Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
All jokes aside, who here is signing up for the first round of "safe" vaccines for themselves or their families? And if not how long would you wait until you were comfortable?

I'm 40 my wife is 38, our children's average age is 6. Family would be considered in the very healthy range. I ask you my fellow RNG nerds, do I roll my dice on the Corona chan or hole up until there a vaccine that rewards out ways the risks?
The answer depends on long term safety data for the vaccine(s), but the risk of actually dying from <insert vaccine here> is basically guaranteed to be lower than the disease itself.

Even as a huge advocate of vaccines myself, it's fair to say that without years of follow up, there is some risk that's unfortunately impossible to quantify. That risk is most likely zero, but there's *some* chance of neurological / immunological complications that either weren't discovered in Ph3 testing, or take years to manifest.

The EBOLA vaccine, which is probably the closest comparison to a "rushed" vaccine (though still nowhere near what we're seeing here) is by all accounts very safe. There's also a MERS nucleic acid vaccine candidate (next-gen tech, likely safer than traditional tech) in Ph2 human trials showing great immune responses and no safety issues, and that's probably the closest comparison we can get to a potential SARS-CoV2 vaccine preview.

And keep in mind that the FDA is absolutely paranoid about safety when it comes to vaccines since the worst thing you could do is dose millions of healthy people with something harmful.

I would get the vaccine once approved, if not only to protect myself and my wife/kids, but to help protect all the sick and elderly people I will directly or indirectly contact. So looking outside of my own self-interest, I think it's a very simple choice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Nope. My buds job did this. They had 5/10/20% cuts depending on your salary. They then said this could be offset with bonuses depending on how well they do in their 4th quarter. If things continue to slide they will up percentage cuts or offer packages. Seems more than reasonable.

Luckily I work in IT for a mental health provider. Hell they gave me a raise.

Yeah, I'm in IT as well and there are some rumors of a possible salary reduction for the company. I'm friends with the VP of tech so I asked for a heads up if that's coming. My inbox is being tagged all the time, I'm sure as fuck not taking a reduction.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
The answer depends on long term safety data for the vaccine(s), but the risk of actually dying from <insert vaccine here> is basically guaranteed to be lower than the disease itself.

Even as a huge advocate of vaccines myself, it's fair to say that without years of follow up, there is some risk that's unfortunately impossible to quantify. That risk is most likely zero, but there's *some* chance of neurological / immunological complications that either weren't discovered in Ph3 testing, or take years to manifest.

The EBOLA vaccine, which is probably the closest comparison to a "rushed" vaccine (though still nowhere near what we're seeing here) is by all accounts very safe. There's also a MERS nucleic acid vaccine candidate (next-gen tech, likely safer than traditional tech) in Ph2 human trials showing great immune responses and no safety issues, and that's probably the closest comparison we can get to a potential SARS-CoV2 vaccine preview.

And keep in mind that the FDA is absolutely paranoid about safety when it comes to vaccines since the worst thing you could do is dose millions of healthy people with something harmful.

I would get the vaccine once approved, if not only to protect myself and my wife/kids, but to help protect all the sick and elderly people I will directly or indirectly contact. So looking outside of my own self-interest, I think it's a very simple choice.

Maybe look at the company responsible for it, too. If it's coming from Teva (think they only handle generics, thankfully), stay the fuck away.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also as of last week 807 people had died this year in Florida to car accidents. 460 to Covid.
What's your point? We already knew traffic accidents were one of the biggest killers of human beings.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All jokes aside, who here is signing up for the first round of "safe" vaccines for themselves or their families? And if not how long would you wait until you were comfortable?

I'm 40 my wife is 38, our children's average age is 6. Family would be considered in the very healthy range. I ask you my fellow RNG nerds, do I roll my dice on the Corona chan or hole up until there a vaccine that rewards out ways the risks?
They put all the autism in the first round of vaccines. It is known.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This. There are good arguments that the FDA is too risk averse, if anything.

If the FDA approved it, its almost certainly safe, along with a bunch of others that didn't quite make the cut but are also safe enough. Worrying about vaccine risks is right up there with claims that nutrasweet kills.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
They put all the autism in the first round of vaccines. It is known.

My family and I will not be getting vaccinated for the Wuhbanic plague anytime soon. We live in one of the few non lockeddown states left. We have moved on, we will see any friends and family that are comfortable and respect those who arent. We have had a few people over for outside beers the last 3 weekends while following guidelines.

Our local community is just under 1 million and our largest hospital group furloughed 60% of the staff. The curve has been flattened, the end of the world this is not.

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My family and I will not be getting vaccinated for the Wuhbanic plague anytime soon. We live in one of the few non lockeddown states left. We have moved on, we will see any friends and family that are comfortable and respect those who arent. We have had a few people over for outside beers the last 3 weekends while following guidelines.

Our local community is just under 1 million and our largest hospital group furloughed 60% of the staff. The curve has been flattened, the end of the world this is not.

F

• 1Like

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Remdesivir clinical trial data was leaked by accident. I am no fan of Adam Feuerstein, but this looks legit. Was quickly taken down from the WHO site but here's a screenshot:

RemdesivirScreen-1024x531.jpg

Appears to have no effect, but enrollment was terminated early so this analysis won't have the statistical power it was designed for.

The main takeaway is that it doesn't look like remdesivir worked as a treatment under the conditions tested in this clinical study in China.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remdesivir clinical trial data was leaked by accident. I am no fan of Adam Feuerstein, but this looks legit. Was quickly taken down from the WHO site but here's a screenshot:

RemdesivirScreen-1024x531.jpg

Appears to have no effect, but enrollment was terminated early so this analysis won't have the statistical power it was designed for.

The main takeaway is that it doesn't look like remdesivir worked as a treatment under the conditions tested in this clinical study in China.
I trust data from China.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Capture.JPG

Chart from the study discussed in the briefing showing vulnerability to temp, hum and sunlight

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

What a very strange view. Good luck

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
What a very strange view. Good luck

There's nothing strange about not trusting the medical community after this complete and total shitshow.

Hospitals are overwhelmed but empty, every death is a Covid death, we need a vaccine before we reopen the world.

It's bullshit of the highest order if you're even REMOTELY paying attention.

• 6Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users