DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i'm saying almost all his movies but 3 are box office flops. he isnt a big draw. christ, you people are way shittier at reading comprehension than i am. i fucking said as much in the fucking post you quoted, you meathead.
You contradict yourself post to post. First you say hes not a household name, but now hes not a big draw? Everyone knows who he is. All those movies were pretty popular when they came out.

Nic Cage wasnt a big draw at all for a long time but everyone knows who he is.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i'm saying almost all his movies but 3 are box office flops. he isnt a big draw. christ, you people are way shittier at reading comprehension than i am. i fucking said as much in the fucking post you quoted, you meathead.

None of your post was coherent.

George of the Jungle made a ton of money. In The Army now was a 2 second cameo. School Ties was before he was a big name.

He wasn't even in The Rookie.

Your entire post is complete nonsense

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Lol literally watched one of those episodes today with him
6d80f78e11de469445964a0a39ced6be1a8c256f.gif

back when TV was actually funny

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A spokesperson for Miller denied that the actor’s parents ending their marriage played a major factor in recent events, telling Vanity Fair, “The matters leading up to their recent mental health concerns were a combination of complex, stress-related issues.”

However, according to another one of Miller’s associates, this combination also included a significant ego-stroking from a 55-year-old North Dakotan medicine man named Jasper Young Bear, who accompanied the actor to Iceland after having been contracted to serve as their personal spiritual adviser.
”Bear was telling Ezra that he wasn’t a part of the movement, he was the movement—that he was the next Messiah and that the Freemasons were sending demons out to kill him,” said the source, who also noted that he sometimes uses male pronouns for Miller because the actor does not harp on their nonbinary identity being acknowledged while in private conversation.

“He’d talk about the metaverse and the medicine and how they’re the Messiah and what his work is here,” the source continued. “They say their spiritual practice is to be among the people—which means party. So, when in Iceland, he was out nonstop. His favorite were raves, where he’d go on benders for two or three days at a time.”
Amidst these ‘missions’, said another source, Miller would promise the world to a number of young people he met, enticing them to their side with such promises as, “‘You’re going to be in my band, and I’m going to produce your album and you can run my music studio.’”

“Whether they were visual artists, DJs, kids that were in college—or sometimes kids who might have been homeless—he would recruit them in a period of vulnerability, and promise them all of these things,” lamented the source.
One source informed Vanity Fair that the actor has also enveloped themself in an apocalypse narrative involving Miller’s current traveling companion Tokata Iron Eyes, the young woman who came to public attention after her parents requested a protective order against the Justice League star on the grounds that they had groomed their daughter with a variety of “cult-like” behaviors beginning at the age of 12.

“Ezra is Jesus, and Tokata’s an apocalyptic Native American spider goddess, and their union is supposed to bring about the apocalypse,” detailed a source. “And that’s the ‘real’ reason everyone is so opposed to them being together.”

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A spokesperson for Miller denied that the actor’s parents ending their marriage played a major factor in recent events, telling Vanity Fair, “The matters leading up to their recent mental health concerns were a combination of complex, stress-related issues.”

However, according to another one of Miller’s associates, this combination also included a significant ego-stroking from a 55-year-old North Dakotan medicine man named Jasper Young Bear, who accompanied the actor to Iceland after having been contracted to serve as their personal spiritual adviser.
”Bear was telling Ezra that he wasn’t a part of the movement, he was the movement—that he was the next Messiah and that the Freemasons were sending demons out to kill him,” said the source, who also noted that he sometimes uses male pronouns for Miller because the actor does not harp on their nonbinary identity being acknowledged while in private conversation.

“He’d talk about the metaverse and the medicine and how they’re the Messiah and what his work is here,” the source continued. “They say their spiritual practice is to be among the people—which means party. So, when in Iceland, he was out nonstop. His favorite were raves, where he’d go on benders for two or three days at a time.”
Amidst these ‘missions’, said another source, Miller would promise the world to a number of young people he met, enticing them to their side with such promises as, “‘You’re going to be in my band, and I’m going to produce your album and you can run my music studio.’”

