DC Universe Animated Movies

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
To be fair tho, not all the DC movies are good.

Usually it's every other one. Flashpoint was excellent, War was mediocre, and Son of Batman was terrible.
I was good with Flashpoint, but it's not the New 52. War and Son of Batman were.

And honestly, even the "bad" DC Animated ones prior to the New 52 were pretty watchable.

Column_sl

shitlord
They're some real stinkers in there as bad as this film.

My list

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Superman vs. The Elite
Superman: Unbound
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
They're some real stinkers in there as bad as this film.

My list

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Superman vs. The Elite
Superman: Unbound
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
I'd be willing to accept the two Superman only ones. But I personally enjoyed Public Enemies and Apocalypse well enough.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, Unbound and Elite weren't too good, but Public Enemies had a buttload of good fighting in it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I didn't like Public Enemies. Maybe because I read the comic a year before it came out, and it was a great book. The movie didn't do it any justice.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just caught the justice league animated movie. apparently collateral damage superman is canon now and in this flick he doesnt wear shorts and clobbers the fuck out of metropolis as well. i did like the flash and wonder woman, shazaam was alright, i used to watch the tv show as a kid. cyborg black dude was cool and best of all was batman. green lantern is just shit, im glad i never watched the live action movie. darkseid seemed kinda weak compared to how monstrously powerful he was supposed to be. movie overall was ok, it got better as it went. i liked the paradox flash flick much more though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It was always interesting how Metropolis was this idyllic City of Tomorrow when it kept getting the fuck blasted out of it on a regular basis. Then again if you have a steady income of insurance policy payouts pumping cash into your city maybe that allows for a certain advanced fight against urban blight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Batman: Assault on Arkham is out now. Pretty good movie. Shitload of combat and death (Batman has god mode). Lots of villain cameos.

Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman, and the voice of Joker is the same dude who did him from the Arkham City game which sounds close to Mark Hamill.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Batman: Assault on Arkham is out now. Pretty good movie. Shitload of combat and death (Batman has god mode). Lots of villain cameos.

Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman, and the voice of Joker is the same dude who did him from the Arkham City game which sounds close to Mark Hamill.
That would be the very talented Troy Baker. He's also the voice of Booker from Bioshock: Infinite and Joel from The Last of Us.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just finished it. The first time the ice chick spoke I immediately recognized Jennifer Hale (she's quite prolific too, but I wouldn't say she's shown the range of Baker). As far as the movie, I thought it was alright - a little too over the top for my tastes, but I'm not a huge fan of comics-style writing in the first place. It felt like they tried to cram too much into too small of a space with all the villain cameos.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My main gripe with Assault on Arkham:

It would have been better if they hadn't relied on the Joker being the main villain, AGAIN. I'm so sick of the Joker being the bad guy in everything Batman related, when there are so many other great villains to feature.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

It would have been better if they hadn't relied on the Joker being the main villain, AGAIN. I'm so sick of the Joker being the bad guy in everything Batman related, when there are so many other great villains to feature.
Well, I think that's the schtick with the Arkham universe. Will be interesting to see how they set up Arkham Knight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

I'll agree with that, for sure.

The next game in the Arkham series (Arkham Knight) will feature Scarecrow as the main villain, with some help from others. Hopefully they leave it at that, although supposedly the plot will involve post-Joker-death existence. I really enjoyed Scarecrow's presence in the first game, and would like to see more villains get some spotlight. Its like you said, the Joker is abused waaaaay too damn much, especially for a hero who has such a wide array of awesome bad guys.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I love the Joker. Can't get enough of him. Plus I thought that all the villain cameos was enough put some emphasis on the other bad guys.

What I REALLY liked was how there was a HUGE gap between lets say Black Spider and Poison Ivy. They did a great job with that.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
These DC animations are getting more and more violent, which is a good thing. So I enjoyed this.

But it is kind of hard to adjust to seeing Heroes/Villains actually die, but I suppose every one of these is a different universe or something.

I have to agree with the main gripe above, with the Superman movies they do exactly the same thing and that has been a long standing issue for me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the joker is way overused, but tbh he and Harley carried that film. You can't have harley without the joker. I enjoyed the movie but couldn't give a shit about the protagonists in a batman movie not being batman. The best parts about the new team was the interaction between Mrs. Freeze and Mohawk Croc

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll agree with that, for sure.

The next game in the Arkham series (Arkham Knight) will feature Scarecrow as the main villain, with some help from others. Hopefully they leave it at that, although supposedly the plot will involve post-Joker-death existence. I really enjoyed Scarecrow's presence in the first game, and would like to see more villains get some spotlight. Its like you said, the Joker is abused waaaaay too damn much, especially for a hero who has such a wide array of awesome bad guys.
Weren't they supposed to create a brand new villain just for the game? Did they change their mind on that, or did they just mean new as in "not joker"?