present since it seems like he's either with a group until they all eventually die off or just runs solo in the comics which I feel could turn this into a good run if it gets beyond this first season. People seem to really like the uncertainty of characters that you've gotten to know dropping off without warning with the popularity of GOT and The Walking Dead. Hellblazer never seemed to really be into the permanence of anyone beyond John so, aside from tv scheduling, it's a nice nod to see that the character in the show still works plus or minus a regular. I guess it's a good base to go with for a first season if they have ideas of getting into why he is who he is and why he acts the way that he acts.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's also the fact that Constantine's other sidekick is boring by comparison. He seems to exist purely as exposition for Constantine's backstory and so someone can get killed every week. Zedd being "at art class" probably wouldn't have been as noticeable if they filled out his character some.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The production code for this episode was 3J5552 whereas the others after the pilot have been 3J5553 -4 and -5 so yeah this was indeed filmed before the others and probably before they had finalized the casting of Zed. This also explains why this episode had more in common thematically with the pilot as compared to last week.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
last episode w/ fallen angel was best of the season i thought
Yeah I really liked it too. Fallen angel was hot. So was crazy preacher's sister. Aside from the eye candy, I thought it was a cool episode. I really hope some other network picks this up.

Caliane

Yeah, I liked that one alot too.

rIEbHnk.jpg

Conspicuous mask.
Looks alot like the Medusa mask of Psycho pirate.

I wonder what the deals are for what can and can't be shown.
This show has not held back from reference after reference to DC properties.
Might be crazy, but the war/event they keep talking about might be the appearance of superhumans.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotham has had some Arrow Easter Eggs (ie mentions of Queen Industries in newspapers), so I don't think there really is much of a limit. Unlike Marvel, DC has (I believe) the movie/television rights to all of their properties, so there is no having one character belonging to one studio and another to a different one. DC is also keeping their television and movie universes separate, which I imagine gives the writers a little more freedom to what they reference.

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
This week's episode was pretty good. Damn cliff hangers.

It's a shame this is most likely going to be cancelled. It is really starting to take off.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even though I haven't been following this show, last episode had a 25% increase in viewers