DC Universe Animated Movies

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
so Justice League vs Teen Titans is ... well its disappointing. Its filled with bits of awesome and then 10 minute interludes of WTF. I love a lot of it but i swear its schizophrenic as hell. The carnival montage???? what did i just watch. Just more wasted opportunity.
I didn't find it quite as disappointing as you, but yeah that whole carnival thing was ridiculous, and the one thing I took away from this entire movie is that Damien is a complete fucking douche. I literally wanted him to die at every single moment of the film, even the end.

I did enjoy the obviously gratuitous shots of Starfire, first on Skype and then when she did her "suit transformation" bit. There was literally no other reason to have those scenes in there but for horny teenage boys, and pervs like me. God bless 'em! I could get used to this version of Starfire I suppose.

Costume change video in spoiler. No actual spoilers. Skype one is better, but I'll let you look that one up or watch the movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's really tough to emulate Bollands art in animation. It's just too detailed.

I'm sure it won't be too bad tho.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Judas Contract was actually slated to be the second of the big direct-to-video animated versions of classic DC stories (after Death of Superman) but it got canned when Cartoon Network pulled the plug on the Teen Titans after a regime change. It really was a seminal story when it first came out as it was a direct riff on the introduction of Kitty Pryde in Xmen which was trying its best to unseat the Titans as the big team hero book (Remember that at this point in comics history New Teen Titans was THE book for DC and whose success allowed its creators the freedom to go crazy with what became Crisis).

I think this animated movie is an attempt by Warner Brothers to see if there is still a market for a more 'serious' version of the Titans or if they are perpetually stuck with Teen Titans Go!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didn't find it quite as disappointing as you, but yeah that whole carnival thing was ridiculous, and the one thing I took away from this entire movie is that Damien is a complete fucking douche. I literally wanted him to die at every single moment of the film, even the end.

I did enjoy the obviously gratuitous shots of Starfire, first on Skype and then when she did her "suit transformation" bit. There was literally no other reason to have those scenes in there but for horny teenage boys, and pervs like me. God bless 'em! I could get used to this version of Starfire I suppose.

Costume change video in spoiler. No actual spoilers. Skype one is better, but I'll let you look that one up or watch the movie.

That just seems like a Sailor Moon spoof /anime thing than explicitly teenage boy pandering.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think this animated movie is an attempt by Warner Brothers to see if there is still a market for a more 'serious' version of the Titans or if they are perpetually stuck with Teen Titans Go!
I would say there most definitely is a market. The adult version was Young Justice which actually had incredible reviews and received a ton of awards. What it didn't do was sell tons of merch to kids though so it got nixed and replaced by the incredibly horrid updated Teen Titans Go! (UGH!) I enjoyed Teen Titans but when they brought it back as this schlock I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

I'd give anything to either have Young Justice back or any other series using that world's DC heroes. I loved Young Justice and the Justice League that was shown in that series. Some of the best artwork and story lines of any superhero TV show.

Malkav

French Madman

Looks interesting, let's hope it's better than the recent Justice League animated movies.

Malkav

French Madman
Justice League Dark was released.

Found it better than the last few animated movies they released.

And man, never piss off Zatanna.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd forgotten that the JLA animated movies aren't so family friendly.
Yeah, I was like, eh, can't be THAT bad... Then the very first scene is a bunch of people getting ran over and the dude with his she'd full of bloody corpses. OKAY I guess this is not for kids

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just finished watching The Judas Contract. Was quite good and a more faithful rendition of the classic storyline than the Teen Titans animated series managed with its season-long version. Obviously there were some alterations on account of the New 52 nature of the DC Animated Universe what with Blue Beetle taking the place of Cyborg and the inclusion of Damien. Was a nice touch having the opening sequence with Kid Flash, Speedy, and Bumblebee to let everyone know that they do exist.

There is one point towards the middle where a fan of the comics will go "errr what??" but if you stay to the end of the credits you will be rewarded.

Caliane

Finally got around to TT:Judas contract. I really liked it. felt it was pretty solid.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
"Death of Superman" came out the other day, and its decent. Early 2019 the sequel will be released: "Reign of the Supermen".

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I didn't see it yet primarily because I feel this was already done with Doomsday. However doing the whole arc as a trilogy over 3 years sounds promising.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Blast from the Past thread.

Over the last few years the DC animation scene has lost a step.

But now Justice League Dark: Apololips War is out and its Damn good.
Forget the last 20 seconds, the rest is solid and interesting.

Check it out.

1589326678148.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Blast from the Past thread.

Over the last few years the DC animation scene has lost a step.

But now Justice League Dark: Apololips War is out and its Damn good.
Forget the last 20 seconds, the rest is solid and interesting.

Check it out.

View attachment 269969

Probably the best one since Flashpoint..

Also the last 20 seconds are because this is the last DC movie in this animated Universe. They are starting all over and none of these will be part of the next stories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users