Continuum

Soriak_sl

shitlord
There was the episode with the enslaved factory workers... was that season 1? I thought it became rather obvious around then. Now, it's just interesting to see how few things it takes to shift our present to that future... private firms contracting with mercenaries, for example, isn't exactly sci-fi. The difference is that they act in Canada vs. somewhere in Africa. Privately funded police force? Nothing new. Restrictions on the right to assembly? Long since there already.

That's what makes the show good, I think: none of the steps in the present are particularly outrageous or unbelievable. As the police chief said: it's now terrorism, so nobody cares about the guy's civil rights.

Another solid episode I don't want to give away spoliers cause I am watching. the Canada version via torrent which just had episode 9 on, which is few episodes ahead of syfy channel so don't want to give anything away.

There are a lot of angles happening in the show now, really looking forward to the rest of this season and next year.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the writers of this show got lost on the way to plot class. It felt like they spent most of the season swapping roles and spending too much time reestablishing relationships. Also, The guy playing Alec has kicked it up a notch and brought an even bigger douche bag to TV than his Dale in Jericho.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Can someone explain the plot of this series in 6 words or less for me? The name Continuum gets my dick hard but the word Syfy gets it soft super quick.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the theme in seven words could be: "An exploration of corporate governance and terrorism." However the plot comes out as: "Time traveling cop and angsty teen try to save the multiverse." Eleven words, I've failed.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Can someone explain the plot of this series in 6 words or less for me? The name Continuum gets my dick hard but the word Syfy gets it soft super quick.
It has nothing to do with SyFy, it's a canadian show, SyFy just bought the US rights for it.

6 words of less won't work given it's kind of complicated - basic premise is time travelling terrorists attempting to prevent a totalitarian future ruled by mega-corporations. Or a 6 worder "fucking with timeline has unforeseen consequences".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How many times has that shitty asian guy died and come back to life now? Absolutely none of those Freelancer characters are interesting.

Cybsled

At least she isn't QQing about her kid/husband as often anymore ;P

But Continuum appears to be using the Sarah Connor Chronicles version of time travel more or less: Changes cause future changes, but don't erase previous timelines (you just can't access them anymore after the point of change).

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I was gonna add linear story Arc but I decided that I don't give a fuck.