DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
IMG_20220818_160052.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Season 1 of Arrow where he was killing people left and right was best Arrrow.

Crixus was an amazing Deathstroke.
Yeah when he "evolved" as a character into someone who wasn't OK with murder I mentally checked out of the entire franchise. There's just not enough emotionally stable homicidal superheroes in marvel / DC.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah when he "evolved" as a character into someone who wasn't OK with murder I mentally checked out of the entire franchise. There's just not enough emotionally stable homicidal superheroes in marvel / DC.
that was the funny part about season 2, he said at the beginning of each episode that he needed to be something else besides a murderer, but he still killed plenty of people. he murdered a drug dealer because he wanted to sell his sister drugs. he wasnt even upset about it. he's like yeah you die, no something else, you fucking die now!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed the Batman a lot. So hopefully this works out like Nolan did for awhile. I dont think DC is in that bad of a place considering Joker, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker and Shazam have all been good. But they are definitely failing with Superman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed the Batman a lot. So hopefully this works out like Nolan did for awhile. I dont think DC is in that bad of a place considering Joker, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker and Shazam have all been good. But they are definitely failing with Superman.
I agree. What they need is a single decision maker at the top to stop stupid shit from being injected into the DC-verse and keep all the projects inside the fence.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they dumped Cavill for gay or black or gay and black superman. the S stands for sheeeeeeeit!

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rumors floating around now that Zaslav is planning to eviscerate DC Comics itself and try to return it to profitability.

Probably people smoking hopium but god damn would that be glorious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Rumors floating around now that Zaslav is planning to eviscerate DC Comics itself and try to return it to profitability.

Probably people smoking hopium but god damn would that be glorious.
Didio skated for far to long. That man was a cancer.

spronk

FPS noob

Shazam 2 moved from Dec 2022 (Avatar 2) to March 2023
Aquaman 2 moved from March 2023 to Dec 2023. reshooting scenes with Batfleck anyways

dont think they are mentioning Flash yet lol

HOUSE PARTY (12/9/22)
EVIL DEAD RISE (4/21/23) are now theatrical titles.

THE NUN 2 is 9/8/23,
SALEM’S LOT is TBD & an Event Film is slated for 2/10/23

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leaves only Avatar 2 and Puss in Boots 2 for Christmas, guess none of these films were ready enough to slide forward instead of back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at least they are trying to save some money and get out of debt, unike Disney who is billions of dollars in debt and keep borrowing more and more. i wonder if Disney is even really owned by Disney anymore instead of the banks.
two years ago Disney was on its ass. nothing has changed.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think you really understand how corporate debt works chuck. also Discovery/WB has over $50b in debt, about the same as Disney but Disney has 10x as much quarterly free cash flow. Either way DIS is about the same stock price as it was 5 years ago while WBD is almost half, Disney is also worth nearly 8x as much as WBD.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i don't think you really understand how corporate debt works chuck. also Discovery/WB has over $50b in debt, about the same as Disney but Disney has 10x as much quarterly free cash flow. Either way DIS is about the same stock price as it was 5 years ago while WBD is almost half, Disney is also worth nearly 8x as much as WBD.

thats true, still Disney isnt cutting their trash, they keep producing it generating more loss. at least Warner Media is trying to cut back.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This WBD deal was nothing more than T finding someone to dump debt on. But have no fear about WBD not having cash. T shareholders (and T of course) own 71% of WBD. T controls the vast majority of the board seats.