Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We just put out a "hiring" ad as new business is actually outpacing what we normally do this time of year. With so many people home, the demand for new pools, renovations, and weekly service has skyrocketed. Previously have had to hire a lot of shit tier candidates due to the roaring economy, usually go through 3 guys before finding one that sticks. Now we can be a little more discriminate, also weeds out the losers that would rather spend the summer getting juicy unemployment than working. Just need a decent driving record, be in ok shape, and not look like someone that's going to scare the kids. Everyone gets a work truck to take home and my guys all make $850 - $1000/wk. They're all in their mid 20's, basic high school grads. It's not all doom and gloom out there.

I forgot what you do. You run a giggilo service of some sort?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I stop in at CVS to pick up something this morning. They have an armed security guard at the entrance as I walk in.
Guard : I'm sorry, you have to wear a mask to enter. Its the law.
Me : No. Laws are created by the Legislature. They passed no such law. This is an executive order by the governor. Its also unconstitutional.
Guard : <blink, blink>. Uhh. Umm. Do you have a mask?
Me : No.
Pause.
Me : What aisle are the vitamins in?
Guard : Uhhh. I dont know you have to ask someone.
Me : OK. Thanks.

I walk away and get my vitamins. If he had said "company policy is mask or no service" I would have had to bail. Luckily he tried to sound all official. Fuck him and fuck Cuomo.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Giving some $15 an hour security guard who is probably pissed this is what he has to do with his day a hard time just so you can post about it later on the internet?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Giving some $15 an hour security guard who is probably pissed this is what he has to do with his day a hard time just so you can post about it later on the internet?
Or maybe he just wanted to buy some vitamins and didn't have a mask on hand? Shitty position to be in for everyone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No. I feel the EO violates my rights as I am not sick.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So I stop in at CVS to pick up something this morning. They have an armed security guard at the entrance as I walk in.
Me : No. Laws are created by the Legislature. They passed no such law. This is an executive order by the governor. Its also unconstitutional.
Pause.

And then everyone in the store stood and clapped, right?

You're no Marlo taking it out on a rent-a-cop, that's for sure.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Khane

I already took the conversation to the other thread in that regard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pause.

I walk away and get my vitamins. If he had said "company policy is mask or no service" I would have had to bail. Luckily he tried to sound all official. Fuck him and fuck Cuomo.

Where the fuck do you live that your local CVS has an ARMED security guard?

Khane

Good thing I have a kevlar face mask. Checkmate CVS!

• 2Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pause.

Did the cop have a face mask?
Most of the people I've seen wearing face masks are unintelligble. If someone tried to talk to me out of the blue, I probably thought they were singing to themselves and ignored them.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did the cop have a face mask?
Most of the people I've seen wearing face masks are unintelligble. If someone tried to talk to me out of the blue, I probably thought they were singing to themselves and ignored them.
Yeah he had one of the cheap dental hygienist looking masks.

iannis

Musty Nester
Different states in the U.S. may as well be entirely different countries. Your view on this pandemic will be wildly different depending on where you live.

CT is an interesting state in regards to this. We have the third highest per capita death rate in the country at the moment, behind NY and NJ. Most of our cases, unsurprisingly, are in Fairfield county which is closest to NYC and has a lot of people who commute back and forth to NYC for work. Then we have some pockets in New Haven and Hartford in poorer areas.

The people who live in those pockets are very concerned, everyone else in CT probably can't even tell it's bad at all here.

Yeah, there are large regional differences. The populations are different, the traffic patterns are different, the way people congregate are even different. And importantly, the medical facilities are different.

It's why a global strategy isn't the most effective. It's a localized problem that requires localized solutions.

I do not blame New York or LA for shutting down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user