Continuum

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
I thought it was fucking awesome, and can't wait to see how they start the next season. All sorts of shit going down.
Alec is pretty obviously poofing to go save his woman, so maybe they pick up season 3 with that, and we see THAT timeline progress, with a not-jailed Kira/everyfuckingbody. Except, we know the Kira WE have grown to care for is rotting in a cell. That feels about right for this show, emotional gut-punches for everyone!

Cybsled

Ya, I don't doubt Alec is doing the time jump to try to save his girlfriend. The fact Jason is his son wasn't expected...that's gotta suck. "Fuck, my son is insane". The Escher reveal as the father was also interesting and the fact the freelancers are trying to preserve the timeline and prevent any change

I am confused, it shows 2 episodes on august 04,2013 but yet we only saw 1?
Episode 14 the dying seconds is the name when will this be shown?

But yes all types of stuff went down, I am not sure what is what on the time lines.

So for those of us watching the torrent version from Canada there is 1 last episode right?

Cheers.

Cybsled

Always take IMDB with a grain of salt. The official site even confirms that Sunday was the season finale. Dont forget they skipped a week episode wise in Canada, so that might account for the "phantom" episode.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Always take IMDB with a grain of salt.
If i take it with a grain of salt then what is this.... Now i'm very curious. As it called it Episode 13, but none of this was in episode 13, yet the title is "The Dying Seconds" which is Episode 14??

Cybsled

It could have been cut (the scenes...not the first time). That same trailer is also showing a dead character after the most recent episode, which that trailer is a preview of.

If i take it with a grain of salt then what is this.... Now i'm very curious. As it called it Episode 13, but none of this was in episode 13, yet the title is "The Dying Seconds" which is Episode 14??
Every scene in that preview I recall from the episode I watched (future "flashbacks"; Kiera fighting with Travis w/ broken glass, etc.)

TheWikipedia pageall syncs up with what I've seen via the Canadian release on Sunday night, withSecond Timebeing the the season finale.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Ya, I don't doubt Alec is doing the time jump to try to save his girlfriend. The fact Jason is his son wasn't expected...that's gotta suck. "Fuck, my son is insane". The Escher reveal as the father was also interesting and the fact the freelancers are trying to preserve the timeline and prevent any change
I'm actually thinking Escher is him, not his father. Note the frequent leading phrases like:
.. 'to the future... OUR future'

On the only 'proof' he had - 'keep it'

.. 'Kira changed.. everything'

.. 'I was recruited when I was your age'

Plus the shit eating grin when Alex portalled into the past. He literally set up the relationship with the chick that caused Alex's timeline branch.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
I'm actually thinking Escher is him, not his father. Note the frequent leading phrases like:
.. 'to the future... OUR future'

On the only 'proof' he had - 'keep it'

.. 'Kira changed.. everything'

.. 'I was recruited when I was your age'

Plus the shit eating grin when Alex portalled into the past. He literally set up the relationship with the chick that caused Alex's timeline branch.
Wow. I didn't really buy he's his father, either. Your theory is...most intriguing, I'd buy it. How does this picture of a younger him with Alex's mom work out then, though?

Cybsled

On further review, it seems like they are going to use the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles version of time travel. Evidence we have:

1) Gardner's grandmother was killed (different than his timeline), but he didn't poof. At the time, they had lots of theories, but the last episode seems to cement the idea that the reason he exists still is because his timeline went nowhere (thus he still remembers it and his grandmother was alive), but now he is on a different timeline.

2) The Freelancers didn't seem to give a shit about Alec anymore, because they acknowledged that he wasn't a threat to their timeline. As was pointed out, this means that unless there is some independent rescue of Kira & crew, they will spend the rest of their lives in plexiglass boxes and Alec will experience/create a completely new timeline. This could also have other consequences, including Carlos not being on the run and Travis no longer being dead (due to possible alterations brought about by Alec).

3) There are also hints that the Alec future could be the result of intentional time travel debauchery. While the viewer assumes Alec's future as super CEO of doom was a given, it is possible that "timeline 0" had no Alec at all. This would explain why Freelancers were a problem even in 2077 to him. As a possible theory, timeline 0 is a timeline where a time machine device is created (lets assume it is even farther in the future). Someone starts to muck up the timeline, which requires "freelancers" or what have you to go back to correct the problem. This someone could either be Escher or someone else. However, at some point, Escher decides to create a beneficial future for himself and any potential offspring. He fathers Alec and lays the seeds for Alec to continue on "his father's work", which in actuality is tech that was developed in timeline 0 and Escher wants to ensure is created earlier (to benefit himself and family). Alec grows up to become the greatest inventor of all, ignorant to the fact that his father basically "hax0red the future" and took the credit for other people's inventions (of course, Alec is a smart cookie and was able to finish the tech). Now we know future Alec appears to acknowledge/seem aware of people like Kira, which would suggest that the 2077 timeline we experience in the show may in fact be one of perhaps hundreds of timelines where future Alec already experienced all the stuff in the "present" and is trying to preserve or perfect his timeline by ensuring certain key individuals go back in time. While 2077 Alec we see in the show cannot directly change his fate, he knows that he can create a new timeline and ensure that he accounts for the mistakes/events that resulted in his current 2077 timeline (ie, keep trying until he is able to create a "perfect" timeline).

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm just now catching up on the latest season. I know you guys have speculated a lot about who escher is, but what I wanna know is, where did we first hear about him? I just watched the episode where gardner got into her car and asked about escher, and I can't remember if we'd heard the name before. Was that the imaginary section 6 boss that alec made up for kira? That's what I thought until the end when the old partner mentioned the name. So I know he's going to be something big. I'm just trying to remember if it started last season. I figure it was either alec, kagami or gardner who first mentions him. If it that was the first time kira heard the name, then she's got a pretty good poker face.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm just now catching up on the latest season. I know you guys have speculated a lot about who escher is, but what I wanna know is, where did we first hear about him? I just watched the episode where gardner got into her car and asked about escher, and I can't remember if we'd heard the name before. Was that the imaginary section 6 boss that alec made up for kira? That's what I thought until the end when the old partner mentioned the name. So I know he's going to be something big. I'm just trying to remember if it started last season. I figure it was either alec, kagami or gardner who first mentions him. If it that was the first time kira heard the name, then she's got a pretty good poker face.
From the Wiki. Don't go there till you finish season 2. This wont spoil anything. It's from season 1.

First mentioned in "Endtimes", Jason mentioned Mr. Escher as one of the privateers, the freelancing time-travelers, that Kiera must worry about. A Mr. Escher then coincidentally vouched for Kiera's Section Six cover.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just discovered this show and now I'm totally geeking out over it.

I can't believe there's something resembling actual science fiction on TV.