Cyberpunk 2077

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But how do you DLC a game where you killed the main character off by the end? So frustrating.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
But how do you DLC a game where you killed the main character off by the end? So frustrating.
Didn't stop this mad lad! :D

image_2021-08-25_074300.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played for ~45 minutes last night. Game sure is pretty. I can max out a lot of settings but have to have DLSS on for it to run well (on a 3070) but it’s still gorgeous. World is pretty immersive so far. The corpo starting decision seems like it’s already done and I’m into the default gameplay already. Kind of funny they allowed for a background story that is all of 20 minutes of the game lol.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played for ~45 minutes last night. Game sure is pretty. I can max out a lot of settings but have to have DLSS on for it to run well (on a 3070) but it’s still gorgeous. World is pretty immersive so far. The corpo starting decision seems like it’s already done and I’m into the default gameplay already. Kind of funny they allowed for a background story that is all of 20 minutes of the game lol.

The character background story arches pretty much dry up once you do the initial rescue mission.

Beyond that in certain interactions you get to choose some "Nomad/Streetkid/Corp" flavour text which has little, if any, bearing on the game.

If it hasn't happened yet they really need to introduce the option to turn off headgear. Spend a chunk of time sorting character appearance only for most of their head/face to be obscured by a fucking ugly piece of headgear.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The character background story arches pretty much dry up once you do the initial rescue mission.

Beyond that in certain interactions you get to choose some "Nomad/Streetkid/Corp" flavour text which has little, if any, bearing on the game.

If it hasn't happened yet they really need to introduce the option to turn off headgear. Spend a chunk of time sorting character appearance only for most of their head/face to be obscured by a fucking ugly piece of headgear.
From what I saw in the past they need to allow appearance options for every slot. The character shots I saw always looked god awful.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
In any world why does clothing impart stats at all? It’s a video game bro.
I never played the tabletop game, I should have clarified my question.

Is there a reason clothes impart bonuses rather than modules or something we should be sticking into our cyber prosthesis's?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Smart clothes with tech augments. Even IRL, wearable tech is a thing

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you really want to think of it realistically - just imagine that replacing your legs for run speed costs 350k USD. Where as just buying biosynthetic weave pants at that point in the future, achieves a similar effect at a fraction of the price.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why don't the pants also cost that much? And if they're loose fitting and rotate a degree suddenly my knee no longer knees ever again and is ground beef.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Why don't the pants also cost that much? And if they're loose fitting and rotate a degree suddenly my knee no longer knees ever again and is ground beef.
lol at this conversation. I would give you some solid examples, but Im not sure if you're trolling us or not. Biosynthetics and Prosthetics have deep fields and are around right this second. Biosynthetics can be pirated, or have generic compounds etc. that are far cheaper than your high end prosthetics. Not that night city is a reality or anything.. anyways...

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Biosynthetics is just a fancy word for a clothing material though, it doesn't do anything special on its own, it's just an alternative to polymer or cotton, etc.

Not trolling, I just don't see how clothing is going to augment me more than basic kinetic or electronic protection. Having it act like a powered exo suit seems ridiculous.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Biosynthetics is just a fancy word for a clothing material though, it doesn't do anything special on its own, it's just an alternative to polymer or cotton, etc.

Not trolling, I just don't see how clothing is going to augment me more than basic kinetic or electronic protection. Having it act like a powered exo suit seems ridiculous.
Why not? Its the future, clothes made out of synthetics and smart metals that enhance your strength, agility..etc...

Daidraco

Seismic clothing is available for a manageable 100-4000 USD. A single high end prosthetic leg that has limited functions is over 100k USD. Both available NOW. Its not hard -to imagine that in 50 years, both will have progressed dramatically in R&D for their capabilities. In 2021, we're already struggling with the demand of computer components. Looking at Night City - its not hard to imagine that that demand for components is higher than ever in regards to high tech modules and/or prosthetics. Im not saying you're being obtuse, but this stuff is far more believable than a huge chunk of other science fiction shit out there.

spronk

FPS noob
next gen patch will come Q1 2022. Witcher 3 next gen patch will come Q2 2022. Both free for existing users.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users