Continuum

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
The T:TSCC version of time travel was essentially that the act of going back in time and changing anything created a new timeline, but did not destroy the old one. Essentially, time line A has a guy go back to 3/20/2013 and assassinate a person who will grow up to become an infamous terrorist. A new time line (time line B) is then created from that moment and essentially from the point of the change, the timeline skips the original time line A that would have happened after that change and goes to this new time line B. Think train tracks switching...the train track before the switch is the same, but after the switch you get placed on a new track. The other track that you normally would have been able to travel on isn't destroyed, but you can no longer access it after the point of the change. Essentially, this creates an almost infinite amount of possible time lines, but only the time travel/people who are on that time line will experience the change. This is also why things like a grandfather paradox would not apply or any other changes that would normally impact the time traveler themselves.

Now Continuum has shown that older Alec has memories of all the stuff going on during the show and sends everyone back as part of a plan. This normally creates a paradox: Alec creates a time machine to send people back in time, because when he was younger he met people that his older self had sent back in time, thus he knows that when he gets older, he will have to do this. Now they could potentially use the T:TSCC model, but this implies that someone already sent (at bare minimum) Kira back in time previously, which inspired older Alec to hatch this plan. Terminator sort of has the same "what is the origin time travel?" issue, where we never truly know what "time line zero" was. For all we know, the time line currently being experienced is the culmination of hundreds of previous time line alterations.
Older Alex is Smoking man for X-files lol.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
not sure what to feel about it but

So, it looks like future alec wants to change the past--not set things in motion to make it what it is in the future.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ya, that's why in my earlier post I called him CSM ;P
I barely remember most of X files, but I thought he was called the marlboro man. Maybe that's just what my family called him.

What does CSM mean? Looks kinda like CSR, but something tells me Crack Smoking Retard is not what you were going for.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I always heard it as the Smoking Man.

I caught the premiere episode of this season and I wasn't blown away by it. I didn't hate it, but I'm hopeful that it picks back up and gets a little more interesting like last season.

No clue why young dude isn't watching her bathe and shit though. That's what I'd be doing with all that fucking technology!

Lusiphur

Peasant
The government agent is Kraicjek from the X-Files too. Bit much for it to be a coincidence I suppose.

revkip_sl

shitlord
Nice show, season 2 just premiered but not shown in the US yet. Snatched my copy from Eztv.

They have all of the first season too, in case anyone wants to get caught up with the storyline or just looking for something new AND decent to watch.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone else watching this? As far as SciFi on TV goes it's slim pickings these days and this is about as good as it gets.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm watching, and enjoying it for the most part. It doesn't necessarily blow me away, but it is substantially better than stuff like Defiance, which I have to force myself to watch most weeks.

Cybsled

I didn't even realize this was back on Syfy, but they aren't putting up the episodes on OnDemand so I can go back and watch it ;/

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm watching, and enjoying it for the most part. It doesn't necessarily blow me away, but it is substantially better than stuff like Defiance, which I have to force myself to watch most weeks.
Bingo. Defiance is awful. This is at least watchable. It's not a show I'd tell people they're missing out on but it's good enough to at least keep me tuning in every week.

^Luckily the show isn't bankrolled by that joke of a channel. It's from ShowCase in Canada and just got renewed for a third season.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is a fun show, although I have to offer a double facepalm to her recent efforts at convincing her partner.

You are a cyborg wearing nanotech bodyarmor that can confer invisibility and have several self assembling weapons, and the best effort you can make to convince someone you are a time traveler is to desperately yell 'you have to trust me !' ??

The writers were working pretty hard for a scene where he could fail to believe her and not look like a total dumbass.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The writing for this show is so bad. The complaint in velk's spoiler happens ALL the time. I'm always like, "but what about?", and they don't go there. How can you not go there? Shit is glaringly obvious. But apparently not at all.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I mainly watch this show cause I think the main actress is hot and it's Sci-Fi. That being said, it ain't that great. Very little science fiction, since it takes place mostly in present day, and as others have pointed out, there's some pretty lame writing and plot holes. My personal fave being that the whole premise is for her to stop Liberate from changing anything, then get herself home. Problem is she's constantly trying to stop things that aresupposedto happen. Dumb.