Dark Matter

Goatface

DARK MATTER
Season 3 premieres two episodes back-to-back Friday, June 9 at 8/7c
(then single episodes air weekly on Fridays at 9/8c)

13 episode season

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
For me it is clearly Dark Matter. I tried to get into Killjoys and just couldn't. May try again this season.

Siliconemelons

Ahh S3 is going? good... I enjoyed S2 but the clear lulz lets make an ending that is SOOO AWESOME CLIFFHANGER THEY ALL MUST HAVE DIED RIGHT! HAHAHA was stupid... because the explanation is not going to be good, it will just be a device to get us to episode 2.

Goatface

i don't think Killjoys will be around much longer, ratings are not that great and Hannah John-Kamen is getting popular.
also really don't hear much of anything from Killjoys team, while Mallozzi seems not to be able to stop giving stuff away about DM.

btw, the Dark Matter after show, After Dark, will be on Syfy International TV channels following the show and then available online.
Mallozzi only talked about it being for the 1st three shows while one of the press releases says it will be every week.

Siliconemelons

Cant help but think that this series would have actually been "better" if it was uncensored. They should film it either uncensored and then cut/blur and sell uncut blurays - or do dual scenes for the blueray. And I do not mean gratuitous T&A and lulz spartacus violence - but I feel it would have allowed it to then progress into a more real "space grit" feel.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I actually like Killjoys a bit more, but really SyFy the last couple of years has been an embarrassment of riches.

One wonders what they might have been had they not had those dark years between Sci-Fi Friday's heyday and now.

Oldbased

> Than U
i don't think Killjoys will be around much longer, ratings are not that great and Hannah John-Kamen is getting popular.
also really don't hear much of anything from Killjoys team, while Mallozzi seems not to be able to stop giving stuff away about DM.

btw, the Dark Matter after show, After Dark, will be on Syfy International TV channels following the show and then available online.
Mallozzi only talked about it being for the 1st three shows while one of the press releases says it will be every week.
Really? I know it sounds stupid but often times I got to where I enjoyed Talking Dead more than The Walking Dead haha. Then I found out Chris Hardwick was a flaming SJW with his Talking with show he did. I was sad. Like come on man we don't watch entertainment to see that crap.

Ugg no After Dark on Direct TV Syfy. Online you say. I'm in!

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like both shows, but I lean towards enjoying Killjoys a bit more and it's mostly due to how much more solid the world building has been. There's a lot of backstory setup on the Quad, with the ruling families, politics, etc and now the whole mystery deal with the Rack from season 2.

I do think Dark Matter has a better mix of character personalities on the crew, and I could totally lived without the addition of D'avin(Johns brother), don't find him compelling at all really.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I like both shows. I lean toward Dark Matter only because I like the cast dynamics and character interaction more than Killjoys.

Oldbased

> Than U
Going to watch this later but the lack of comments for a 2 hour season premier disappoints me. Now I fear I will be disappointed.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Started to watch it and realized i didn't remember much from the end of last season. Rewatching the last few eps before hitting this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Going to watch this later but the lack of comments for a 2 hour season premier disappoints me. Now I fear I will be disappointed.

Was fine. Nothing "omfg" and basically sets the stage. Three had some nice "I'm sick of this shit" moments where he shoots the problem lol

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Something seemed off in s3 e1.. The lighting maybe? the production value just looked bad for some reason, is there a new director or key grip or some shit? Was very distracting and I couldn't make it through the episode.

Siliconemelons

Only 1/2 way through S3 E1 but - it kind of had no point being a season finally and then this - it was all just another episode and its follow up - they do not show or really look into any escape from the station - and the clifhanger showing of the entire station exploding was just a red herring with this one explaining that it didnt go from 0-ALL BOOM as fast as it was initially shown

Other than that, it seems good- in the sense it did not skip a beat and continued on like there was no gap.

Oldbased

> Than U
Only 1/2 way through S3 E1 but - it kind of had no point being a season finally and then this - it was all just another episode and its follow up - they do not show or really look into any escape from the station - and the clifhanger showing of the entire station exploding was just a red herring with this one explaining that it didnt go from 0-ALL BOOM as fast as it was initially shown

Other than that, it seems good- in the sense it did not skip a beat and continued on like there was no gap.
I watched it twice. Both episodes. Well, I sort of did. I fell asleep about 10x between the 2 days. I just wasn't digging it. Story seemed off and a bit slow and acting felt phoned in mostly which let's be fair here. The acting isn't exactly awesome to begin with but I still love the show and hope they paired 2 episodes together because they agree.