DC Universe Animated Movies

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
unless I'm retarded (I'm mostly retarded) why the fuck don't they just do the court of owls storyline without this dumb fucking Damian versus batman garbage.

Column_sl

shitlord
You mean why didn't they name it court of owls? I think they are playing out the storyline from those comics, and I believe Damian is a part of that.

Probly building up to his death in another movie.

I really hate Damian tho, I wish so much of the DC universe isn't dedicated to him in the new 52

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
They mixing the Court of Owl story with the Black Spider story. Both of which were great stories but combined into one story will suck buttholes.

Column_sl

shitlord
Speaking of the animated flicks. I watched Batman versus Robin over the weekend, and they slaughtered the court of owls story line.

DC has really gone to the shitter with these, hopefully Bruce can breathe some life back into their animated movies.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I recently downloaded Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts, because it said it was new, but haven't watched it yet. Is that not part of the DC Animated Universe? And is it any good?

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Wow that trailer for gods and monsters looks awful. Did they fire the people who made all the good animated movies or something? the last couple i saw were also a huge drop in quality from the earlier ones.. even the justice league TV show looked/sounded better than that trailer.. who the hell are those people supposed to be?

Bring back black lantern

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont think it looks good but Im open for something different. If they already green lit a sequel before the release im assuming its decent at least

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wow that trailer for gods and monsters looks awful. Did they fire the people who made all the good animated movies or something? the last couple i saw were also a huge drop in quality from the earlier ones.. even the justice league TV show looked/sounded better than that trailer.. who the hell are those people supposed to be?

Bring back black lantern
Its an alternate universe where Superman is General Zod's son, Batman is a vampire, etc.

The movie is done by guys like Bruce Timm from the old JLU, Batman, and Superman animated series, and Sam Liu - who directed Marvel and DC animated movies like Planet Hulk, the Hulk vs series, and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Those two guys worked together especially on the recent Green Lantern animated series.

I think it has potential.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This could turn it around for DC.

The animated movies, which have been pretty stellar, took a pretty sharp downturn after Flashpoint. War and Son of Batman were both awful, Arkham was pretty good, Throne of Atlantis wasn't awful but just kind of mediocre. Aside from these latest stinkers, I don't think there have been two bad DC movies in a row dating all the way back to the beginning with Doomsday.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fyi batman vs robin came out recently, it's a a version of court of owls which is a great story.

Sad to say it was another miss IMO....

I did not mind war, but must agree the overall quality downturn is disappointing. Flashpoint was sooo good.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Gods and Monsters is out there now as well. Anyone watched?
So its out on IPT but not officaly released until the 28th.
Thanks for the reminder, watched it today.

This is 100% elseworlds.

The only super people seem to be the JL. Which only has 3 ppl. Superman, Batman and WW.

Superman is the son of Zod and raised my Mexicans immigrants.
Batman is Kirk Langston (man-bat)
Wonder Woman is Bekka (Orions wife) from New Genesis / Apokolips, witha Mother Box Sword.

This JL is not afraid to get its hands dirty (ie kill) but It does not change much as they are still good guys!

You get the 3 orgin stories (did you know superman was from Krypton ??) and a murder mystery (who is killing all the scietests? Maybe its the JL ) Bruce Wayne would have sovled in 10 seconds, had he been in this movie.

5/10

Another miss.

Sadness overwhelming.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I will upgrade that to a 5.9/10, I may have been a bit harsh I had higher hops it would be closer to flashpoint based on the elseworlds aspect.