TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
im not bright or cheery
frown.png
. slow witted and mean spirited!

frown.png

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
This game is fun in small chunks. I hadn't played in about a year or so, and logged in a few weeks ago out of boredom. I like a lot of the changes they've made. I had some cash from the triple station cash event a long while ago so bought all but the home turf DLC. The game is fun but I can't play it for long stretches of time. The added weekly rewards is a nice addition. I'll mostly run the solo missions for the week, although i haven't played in a couple weeks again lol.

I was watching the Friday night legends stream last week and the dev's were dueling players and mid duel, he got put in a legend match and got bugged by being rooted in place. He was like "crap, i was dueling while I zoned so I can't move." So...they know that bug exists yet it's still not fixed. Hasn't that been around a while? I really like this game and it has soooo much potential, but they just really didn't manage it properly. It could have been a huge title. It has so many good things that just fall short that if just had a little TLC, it would have made such a great game. I just get sad playing this game knowing what it could have been in the right hands
frown.png

frown.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it still play hero side for PvE, hero side for PvP?
Fixed that for you. The PVP imbalance is over, if one side is short players, the other said RP's as that side. So everyone has the same wait time between PVP rounds.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This is pretty much the running theme in the MMO industry since 2004
frown.png
Not really sure what this is supposed to mean. DCUO is probably the funnest MMO out there, they just have problems getting content out at a decent pace

frown.png

Singlemalt_sl

shitlord
I just returned to DCUO, and I'm having a blast with tons of shit to do...after taking 2 years off that is. To me, the gameplay and atmosphere are just hard to beat. I joined Lyrical's guild (was also in the original Regulators FoH guild) and they have some really helpful members, although I'm feeling left behind now that t5 is out and I'm still working on t4. I have been able to catch up by leaps and bounds rather easily with the amount of marks they're handing out for dailies, alerts and raids.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
T5 is a bitch. It's really hard. Even the solo challenges are an absolute pain. Our league has decided to gear up more before we raid. Apparently, the guys that have raided have said that you need at least six pieces of T5 just so you don't get one-shotted.

I'm sure the casuals are pissy over it, but EZ mode is over, and it makes the game better.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just returned to DCUO, and I'm having a blast with tons of shit to do...after taking 2 years off that is. To me, the gameplay and atmosphere are just hard to beat. I joined Lyrical's guild (was also in the original Regulators FoH guild) and they have some really helpful members, although I'm feeling left behind now that t5 is out and I'm still working on t4. I have been able to catch up by leaps and bounds rather easily with the amount of marks they're handing out for dailies, alerts and raids.
I feel like we are focusing more on gearing up on the T5 alerts, I'm sure we'll get together more in a bit. Pretty much, the only reason to run the lower raids, is to farm for marks of triumph. I need lots of those, but apparently everyone is pugging. We used to do T4 because it was hard, but now, since everyone has run those a billion times, we just faceroll them in PUG's for the marks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just restarted again around the start of the month. All my old characters were villains and villain side being a wasteland for PVE was why I quit the last time, so I leveled up new Quantum and Earth heroes and decided to stick with the tank. Can someone tell me what the gear progression roadmap is now? I've got the pvp greens (77) on now and they seem fine for T1/2 even though they have no defense, but obviously that doesn't help with raising my CR. My understanding is that sub-avatars drop nothing unless you're CR43+ so I need some advice on how to get from 35 to 43 wasting as few marks as possible. For weapon, I guess just stick with a 77.9dps one until I have access to CC?

The only thing I've done so far is solo challenges and tanked Kahndaq. It's rather frustrating to know you can destroy higher tier challenges but not be able to queue for them because of some arbitrary number.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My understanding is that sub-avatars drop nothing unless you're CR43+
Did they change that? Because I hit level 30 on my HL toon, and went from 33 to 53 in like two days. I farmed Avatars, then bought some rare armor pieces to get me to 53 (along with mods). From there, I ran t2 alerts and duos until I got to t3. So I got him to 69 cr in like two weeks.

Although, there is a quicker way. I've seen people walk in on the Themyscira instance. They walk in at 33, and end up in the 70's on one run. Everyone passes on the gear that drops, we are just there to farm marks.

P.S. If you do the Themyscra thing, go in as dps. You'll be one shotted as a tank in there.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sub-avatars apparently got changed sometime last fall.

I got to 38 by putting some iconic stuff that I never equipped on my villain into my hero's bank, but I guess I have to use some marks to get the rest of the way. Or do the GoT thing, but I have no idea how I'd go about finding a raid like that.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sub-avatars apparently got changed sometime last fall.

I got to 38 by putting some iconic stuff that I never equipped on my villain into my hero's bank, but I guess I have to use some marks to get the rest of the way. Or do the GoT thing, but I have no idea how I'd go about finding a raid like that.
Nowadays, there are so many duo's and alerts that you could jump a tier or two quick. Hell, Singlemalt took off for like two years, came back, and he's cr 89 already.

Singlemalt_sl

shitlord
CR 91 now! They make it pretty easy to play catchup. If you join the guild, or any guild for that matter, getting a few walk-in raids going will be simple. Most people are now so over-geared for Gates and the rest of the t4 raids that carrying a player or 2 is cake.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded this last night, gonna give it my annual 1 month whirl. Perhaps this time it will stick and I will play for 2 months. Funny thing is this totally fell off my radar but playing Marvel Heroes has left me wanting a Super Hero game.

Lyrical, what server are you on and what faction. I am going to start a new character and would like to try high lvl pvp at some point, are any of the movement powers going to him me in pvp? Lastly class, I was considering an Ice Tank. Any thoughts on that?

EDIT: Also, what about healers? how are the electricity healers?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lyrical, what server are you on and what faction. I am going to start a new character and would like to try high lvl pvp at some point, are any of the movement powers going to him me in pvp? Lastly class, I was considering an Ice Tank. Any thoughts on that?

EDIT: Also, what about healers? how are the electricity healers?
There are only two servers now. When the population went down, they moved to a mega server where they can hold a ton of us. There's just PVE and PVP, but you can switch between servers. We are PVE side. Hit me up on Blur for an invite (my play time is limited right now because of work).

Ice tanks are fine, but make sure you work both roles (damage also). It doubles your chances of getting groups. SOE put a group buff in that replaces tanks in instances (i.e., no tank and everyone gets increase damage resistance). So people are going to favor DPS over tanks, to get the instances over quicker. Only at T5 will people want tanks, and that is becoming more rare. When we first started T5, we were getting one shotted in alerts, but now that we are geared up, not so much. Elecric healers are fine, but they are more for AOE healing than single target healing.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, if you've never played it. 1-30 is pretty fun. Stuff that you can do solo is pretty fun the first few times.

You can find some good players still playing the game, but 95% (and I'm not being hyperbolic) of the people that play this game are just BAD at it. Frustratingly bad. But it's also hard to entirely fault them.

The game also pushes replay tokens to the detriment of itself. I mean, I understand. It's f2p and the only incentive to sub for a month (if you've bought all the dlc already) is that you won't have a cash cap. But the dev cycle has hit a point where it's very obviously very cash-grabby. It's a fun popcorn mmo though. If you've never played it, play a character or two to 30. If you like it, give them 15 bucks to unlock all the DLC for a month. The game pretty much has a 1-2 month play life for anyone who's already played eq/wow/whatever.

There's no depth to the game whatsoever and the playerbase reflects that.