DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To get clued in, go watch Batman v Superman.

Then tell me how Patinson's take is going to be any different? If not even worse in that regard.

WOW this guy is so tough. *jerk motion*

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks hyper violent.

This is a continuation of DC's obsession with edginess and "meanest motherfucker on the planet" theme that's crept in since a little before the first Justice League.

You could argue that's always been an unspoken tone in Batman movies-- but I'd disagree.

There is an escalation, and an obsession with this "meanest motherfucker alive" that DC won't let go, not even for Robert Pattinson.

Sad.

I thought this take was supposed to be more about Batman as a detective. I'm sure there will be some of the super grim and dark tough guy batman, though.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm all in for seeing this form of batman in the world they've created. I get a vibe like I'm about to watch a war movie.

However, this isn't the batman I'm looking for in a live-action solo film project.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's hard not to get excited about this with a trailer like that.

I have faith in Pattinson after seeing him in The Lighthouse and Good Time.

Give me a good detective story. Give me Paul Dano Riddler.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
PRRbWbOj1HgOZ6YAavK2nxK_M1xedshL8Aqonnm_BhJ53g5oQSNu8ViK5CoXmzFRB4uXCfJNksfJx5tecFpwKjJspNvHAcpEv7sMQpt6zkU2L59T39jeOCU

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know if I’d say DC is doing meanest motherfucker. I mean, Nolan’s Batman was stick in the mud and pretty much as basic batman as it gets. It was good. So I guess maybe two Affleck performances as old weary dark knight returns Batman. Wonder Woman wasn’t done that way. We could debate Superman lately. His movies had a dark visual but he didn’t go around capping asses like Sam Jackson.

I think this is supposed to borrow from Batman Year One.

Chris

Potato del Grande
All these trailers and news about future movies looks good. Have they finally "got" it?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I missing something? Snyder is a shit director. Why should we be excited for his shitty version of an already shitty movie?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Am I missing something? Snyder is a shit director. Why should we be excited for his shitty version of an already shitty movie?
I couldnt agree more
The Theatrical release was trash, The extended version was trash, and this version will be trash.
I really cant understand what all the buzz is about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I doubt its going to be amazing but the trailer honestly looks a lot better than what we got in the theaters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
It's a victory against batshit insane incompetent studio executives.
How so? It was the batshit insane incompetent studio executives who hired Shit Snyder in the first place, and I dont know the nitty gritty of the movie industry but doesnt WB own JL, this movie, all the characters, the names of the cities? I mean the whole kit and caboodle? So im thinking that means those "batshit incompetent" studio executives actually had to give their permission for Snyder to do this?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How so? It was the batshit insane incompetent studio executives who hired Shit Snyder in the first place, and I dont know the nitty gritty of the movie industry but doesnt WB own JL, this movie, all the characters, the names of the cities? I mean the whole kit and caboodle? So im thinking that means those "batshit incompetent" studio executives actually had to give their permission for Snyder to do this?
Studio execs did not want the Snyder Cut. The parent company AT&T did the ok for it over the WB/DC objections.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Studio execs did not want the Snyder Cut. The parent company AT&T did the ok for it over the WB/DC objections.
Well this just proves that they are batshit insane incompetent too...This movie sucked and Snyder sucks. No matter how many extra minutes of garbage you add its still all just fucking garbage.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the biggest problem I have with DC is the seeming lack of any cohesive vision and a painful lack of continuity.

Marvel took years to move all their pieces in to place before giving us Infinity War. We had characters whose back stories we knew and mostly cared about based on multiple movies and interactions with other heroes.

DC just gave us a couple of fucking awful angsty Superman movies, Wonderwoman, and then went straight to JLA. Then we get Suicide Squad, Aquaman, and a bunch of random unrelated Joker and Batman movies that just confuse the fuck out of the average moviegoer all the more. This isn't even mentioning the Nolan Batman Trilogy that has no connection to anything. They are utterly fucking hopeless.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users