DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Budget looks way higher than Arrow or Flash. CW is throwing everything they can at these comic shows. Vandel looks good, I like the guy playing Rip

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Looks amazing. I'll be impressed if they can pull off yet a third show of the same caliber as Arrow and Flash. At some point there's got to be a stinker.

Homsar

Cant stand heatwave, for some reason I thought he wasnt going to star in this. Having Caty Lotz back as canary and no Laurel helps me get over his character

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That trailer is pretty awesome. Looks like with the shorter season they have more to spend per episode.

Also if someone would have told me a few years ago I'd be watching this much CW, I'd have called them an idiot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"i have seen men of steel die and dark knights fall"
HOLY SHIT! i had no idea this was the same universe as batman and supes. superman yeah because of supergirl being a berlanti production, but bats and supes? fuck yeah.

Homsar

Rip Hunter reminds of Nathan Fillion from Firefly. Captain of the ship wearing a duster, futuristic six shooter, humor ect. Even the designs of the ships reminded me of Firefly

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
"i have seen men of steel die and dark knights fall"
HOLY SHIT! i had no idea this was the same universe as batman and supes. superman yeah because of supergirl being a berlanti production, but bats and supes? fuck yeah.
Yeah, but since he's "from the future" he has probably seen multiple timelines, so that is likely more of an easter egg for us nerds than anything actually useful.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but since he's "from the future" he has probably seen multiple timelines, so that is likely more of an easter egg for us nerds than anything actually useful.
Well, there is the fact that WB has decided that the movie side of the house can't restrict as much of what the TV side has access to now (article link is over in the Flash thread). So you never know. Also, since CBS runs Supergirl, CBS and WB jointly own the CW, that would mean that in theory a supergirl cross over could also happen.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I know, but I sort of think that line was probably recorded before that decision was made. However, I am definitely optimistic about the future of these shows and potential crossovers, and I look forward to the day that Cisco crushes hard on Supergirl. I know I would be.

I still don't think a Batman or Superman cameo is going to happen for a long, long time though, if ever. I hope I'm wrong though. Unless they bring Tom Welling in quickly, that might actually be sort of fun.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that is part of the new DC directive of the WB no longer running the whole show.

The future looks pretty exciting for all the franchises.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They're talking season 2 already? Did I miss season 1?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's basic rumor mongering. Show hasn't even aired or been given a second season yet. It's all "People love Constantine, let's make a plausible rumor for clicks!"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think CW knows their track record at this point with DC shows and isn't worried about it not making to season 2.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not to be a dick (this time), but if people love constantine, why isn't his show still running?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Budget is also a big part of the problem with "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" according to the report. Talk of a possible second season is already being dampened down due to the sheer expense of the first:

"While Constantine played by Matt Ryan has indeed been discussed for the show, DC Comics themselves are the stumbling block on the character appearing in the show. I'm also hearing from another well connected source that the show is incredibly expensive and they're not sure if they'll go with a second season, and instead replace it with a totally different show for it."