DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Fadaar

That guy
at least they are trying to save some money and get out of debt, unike Disney who is billions of dollars in debt and keep borrowing more and more. i wonder if Disney is even really owned by Disney anymore instead of the banks.
two years ago Disney was on its ass. nothing has changed.

eh that article is from may 2020, i'm pretty sure they've recovered since then

spronk

FPS noob
An internal graphic comparing the audiences of Discovery+ and HBO Max showed a stark demographic difference between the two streamers. Where HBO Max is popular with diverse groups, single people, and drivers of hybrid cars, Discovery+ is popular with white, married people who drive SUVs, minivans, and “traveling buses.” HBO Max viewers are on TikTok and Instagram, while Discovery+ viewers use social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, with the added caveat, “if any.” HBO Max viewers have no kids. Discovery+ viewers are either “empty nesters” or have grandchildren. Discovery may be trying to pull HBO into its orbit as it focuses on what it does best.

sounds like WBD is the first to figure out that HBO max subs don't actually pay for anything, and Discovery subs don't care about tik tok.

Probably 100% means Black Superman and all that kinda stuff is cancelled. Anything that won't be popular in Ohio won't go on.

on the other hand I do think the author of the article is pulling shit out of his ass, its just more likely WBD isn't interested in niche content that can't pay for itself anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
An internal graphic comparing the audiences of Discovery+ and HBO Max showed a stark demographic difference between the two streamers. Where HBO Max is popular with diverse groups, single people, and drivers of hybrid cars, Discovery+ is popular with white, married people who drive SUVs, minivans, and “traveling buses.” HBO Max viewers are on TikTok and Instagram, while Discovery+ viewers use social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, with the added caveat, “if any.” HBO Max viewers have no kids. Discovery+ viewers are either “empty nesters” or have grandchildren. Discovery may be trying to pull HBO into its orbit as it focuses on what it does best.

sounds like WBD is the first to figure out that HBO max subs don't actually pay for anything, and Discovery subs don't care about tik tok.

Probably 100% means Black Superman and all that kinda stuff is cancelled. Anything that won't be popular in Ohio won't go on.

on the other hand I do think the author of the article is pulling shit out of his ass, its just more likely WBD isn't interested in niche content that can't pay for itself anymore.
I hate woke shit and Discovery+. Bring back good entertainment. Period. The Snyder Cut May have been awful in its own right but it was better than about anything else that wasn’t at least 10 years old on Max. Watchmen was alllllmost good then got ultrawoke and fucked up Manhattan for diversity points. The Batman was decent. Still had some woke shit.

They just need to embrace the 18-49 male demographic again for a service. HBO at one point was doing a bang up job having great series across demographics. But their quality is shit now and they’re doing retreads too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Yeah the question will be does Black Superman fall under "niche", like Batgirl and the other trash TV shows that got cancelled.

Disney did a similar reorganization under Chapek regarding marketability and merchandise having priority. It could just be that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the question will be does Black Superman fall under "niche", like Batgirl and the other trash TV shows that got cancelled.

Disney did a similar reorganization under Chapek regarding marketability and merchandise having priority. It could just be that.
the problem isnt black Supes, its JJ Abrams. they signed him for 500 million in 2019 over 5 years to bring back the DCEU and he hasnt done jack shit except black Supes. there's a lot of cash put into that fucking asshole and so whatever he comes up with will likely have to be used.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the problem isnt black Supes, its JJ Abrams. they signed him for 500 million in 2019 over 5 years to bring back the DCEU and he hasnt done jack shit except black Supes. there's a lot of cash put into that fucking asshole and so whatever he comes up with will likely have to be used.

I forgot about that deal. You're right they can't cut their loss with Abrams-- it wasn't a 200m deal like Flash or Batgirl or one of these shitty movies. Also much of his work on RoS had to be cut by the studio and seemed like he enjoys slamming woke on the studio as a game he plays to see if it will make it past test screenings. I'm sure his Black Superman project will be equally as passive aggressive. He went sour on woke after TFA story group made his partner Chris Terrio rewrite the script so many times. Chris Terrio is an academy award winning writer, so he didn't take that lightly. After that incident JJ went sour, now it's all just a game to him.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot about that deal. You're right they can't cut their loss with Abrams-- it wasn't a 200m deal like Flash or Batgirl or one of these shitty movies. Also much of his work on RoS had to be cut by the studio and seemed like he enjoys slamming woke on the studio as a game he plays to see if it will make it past test screenings. I'm sure his Black Superman project will be equally as passive aggressive. He went sour on woke after TFA story group made his partner Chris Terrio rewrite the script so many times. Chris Terrio is an academy award winning writer, so he didn't take that lightly. After that incident JJ went sour, now it's all just a game to him.
You know. They are eventually gonna catch you ratting on the rest of the lucas story trust.

Be careful sister.

Goatface

this is what i found so far on the bad robot deal

Justice League Dark - Show for HBO Max - no updates
Zatanna - Movie - listed as in pre-production, only announcement was Emerald Fennell as writer (Promising Young Woman and Killing Eve)
Constantine - Show for HBO Max - no updates
Madame X - Show for HBO Max - announced Angela Robinson was working on it with abrams in 2021
Superman Movie Reboot with Ta-Nehisi Coates - no updates
Batman: Caped Crusader - dropped by HBO Max - being shopped to Netflix, Hulu, Apple

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol
The covers, which were revealed in June, feature several of DC's superheroes surrounded by, holding, or eating a variety of Latin American foods such as tacos, flan, tamales and platanos fritos. Comic book fans on Twitter, specifically Latino fans, aren't too happy with this interpretation of DC's heroes.
DCComicsHHMCovers_custom-6156cd5a85ffde338dc4d7b2a367c3c288381955.jpg

spronk

FPS noob

hire one of the 3 fucks from RLM i don't know which one is which, they will ruin your franchise even faster

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hire me. Ill fix that shit.
they could hire any comic book nerd who enjoyed golden or silver age comics and ask them to bring their collection to the studio and just copy that shit and it would be a huge success for the next 20 years. but they dont want to do that because it doesnt contain a left wing narrative and it promotes straight white male heroes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

supposedly DC is preparing bibles for many of their mains which are normally used when characters are licensed to other companies.
mcfarlane did a new flash story that comes with one of his toy lines.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wonder if anyone at WB is seeing all this celebration of Brenden Frasier in Venice this weekend and is wondering, "If only we had a movie, that was pretty cheap, that could capitalize on all this hype of a revived career."?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

hire one of the 3 fucks from RLM i don't know which one is which, they will ruin your franchise even faster

But they still got that old piece of used up Disney shit Alan Horn who is going to change everything for DC right?

1662529364925.png

He's going to change everything for the DC Universe, including the diapers.

Sterling

El Presidente
they could hire any comic book nerd who enjoyed golden or silver age comics and ask them to bring their collection to the studio and just copy that shit and it would be a huge success for the next 20 years. but they dont want to do that because it doesnt contain a left wing narrative and it promotes straight white male heroes.
I mean most people on this forum would be more likely have grown up with bronze age and early modern age comics since golden age comics is late 30s to early 50s and silver age comics ended around 1970 or so.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I liked Bat-Fleck. It was a perfect Batman performance: "We've always been criminals, Alfred."
But as much as I like Henry Cavill, I can't fucking stand Emo Superman. I wish these idiots would
just go back to being straight-up greedy and giving people exactly what they really want so they
can rake in the real money. You know, Men kicking ass and ladies throwing their panties at them.

• 1Like