Continuum

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought that was a good start to the series - angry Kira is more entertaining than morally conflicted Kira ;p

There is not a hope in hell of 'correcting' the timeline after the damage they did so far though - I wonder where they go with that.

I lol'ed - I was expecting a lot of drawn out angst - full on shooting your younger self in the face is a unique way to end the argument about whether you are doing the 'right' thing.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Why does this air like 2 weeks later in the US
frown.png

I actually like the show a fair amount, but I suppose that's just for lack of anything remotely scifi out there.

Watched online, I like the direction. I think it will normalize itself again somewhat, but I like that they are refreshing the story somewhat.

Just started back on SyFY 1st episode, In Canada if you watch on the net on torrent its on Episode 4.
I already watched up to Episode 4 from Canada on torrent but for those that have not seen them I wont Spoil it.
I really dig this show.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
First episode left me confused. Am I remembering wrong, or are they suddenly using a completely different version of time theory? Up until now, it seemed like everything was set in stone in this universe, that nothing they did could effect the time continuum and everything would always happen exactly as they were supposed to. In this first episode of season 3, it looks like they just threw that out the window. Now the time you knew might not exist at all.

Cybsled

Season 2 indicated they were using the multiple, but preserved, timeline theory. Now it seems they are doing that, but the timeline gets "destroyed" if shit gets changed (but people can still escape that fucked timeline via time traveling back).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Their time travel logic is a bit weak at times, but basically, the previous timeline fell apart when Alec Sadler removed himself from it, since he's such a huge part of making that future a reality. The only way I can figure to explain the "falling apart" instead of creating a new timeline is because without Sadler in the future, no one was sent back 1000 years or whatever it was to start the Freelancers, and that created a paradox in the timeline before "present day".

velk

Trakanon Raider
Their time travel logic is a bit weak at times, but basically, the previous timeline fell apart when Alec Sadler removed himself from it, since he's such a huge part of making that future a reality. The only way I can figure to explain the "falling apart" instead of creating a new timeline is because without Sadler in the future, no one was sent back 1000 years or whatever it was to start the Freelancers, and that created a paradox in the timeline before "present day".
Easier than that I think - the time 'loop' collapsed when the original Alec didn't go back to save Emily.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't like how in the first few seasons the future government was only hinted at being Orwellian so you could accept that the main character was a good guy. But in season 3 its almost comical how bad they make the government and it makes her look stupid for "believing in the system" or whatever shit she says in her flashbacks.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, the flashbacks feel like a lot of retcon to me. Especially since she comes into contact with every member of the liber8 group, that she only seemed to know by reputation before.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh, you need to watch the first season again. The future government was always presented as pretty sinister, if not totally fucking evil. However, I think the future got even worse when Sadler was changed by his experiences in the present, I don't think its a retcon so much as an intentional shift in tone.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The retconning I was referring to was about Kiera and the liber8 members having met before. The other shit was from the guy who posted above me.

And the flashbacks, are from the main Kiera's memories. Which are from the original timeline. If they aren't, they'd need to let us know that. But it would make for some weird paradoxical shit.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
First season was subtle, this one beats you over the head with it. At first I thought that it was a new darker timeline but, as Raes says, that's the Kiera from the original timeline so that don't make sense.

Still enjoy the show however

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I always thought the future government was sinistar. I wouldn't be surprised if I said something about not knowing who I was supposed to root for somewhere on this board.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The popular 80's arcade game Sinistar runs the government in the future? That dude really gets around!
tongue.png

Edit: And you're absolutely right. You did say that.

Anyone else watching this? I didn't see a thread about it. I've only seen 4 or 5 and have the rest recorded, but I kinda like it. Only problem is, I'm not sure who's side we're supposed to be on. I find myself much more sympathatic to the liberate people, especially now that the leader dude has shown up and wants to go non violent. But I can't tell if that's because they're writing it that way, or if I just can't look past how fucked up the future is.