“Whether they were visual artists, DJs, kids that were in college—or sometimes kids who might have been homeless—he would recruit them in a period of vulnerability, and promise them all of these things,” lamented the source.
One source informed Vanity Fair that the actor has also enveloped themself in an apocalypse narrative involving Miller’s current traveling companion Tokata Iron Eyes, the young woman who came to public attention after her parents requested a protective order against the Justice League star on the grounds that they had groomed their daughter with a variety of “cult-like” behaviors beginning at the age of 12.

“Ezra is Jesus, and Tokata’s an apocalyptic Native American spider goddess, and their union is supposed to bring about the apocalypse,” detailed a source. “And that’s the ‘real’ reason everyone is so opposed to them being together.”

I see nothing wrong with any of this

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You contradict yourself post to post. First you say hes not a household name, but now hes not a big draw? Everyone knows who he is. All those movies were pretty popular when they came out.

Nic Cage wasnt a big draw at all for a long time but everyone knows who he is.

There wasn't any girl in school who didn't know who Brendan Fraser was at the time. I'd say that qualifies as household.

Nobody knew if his movies were bombs or flops. People knew him, he had that star.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While not discounting that the numbers were quite possibly inflated, trying so say "hey our stock is down the last 6 months" when the entire US market is down like 30% or more seems like some really shitty correlation equals causation stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While not discounting that the numbers were quite possibly inflated, trying so say "hey our stock is down the last 6 months" when the entire US market is down like 30% or more seems like some really shitty correlation equals causation stuff.
A 50% drop since April is significantly faster and farther than the rest of the market.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Warner Bros. Television is laying off 82 of its employees, making up around 19 percent of its workforce, according to reports from Deadline and Variety. The studio has also chosen not to fill 43 open positions — making up 125 (or 26 percent) of its jobs in total — with those in unscripted, scripted, and animation most affected.
This most recent round of layoffs comes as Warner Bros. looks to cut costs following its megamerger with Discovery led by CEO David Zaslav. In August, Warner Bros. Discovery eliminated about 70 positions at HBO Max as part of a massive restructuring that also killed the nearly completed Batgirl film and shelved dozens of other shows and movies from the streaming service. As part of the merge, HBO Max and Discovery Plus will be combined into a single app in the summer of 2023.

In addition to the layoffs, Warner Bros. Discovery is doing away with its short-form digital content studio, Stage 13, which describes itself as a production company “dedicated to amplifying intersectional stories and championing creators from underrepresented communities.” The studio has produced works like Netflix’s Special, a series that follows a gay man living with cerebral palsy.
Warner Bros. Discovery also initially had plans to shutter its writers’ and directors’ television workshops, which often serve as an avenue for emerging writers and directors from underrepresented backgrounds to break into the industry. The company reversed this decision on Wednesday, saying in a statement that it’s going to house the workshops within its diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) pipeline instead.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I need to know how Discovery looked at their failing app, then HBO Max, which entering the summer was easily the best value streaming service, especially in terms of old library, being lauded by everyone, and thought "yeah we should gut HBO, not discovery"

"— with those in unscripted, scripted, and animation most affected."

also, this sounds like everything, I guess unless movies are the 4th pillar.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I need to know how Discovery looked at their failing app, then HBO Max, which entering the summer was easily the best value streaming service, especially in terms of old library, being lauded by everyone, and thought "yeah we should gut HBO, not discovery"

"— with those in unscripted, scripted, and animation most affected."

also, this sounds like everything, I guess unless movies are the 4th pillar.
WB was billions in debt. That is why the cuts were soo deep. Sounds like they were way bloated and too focused on their agenda shit shows.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I thought Rock was a way better speaker than this, kept losing his train of thought and overlapping sentences and so forth. He might not be the political powerhouse people think he is.

...nor does he seem to want to be anyway.

Pretty excited that they've got Superman back in the mix. I think Rock might single-handedly revive the DCEU with this, if they can actually start BUILDING stuff out of this movie without the studio ruining it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I also glad The Rock isn't pandering to the "woke" community. Unlike Emo Superman, his Black Adam straight up kills motherfuckers. It's also why I like Batfleck; give me the guy who does what needs doing every time.