Continuum

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i'm sure a lot of the characters on the show have shades of grey, but i fail to see how liber8 is a sympathetic organization when they kill indiscriminately.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Like always it's a matter of perspective. How many would you kill if you had a chance to stop Hitler ?

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_36224.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't see how liber8 isn't the obvious hero. It wasn't demonstrated that way in the first couple episodes of the show, but by the end of season one it was obvious to me that the future was basically a corporate oligarchy, of which we come to find one of the oligarchs (Sadler) is connected to bringing about its downfall.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
the show is entertaining, but it does a crappy job of explaining their motives or the impact the the "corporations" have had on society. they're basically serial killers. i'm not sure i'd call them heroes.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm only 6 episodes in, don't want to pay too much attention to this thread because of spoilers, but at this point I sure don't sympathize with L8. The future seems pretty awesome atm, so if its a corporate dictatorship, it sure seems a benevolent one. I would trust it over any government put forward by these unrepentant murderers.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i wouldn't call the future awesome, but after 19 episodes you still don't get the full scope of things. each episode pretty much involves liber8 killing someone and kiera cameron solving an unrelated murder.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
khalid_sl said:
I'm only 6 episodes in, don't want to pay too much attention to this thread because of spoilers, but at this point I sure don't sympathize with L8. The future seems pretty awesome atm, so if its a corporate dictatorship, it sure seems a benevolent one. I would trust it over any government put forward by these unrepentant murderers.
I think it takes a much darker twist in the second season. Keep in mind that you're seeing it from the perspective of Kira, who appears to have a pretty well-paying job.

its 20 episodes now on torrents from Canada.
From the posts, I suspect most people follow the Canadian schedule...

tower

It's an allegory, which is what a lot of good scifi used to be before it became an excuse to be a cop show (wait, whoops) with weird shit going on. The corporate oligarchy is fine for those who are able to fit into the system. Those who weren't or who were born outside of it? Not so much.

I do wish certain aspects were executed better. The show absolutely gets rough in parts but I still give it credit for being one of the few (only?) shows in the genre trying right now.

tower

Cliched and telegraphed killing of the love interest.

Did like what they did with Kira in the ep, though. Show is a bit frustrating. I want it to be much better than it is. Hopefully they keep expanding on Alec in S3.

Ganthorn

N00b
I'm surprised no one is talking about the latest episode. Maybe it is just because this fell off the front page.