DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Goatface

Also outside of Spawn (Prior to the Black Panther movie)...is there a black super hero on par with popularity of Superman, Batman, etc? This their way to introduce this in the DC universe? Yes Spawn is Image I know...
to normies, i think Blade and then John Stewart's Green Lantern were the biggest. remember hearing people wondering why he was white in the movie. DC totally missed the boat with that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
to normies, i think Blade and then John Stewart's Green Lantern were the biggest. remember hearing people wondering why he was white in the movie. DC totally missed the boat with that.

I forgot about Green Lantern! And he was very well done.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm going to assume because those of us that actually READ comics are already established with our characters we love. And we are the base/majority of their audience and have no real interest in new characters? The next generation of comic heads outside of the movies don't read the comics where these new characters would be introduced? Just spit balling here...

Also outside of Spawn (Prior to the Black Panther movie)...is there a black super hero on par with popularity of Superman, Batman, etc? This their way to introduce this in the DC universe? Yes Spawn is Image I know...

As a black dude this "Black Batman" news made me cringe. I'm all for super heroes that I clearly identify with but just leave the clearly iconic ones alone or make it organic. Not just to fit society's screaming of wokeness the last couple years. Batman's next ward is a black kid he adopted. He's Robin for a generation of comic users. Bruce Wayne dies, next Batman is a now a black dude. Problem solved.
There is Batwing who is black and part of the Batman Family.

Also the top 3-4 black DC heroes are probably Black Lightning, Cyborg, Kaldur, and Steel.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm going to assume because those of us that actually READ comics are already established with our characters we love. And we are the base/majority of their audience and have no real interest in new characters? The next generation of comic heads outside of the movies don't read the comics where these new characters would be introduced? Just spit balling here...

As a black dude this "Black Batman" news made me cringe. I'm all for super heroes that I clearly identify with but just leave the clearly iconic ones alone or make it organic. Not just to fit society's screaming of wokeness the last couple years. Batman's next ward is a black kid he adopted. He's Robin for a generation of comic users. Bruce Wayne dies, next Batman is a now a black dude. Problem solved.
I don't care what color some character is so long as the story is compelling. Also, whatever new Batman we get better be able to enunciate his dialogue. The gruffy mumbling is past its prime by now.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Cyborg, Luke Cage, (sort of) Martian Manhunter, Black Lightning, John Stewart Green Lantern, Black Panther, (first) Captain Marvel, and Cloak are probably the most well known black superheroes. Of that list most came into existence (as black in the case of MM) in the 60s-80s. Batman and Superman have been around for decades longer, so there simply is never going to be a black equivalent (any more than there will be an Asian, Mexican, or insert race here equivalent) to that kind of history. IMO Cyborg is the best developed and comes the closest, with older versions of him being well fleshed out and him being black being purely tangential to who he is. Luke Cage is pretty well done as well. Black Lightning is the oldest, but he is pure blacksploitation which is fine for being entertaining, but not good for long term story telling.

Sevens

Log Wizard
They're cooking something up with the Flash's movie imo. This scene was requested by top DC dogs. Ezra's moment was also shot in movie-res from the looks of it whenever you watch the whole scene. DC issue right now is timing, the potential is here but Marvel got out the door first. DCEU just needs some more world development, where's the DCEU Green Arrow? CW show is done. 2-3 movies that can indirectly stich the DCEU together is what i'd like to see.

crisis-on-infinite-earths-700x293.jpg
DC's issue isnt timing, its making good fucking movies. The shit they have offered up has been mediocre (Wonder Woman) to down right horrible (Justice League and BvS). The only really good movie they have released is Shazam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shazam sucked. White kid escapes his poor and downtrodden existence using white privilege to become one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Of course the Wizard's magic "chose" a white kid. It's wasn't a "choice", it was racism in action.

• 2Garbage
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shazam sucked. White kid escapes his poor and downtrodden existence using white privilege to become one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Of course the Wizard's magic "chose" a white kid. It's wasn't a "choice", it was racism in action.

Dude, go suck a POC's cock then

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude, go suck a POC's cock then
I'm sorry brother. I didn't realize we had sub-50 IQ posters. Next time I will include the tag line "for those of you with sub-50 IQ, this post is sarcasm."

Jesus Fucking Christ. What an idiot.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my favorite comic book hero is Batman. i dont care if he's black. it might even make for an interesting story, i just dont see the need to make him black. like why? virtue points? cuz i dont care about your fucking virtue. just make Batman awesome. making him black adds nothing to that. if the story is there, Batman's skin color doesnt matter. if you cant make a good Batman story with a white Batman, you arent going to make one with a black or asian Batman. in fact you are just going to alienate your fans with pandering and they just wont buy your comic book even if the story is the tits.

• 1Solidarity

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sorry brother. I didn't realize we had sub-50 IQ posters. Next time I will include the tag line "for those of you with sub-50 IQ, this post is sarcasm."

Jesus Fucking Christ. What an idiot.

Relax. it was only sarcasm too, emulating the SJW tongue, you racist, right wing, Trumper Nazi thats against trannies in capeshit movies.

• 1Worf