DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Column_sl

shitlord
The more time they spend on origin stories then the more it will seem like padding. For me, they hit the right balance, they established the characters and started the ball rolling.

Oddly enough I don't have any issues with the characters so far.

Only gripe I had was the Professor should have been dragged over the coals by the other half of Firestorm.
Well I think the kid wanted to be there he just didn't want to admit it to himself. Even in his origin episode he never wanted anything to do with Firestorm

The professor is more like the side of his conscious that is more reckless which is funny give their age.

I can't wait for the Jonah Hex episode. They can really have a lot of fun through the DC timeline. May even see Legion and Ambush Bug!

Sevens

Log Wizard
pretty much, if they can get rid of both the hawk people and have Snart/Canary/Heatwave do stupid fun shit in every episode then were on the right track with this
Part 2 of the Pilot (yeah its a two parter) you will get your wish ( its a spoiler from Kevin Smith on Fatman on Batman podcast)

Malkav

French Madman
Have to admit that not doing a 2 hours premiere with their two parter episode was pretty stupid.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I liked it, i mean its probably pretty out of character to watch this show and not have watched arrow and flash. I liked the elevator pitch / decision time frame. We know the characters, lets jump right in, and it did.

I am definitely looking forward as to how the season unfolds.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't great, but there's never been a series that didn't get better after the pilot. So I'm in at least until they take a break.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah and now that I think about it, Rip gave them all a choice whether or not to come, so why was he willing to take off with an obviously drugged Jax? I mean I guess he was desperate, but why the hell didn't everyone else except Snart and Rory have a problem with it?

I mean ultimately it's a pretty trivial detail since you knew something would happen during the episode to make Jax decide to stay, but it is sorta glaring.
Yeah Rory was desperate, ya know because he initially stunned and kidnapped all of them to give them his time travel pitch. the episode was good. need to ditch those fucking dildohead hawk people. they look ridiculous. at least put hawk girl in a bikini so i can check out that ghetto booty.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Someone explain the relationship with the professor. He straight up said she was his mom, but was hawkman supposed to be his dad? The picture they showed of him at the world's fair was 2 light skinned black people with a very dark baby. I didn't look closely enough to check if the man was hawkman. I assumed she was just married before her awakening and stayed with her family. But later in the episode she referred to the professor as "our son".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we need to get a screencap of that pic because it looked like the very dark skinned black child had braids in the hair suggesting it was actually a little girl.

Column_sl

shitlord
Someone explain the relationship with the professor. He straight up said she was his mom, but was hawkman supposed to be his dad? The picture they showed of him at the world's fair was 2 light skinned black people with a very dark baby. I didn't look closely enough to check if the man was hawkman. I assumed she was just married before her awakening and stayed with her family. But later in the episode she referred to the professor as "our son".
we need to get a screencap of that pic because it looked like the very dark skinned black child had braids in the hair suggesting it was actually a little girl.
Two people on this forum with the worst memories trying to figure out something. Humorous.

It's the both of them, and Hawkman has a mustache....

The colour of the baby and all its physical features are due to the genes inherited. The genes inherited by the baby may not be necessarily of the parents.
rrr_img_123862.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Hawkman is his father, the professors says their names were Joe and Edith. Photo was him as well. You are correct about the complextion differences in the photo. Chalk it up to low production values on a pilot.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Two people on this forum with the worst memories trying to figure out something. Humorous.

It's the both of them, and Hawkman has a mustache....

The colour of the baby and all its physical features are due to the genes inherited. The genes inherited by the baby may not be necessarily of the parents.

rrr_img_123862.jpg
I see it now, thanks for the pic. Couldn't find it last night.

But who said the stuff about the genes? The genes inherited may not be the parents genes? That's pretty fucking retarded.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thanks for the pic column, i had to save and enhance it on my pc because it was a little dark(no racism intended) to see whats going on with that kid's hair. the puffs or pigtails i thought i saw were just his hair with the background. from what i gather the kid is sporting a regular fro.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
That would be a direct quote from Dr. Rachna Pande..

http://www.newtimes.co.rw/section/ar...-04-13/187782/

But I'm sure your GED trumps her Doctorate...
Apparently I learned more about genetics in High School biology than he learned in his study of internal medicine. Or maybe English is a 3rd or 4th language for Dr Rachna Panda. Either way, on it's face the assertion that a child's DNA would come from something other than it's parents is ridiculous. What he was talking about was which genes are expressed and the dominant genes may not be the same as the expressed dominant genes of the parents. But whatever genes the kid has must come from it's parents. It's pants on head retarded to say otherwise. Even in the rare cases of things like genetic chimerism, where a person can have distinct sets of DNA in them, all sets are still inherited from the parents, and whatever DNA is passed to their offspring is still from them.

Adoption is the only case where that statement isn't idiotic.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's a she =P. and I think you are more less arguing her sentence structure not the validity of the article itself.

The question of that article was can two dark skinned blacks have a lighter skinned negro child, and her answer was yes.

Either way the grown up version of the son was much lighter then the kid in that picture. Chalk it up to someone wanted their kid in that episode.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
well.... it can only get better... I thought it was going to be a lot darker (and better) with the way it started with Savage offing a mom and her child. then it just got stupid from there.