DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I also glad The Rock isn't pandering to the "woke" community. Unlike Emo Superman, his Black Adam straight up kills motherfuckers. It's also why I like Batfleck; give me the guy who does what needs doing every time.

Well, Rock's signature taunt is a sort of Marxist / Black Power fist in the air. However, that goes all the way back to 1997 as part of the Nation of Domination in WWF, he just kept it forever.

He was also friends with Obama, and endorsed Biden.

On the flipside, he appeared at several Republican conventions in the 2000's, and his entire persona is incredibly Not-PC. Values hard work, thinks people are solely responsible for their own outcomes.

TLDR he's basically a Republican but he's been snookered in a bit by the Dems and happens to put up the BLM fist a lot, harkening back to wrestling.

However he also has made it very clear in general that he wants to stay out of political stuff and I sort of believe him...for now. If he does decide to go for office for some reason, it'll be interesting to see which side he picks, or if he tries to do a third-party Perot-style.

I'd bet money it's the latter, because I think the idea of going R or D and having half the country instantly not like him very much anymore, is something that would bother DJ quite a bit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well, Rock's signature taunt is a sort of Marxist / Black Power fist in the air. However, that goes all the way back to 1997 as part of the Nation of Domination in WWF, he just kept it forever.

He was also friends with Obama, and endorsed Biden.

On the flipside, he appeared at several Republican conventions in the 2000's, and his entire persona is incredibly Not-PC. Values hard work, thinks people are solely responsible for their own outcomes.

TLDR he's basically a Republican but he's been snookered in a bit by the Dems and happens to put up the BLM fist a lot, harkening back to wrestling.

However he also has made it very clear in general that he wants to stay out of political stuff and I sort of believe him...for now. If he does decide to go for office for some reason, it'll be interesting to see which side he picks, or if he tries to do a third-party Perot-style.

I'd bet money it's the latter, because I think the idea of going R or D and having half the country instantly not like him very much anymore, is something that would bother DJ quite a bit.
If push comes to shove, The Rock isn't on the R/conservative side. He will bow to the left because his popularity won't save him from a Hollywood blacklist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If push comes to shove, The Rock isn't on the R/conservative side. He will bow to the left because his popularity won't save him from a Hollywood blacklist.

You're probably right, but I also think that if he sees the left making terrible choices, he'll call it out. He isn't the kind of guy who'll swallow his principles TOO much.

....once his Hollywood career has winded down. If he were to run in, say, 2032, it'll be because he's done making movies for the time being. He's already generated many-generational wealth and by 2030 or so he'll have more money than his descendants can spend. He'll end up in the Trump Bracket where he doesn't really need to give a shit what any establishment wonks think about him. I think he'll run against whichever side he thinks is causing the most problems at that time.

I might be giving him too much credit. Either way I don't see him running.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You're probably right, but I also think that if he sees the left making terrible choices, he'll call it out. He isn't the kind of guy who'll swallow his principles TOO much.

....once his Hollywood career has winded down. If he were to run in, say, 2032, it'll be because he's done making movies for the time being. He's already generated many-generational wealth and by 2030 or so he'll have more money than his descendants can spend. He'll end up in the Trump Bracket where he doesn't really need to give a shit what any establishment wonks think about him. I think he'll run against whichever side he thinks is causing the most problems at that time.

I might be giving him too much credit. Either way I don't see him running.
you mean like how the rock was trying to defend joe rogan then he renegged on it b/c they started hated him too? the rock is just a shittier version of jon cena that can't act, ni hao

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Forgot about the Joe Rogan thing.

Yeah, Rock is principled...when convenient

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Forgot about the Joe Rogan thing.

Yeah, Rock is principled...when convenient
nah, they are just the same as any other actor. they live in fear of cancel culture and must obey their wishes when they tell you to shut the fuck up.
that demon, Jamie Lee Curtis even made her son put a dress on so she could virtue signal his "coming out".
jlc.jpg

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nah, they are just the same as any other actor. they live in fear of cancel culture and must obey their wishes when they tell you to shut the fuck up.
that demon, Jamie Lee Curtis even made her son put a dress on so she could virtue signal his "coming out".
View attachment 438302

Which one is trans?

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think the one on the left is.... I thought the one on the right was, until I saw the one on the left.

The one on the right has a waist-to-hip ratio that is unmistakably female.

Never realized until recently how similar a lot of women look to men face-wise if you take away the long hair and feminine clothes.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I need to know how Discovery looked at their failing app, then HBO Max, which entering the summer was easily the best value streaming service, especially in terms of old library, being lauded by everyone, and thought "yeah we should gut HBO, not discovery"

"— with those in unscripted, scripted, and animation most affected."

also, this sounds like everything, I guess unless movies are the 4th pillar.

Because Discovery makes money while HBO Max loses money? Not that hard of a concept

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Because Discovery makes money while HBO Max loses money? Not that hard of a concept
Yep, the reason HBO went to taking shows off the service is even though they "own" the shows, they still have to pay royalties to the actors/showmakers. It's why shows like Final Space are being sacrificed to the ether, to never be seen again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought Rock was a way better speaker than this, kept losing his train of thought and overlapping sentences and so forth. He might not be the political powerhouse people think he is.

...nor does he seem to want to be anyway.

Pretty excited that they've got Superman back in the mix. I think Rock might single-handedly revive the DCEU with this, if they can actually start BUILDING stuff out of this movie without the studio ruining it.

I have faith Discovery will do a better job than WB, because holy fuck it's impossible to be any worse.

Imagine fighting hard to keep your top superhero, who's a huge fan favorite, out of everything while at the same time pushing a basketcase who people either hate or are, AT BEST, completely indifferent to as the face of your franchise.

People like Affleck as Batman? Awesome, let's make another Batman movie with someone completely different 👍😎

It's this type of shit that makes me laugh whenever someone defends any business by saying "They're a billion dollar corporation, they know what they're doing"

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

feel kinda bad for henry cavill i doubt man of steel 2 would be any good given DC's track record is pretty much straight trash

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
People like Affleck as Batman? Awesome, let's make another Batman movie with someone completely different 👍😎

Didn't affleck walk away on his own? As I understood it, wasnt he the director and writer of his movie that we didnt get?

Goatface

Didn't affleck walk away on his own? As I understood it, wasnt he the director and writer of his movie that we didnt get?
yes, said he wasn't into it. got stressed over the criticism of the other movies and apparently everyone was worried he would drink himself to death.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He said if he did it he might just kill himself with alcohol. But he went to rehab and claims to be done with the drinking.

Now that he's reprising for a cameo, I think the door might be open for another movie.