Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We have our own crew of people running out to get ammo, Hoss Hoss Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes Bandwagon Bandwagon are you millennials or gen z?

I don't know where you got that idea about me. I don't buy shit when it gets expensive. But I am going out nearly every day. Grocery store, shooting range, gun store, restaurant to pick up some food. I just put a couple of guns on consignment at a new nearby store that I hadn't even heard of till yesterday. I'm otherwise working from home. Next week I'm supposed to travel to a jobsite. It'll be about a 10 hour drive. My company just gave me a letter stating I work in a critical industry in case local yokels try to harass me. Next month I'm flying overseas.

I'm gen x. My daughter is a petrified millenial. Won't step foot outside the house. My wife's mom is isolating herself. She lives alone so her kids are grocery shopping for her and she drives by our houses and picks the stuff up from the driveway. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make but it was probably wrong.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How can the CDC be reporting 0 recovered cases in NY state. There is no way that shit is accurate. They have had people on the news being interviewed who recovered.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
More infected with it at Dow Chemical and Turner industries says their employee was the one at Exxon. This may spread more in the plants and that what will they do, no idea. Enough missing contractors it becomes even harder to shut down stuff. Turner being the biggest contracter.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was happy to hear the local power plant brought in a quarantine workforce that is staying on site for 30 days and getting paid 24/7.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
How can the CDC be reporting 0 recovered cases in NY state. There is no way that shit is accurate. They have had people on the news being interviewed who recovered.

Does the CDC even report recovered cases? I just see reported cases and deaths on their site.

Those other trackers scrape data from various random sources and the nuanced stuff like hospitalizations and recoveries isn't worth the electrons they're written with.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good thing it's just the mom and pops who are going to be going bankrupt by shutting our economy down.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Good thing it's just the mom and pops who are going to be going bankrupt by shutting our economy down.

it's no so much rent, as it's a lease, in this instance they should repo the place
source.gif

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Wife's school shut down until 4/24, her district wants her to use Google classroom to teach 23 kindergarteners, more than half are on free and reduced lunch and several of which dont have internet. One I know lives in a double wide with 4 siblings, one more on the way and no heat

She's supposed to constantly be posting stuff, people print out and somehow send to to grade. Last thing parents want to when working from home or just trying to work to feed their kids is worry about homework

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
So I want to recommend this video but I'm not sure how to.

This is a married couple. They are both evolutionary biologists. The man became famous during the Evergreen Incident. The woman is the only public figure I have ever heard, ever, who has used the word 'gamete' in a public discussion. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of both of these people.

This video contains a lot of serious straight-talk and be you a fascist or a communist or neither, I sincerely recommend giving this a listen. It's not political in any way and is just straight up biology.

The main thing I learned is that there are two tests for COVID. One test tests to see if you have the active virus inside you right this second. The other test tests to see if you have the COVID antibodies in you at any given time.

Heather says that she believes that possibly half of the UK is already infected... and that this might actually be a GOOD thing for all of us if it is true. I won't try to do her explanation justice here right now but I truly recommend this video to anyone with an IQ greater than room temperature and who is not offended by the concept of evolution.

• 5Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord