Constantine

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
There is the unaired pilot that is shown as a test and an aired pilot and they do swap people all the time. He also forgot True Blood had a major cast change from its pilot.

Riff Regan was supposed to play Willow btw. Tamizim Merchant played Daenerys and Jennifer Ehle played Catelyn Stark in the pilot that never aired for GoT. Brook Ker was Tara in the original True Blood pilot.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Yeah I remeber being so fucking releaved when they got rid of that Tamizim chic, her face is all kinds of downsy, and her acting is even worse.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, pilot doesn't necessarily mean first episode. A pilot is sort of a proof of concept that is used to sell the idea to networks. Sometimes they're solid enough to use as the premiere (eg Lost) and sometimes they reveal series flaws that need to be resolved before airing. Constantine is really the only show I can think of where they went ahead with airing the pilot despite knowing it needed changes and just made that part of the plot. I suspect part of that is because NBC committed to the show based on its script rather than waiting to view a pilot.

There is the unaired pilot that is shown as a test and an aired pilot and they do swap people all the time. He also forgot True Blood had a major cast change from its pilot.
There area lotof examples I could've used.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
They should just let the new girl speak with her Spanish accent, her American one is kind of off putting it's so bad at times. I kind of wish the last episode had been the first one like it was the first comic story, really sets the tone for how what Constantine does ends up requiring some hard decisions on his part and usually ends up destroying those around him.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I just watched episode 3 and 4 back to back.. can't believe he basically has psychic paper as well, lol. I don't care, but it's funny how close the similarities are. You know the only reason this got green lighted was someone's pitch to the execs was 'an occult dr. who.' and they thought about how popular dr. who is now while sitting back and sipping a brandy.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll keep watching because I like the subject matter, and Zed being easy on the eyes helps too. She gets better and better looking every time I see her I think.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The last episode got a .8 rating. This show is going to be canceled soon.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It being "Doctor Who with demons and magic and shit" is so very much what I don't like about it.

Ganthorn

N00b
I don't know why it ended up being on a major network when it is even more obscure character than the flash or green arrow. It should have just been on the CW and they could have had trifecta of straight crime fighting, super powers and magic with criss crossing back and forth. Maybe if we are lucking CW will snag it.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I don't know why it ended up being on a major network when it is even more obscure character than the flash or green arrow. It should have just been on the CW and they could have had trifecta of straight crime fighting, super powers and magic with criss crossing back and forth. Maybe if we are lucking CW will snag it.
It should have been on FX and been fucking awesomesauce from start to finish.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I'm enjoying it, seems like a good bookend for Grimm, plus it's only 4 episodes in. Just because stuff is on FX or HBO doesn't always mean better.

I don't see this on CW, he's too old!

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying it, seems like a good bookend for Grimm, plus it's only 4 episodes in. Just because stuff is on FX or HBO doesn't always mean better.

I don't see this on CW, he's too old!
Not cancelling most of their shows every season means he actually fits in pretty well with their male lineup now - he's the same age or younger as the leads from vampire diaries and supernatural ;p

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I haven't read this thread so sorry if i'm repeating, nor watched the tv show (generally don't like dc tv). Constantine for me has been great in Injustice, year 3, if you guys are liking Constantine, give it a try. You might have to read years 1 and 2 of injustice or if you're ready for a 2 sentence spoiler.
Joker kills Lois Lane who is preggers w/ Supes baby, He goes ape shit, kills Joker, and basically is ruler of the world creating order with fear. Superheroes are split w/ and against Supes, Later on He breaks Batmans Back, kills many former Superhero friends and needs more power b/c he's fighting the Green Lantern Corp that he becomes part of the Sinestro Corp, now only "Magic" can deal with Superman where everything else has failed, enter Constantine.
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three (2014-) Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If this gets cancelled on NBC we can only pray that FX picks it up, makes him a smoker again, lets him use cusses, and generally makes it a more badass show.

I still like it how it is so far, though.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just in case any missed the reference,
Corrigan is the human host for The Spectre
. so, she saw the future. dunno if that was just a one off reference, or will come back.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It bounced back some this week to1.1 with a 38% jumpin key demographics. It's not doing great, but at the same time, it's retaining a large number of Grimm's viewers and therefore isn't doing much worse. Considering how inconsistent the ratings have been (down on weeks 2 and 4, up on weeks 3 and 5), I'm doubting NBC will cancel it before they air all the episodes they have ordered.

It's also worth noting that last week's .84 rating jumped to 1.52 when the 3 day time-shifted (ie DVRs and online viewing) audiences were figured in.