Daybreak making new online RPG on UE4.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't even play BR games. It's pretty common knowledge for anyone that follows gaming news. There was tons of talk about it when PUBG took off (PlayerUnknown is the person in question)

Yep, we not only give you the obscure facts but make you feel like a retard for not knowing it all along

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It wasn't the first BR. The current iteration of the BR genre was started as an ARMA mod by the guy they later hired to do the H1Z1 one, and then he went on to make PUBG

Sure, but comparing some dudes solo Arma mod versus a million dollar gaming company should of been a no brainer.

Pubg standalone should of never existed if daybreak didn't royally fuck up everything.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sure, but comparing some dudes solo Arma mod versus a million dollar gaming company should of been a no brainer.

Pubg standalone should of never existed if daybreak didn't royally fuck up everything.

I wasn't comparing anything, just clarifying that it wasn't the first. And while it may have just been a mod to start with, the biggest genre in gaming atm came from that mod and that dude. Certainly the first modern commercial BR that I know of though. I give them credit for seeing the potential before other industry players did.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They might be announcing this in a few mins?: New Game Announcement - Thursday, December 13 @ 10AM PST

abort, its planetside BR ResidentSleeper

Last edited:

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
EA70CF09-A2E0-43DF-92F9-0654040C7ACB.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the butthurt coming from the PS2 fans is the best. They are officially ditching Planetside 2.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't even understand that mindset, they don't even have to play it....Bunch of whiny cunts.

How does it look though? I can't see it at work.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
At some point people need to stop supporting DBG for their stupidity. They may never learn their lesson but I say this about any and all studios that continue to make ignorant decisions. How in the world does DBG not understand that BR's are completely over saturated at this point and it's Fortnite's world. Make the next big thing that no one has thought of yet or give your fans what they want which I feel is the next installment to their only IP worth talking about, Everquest.

I get it. This is probably a billion times easier to make, maintain, and support compared to a MMORPG but this is too little, too late and i'm not sure if people would have cared either way.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I instantly remembered why i was banned from talking in their twitch channel, bunch of disconnected clowns lol

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't get it though, Planetside is such an amazing franchise and was relatively popular on steam when they were supporting it. Then when Daybreak bought them and fired everybody and they stopped supporting the game, people stopped playing and they were surprised about it lmao.

Guarantee you a PS3 would last much longer than a BR, and make far more money for that matter.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They can’t even bother to keep it region locked. That is a huge factor with my team. After being killed for the 1000th time by someone lagging all over your screen from Asia ....dat rage.

• 1Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone think that this is a good idea? Did they just start this project when it wasn't a completely retarded idea then take to long to finish it?

Where is the upside here?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It’s bcause they’re a bad company. They make bad decisions.

Chances are they started this when PUBG got some traction for a small cash grab and because they’re a bad company they didn’t have a product they could present until Fortnite completely took over the game and every single other company already had a BR mode.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Chances are they started this when PUBG got some traction for a small cash grab and because they’re a bad company they didn’t have a product they could present until Fortnite completely took over the game and every single other company already had a BR mode.

And just like that hilarious VR gimmick last year (lol Sony vr), outside of Fortnite , BR is losing interest. What a dumb decision.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Chances are they started this when PUBG got some traction for a small cash grab

Real chances are they developed this in less than 2 months because making a battle royale mode for a game that was pretty much battle royale anyway was fairly simple and didn't cost a lot to make.

• 1Seriously?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Planetside 2 is not Battle Royale and it never was, its Territory control (conquest) on a grand scale.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And just like that hilarious VR gimmick last year (lol Sony vr), outside of Fortnite , BR is losing interest. What a dumb decision.

Not to mention they already had a BR game, H1Z1, or whatever mode of H1Z1 that was, even before the shit took off. And is now failing hard because of the more popular BR games on the market.