DC Universe Animated Movies

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Young Justice Season 2 has been added to Netflix. Haven't seen it myself but kids and I enjoyed season 1.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Batman Bad blood was not very good.

It was kinda of neat to see Dick as Batman with Damien Robin, but the story was just a bunch of recycled shit we have seen a bunch of times. Batwoman is also pretty boring.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Flashpoint clip....them feels.

Batman-gift-from-Flash.gif

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so Justice League vs Teen Titans is ... well its disappointing. Its filled with bits of awesome and then 10 minute interludes of WTF. I love a lot of it but i swear its schizophrenic as hell. The carnival montage???? what did i just watch. Just more wasted opportunity.

Column_sl

shitlord
Sounds like every DC movie they have put out since Flashpoint.

Ever Since that new guy took over a couple years ago he has really tanked the ship

dechire

Sounds like every DC movie they have put out since Flashpoint.

Ever Since that new guy took over a couple years ago he has really tanked the ship
I've liked a few since Flashpoint but I'm probably more forgiving than you. This one stands out for me because the shift in tone is extreme, the carnival scene to be precise just rolls in with a bag of "WTF did i just watch".

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there was a shift in animation style and voice actors. i watched part of Son of Batman and Justice League War and i just cannot deal with how everyone looks and sounds.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I think the only one I've liked since Flashpoint has been Assault on Arkham.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I liked this okay, but it is still jarring to have this "New 52" animated style when we were so used to the Timmverse for decades. The mid credits teaser had me freaking the fuck out though.

dechire

I liked this okay, but it is still jarring to have this "New 52" animated style when we were so used to the Timmverse for decades. The mid credits teaser had me freaking the fuck out though.
holy shit! I turned it off before that came up. Id be a lot happier with it if they had maintained a more serious tone with the carnival scene and less "manga" powerup.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm not that well versed in DC/TT. Who is that supposed to be in the mid-credit?

Caliane

I'm not that well versed in DC/TT. Who is that supposed to be in the mid-credit?
havent seen yet. but googled.. this?
As said, its Terra #1. which would be completely retarded. Terra #1-3 is one of those utterly retarded storylines, which has been retconned 30 fucking times, to try and have it make sense. She is the Doomsday of Teen Titans. Eventually totally replaced with a current and active Terra who is not related, and well liked.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
havent seen yet. but googled.. this?
As said, its Terra #1. which would be completely retarded. Terra #1-3 is one of those utterly retarded storylines, which has been retconned 30 fucking times, to try and have it make sense. She is the Doomsday of Teen Titans. Eventually totally replaced with a current and active Terra who is not related, and well liked.
Terra #1 as in Terra from "The Judas Contract" story line or some other reincarnation of Terra? Why would Terra #1 from "The Judas Contract" be retarded? That's probably the best story line from The New Teen Titans comic back in the 80's when they rivaled the Uncanny X-Men in popularity.

Caliane

Terra #1 as in Terra from "The Judas Contract" story line or some other reincarnation of Terra? Why would Terra #1 from "The Judas Contract" be retarded? That's probably the best story line from The New Teen Titans comic back in the 80's when they rivaled the Uncanny X-Men in popularity.
i dont know. maybe its the 15yr old, have sex with 40something Deathstroke, going crazy and dieing, which has become a running joke... If it was JUST, Terra joining the team and betraying them. would be great. But its not, and the result is a trainwreck. which keeps being repeated, cause its so dumb, and writers feel they must reference it. it IS exactly like Death of superman. using popularity/sales is not a great excuse, nor notoriety. Doomsday is a shit character, who should never be brought up again.. Another example more modern. Xorn from X-men. started great. but the utter trainwreck of where that story went leaves the character irredeemable.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought I knew a lot about comics but I've never heard of Terra, I never cared much for Teen Titans though. This was maybe my least favorite of the animated movies, the quality it just terrible now. Hopefully the Killing joke or a young justice revival can turn it around

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought I knew a lot about comics but I've never heard of Terra, I never cared much for Teen Titans though. This was maybe my least favorite of the animated movies, the quality it just terrible now. Hopefully the Killing joke or a young justice revival can turn it around
Terra was a short lived character, brought back a few times but never really established. I never understood why they tried to bring her back at times in both the comics and a cartoon as a hero when she originally was a very disturbed teenage super villain.

The New Teen Titans, created back in 1980, by Marv Wolfman and George Perez introduced a number of staple DC characters including Cyborg, Starfire and Raven as well as bringing back Changeling/Beast Boy, changing Robin to Nightwing and introducing Deathstroke as a major villain. At the height of the comic's popularity, it rivaled Uncanny X-Men as the most popular comic books around 1984ish.

Terra became a member of the Titans for several issues but was only infiltrating them and working with Deathstroke so the Titans could be captured and Deathstroke fulfill his son's contract with the H.I.V.E. She pretty much had a huge mental breakdown at the end of "The Judas Contract" and literally brought the house (H.I.V.E.'s headquarters) down on herself killing her.

Although I haven't seen the movie yet, I do agree, since Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the movies trying to use the New 52 characters and story arcs have been mediocre at best. I'm certainly getting tired/annoyed of Damian Wayne and the portrayal of some of their characters have been downright horrid. Definitely hoping The Killing Joke or the revival of Young Justice brings DC back to the respectable level they used to have.

Caliane

art style is way off tone. And using recolor as base, also stupid.

vid is shit too. constant interrupts trying to piss us off..