DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Sterling

El Presidente
Sucker Punch was one of the all timers for disappointing movies after a set of amazing trailers. Man of Steel is bad for what people expect from Superman , but at least it's a relatively coherent movie which you can't really say for most of the DC movies.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Welcome to be owned by AT&T. If you thought DCU couldn't get any worse... you were quite mistaken.
I mean DC is a mess. They have like what? 5 different DC universes going atm?

So we have at least:
Arrowverse DC TV
DC Sub service TV - Swamp Thing, Titans, Doom Patrol.
DC Black - where the Joker rated R type movies are going.
The new Pattinson Batman universe.
The original JL universe.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

going back a bit. its a bit obvious Zack should be directing music videos, not movies.

much of his career is that. The BEST part of the few "good" movies he has, can often be summed up into, short music video sequences.

The opening of Dawn of the dead.. the credits of Watchman. even 300.
On, top of that, we can also point out the only good movie he has, were following a script. 300, dawn of the dead remake, Watchmen. give the guy something orignal, and its a trainwreck. Let HIM create something whole cloth, and its a triple trainwreck.. suckerpunch. (which also is an example of the guy trying to turn a bunch of music videos into a movie.)

spronk

FPS noob
JL Zack Snyder cut trailers leaked, DC is taking em down as fast as they go up so this may be gone but i'm sure the official will go up soon. looks good? i guess?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sheer amount of money they piss away on these abortions of movies. I wish they'd just funnel it all in to making more animated stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

So, like any fanboy, I've often thought about stories I'd do for adaptations of my favorite franchises. One I've ALWAYS wanted to see was a gritty, dark take a la Se7en meets Saw for the Riddler. Often times, I'd think maybe have the actual villain be the Joker and him killing the riddler. This looks like as close as I'll ever get.

Also, I've always loved when the take on Batman was just a bit off kilter. One that would push right up to the line and maybe even maim, but not kill. This might be it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Looks hyper violent.

This is a continuation of DC's obsession with edginess and "meanest motherfucker on the planet" theme that's crept in since a little before the first Justice League.

You could argue that's always been an unspoken tone in Batman movies-- but I'd disagree.

There is an escalation, and an obsession with this "meanest motherfucker alive" that DC won't let go, not even for Robert Pattinson.

Sad.