DC's Legends of Tomorrow

velk

Trakanon Raider
The show is hitting all my buttons for stupidity in dealing with things that are 'immortal' via healing. 'Oh no, he can't die, let's just leave his body here to heal back up ?'

Even with conventional means, dismembering them and separating the parts, sealing them in concrete and dropping them in different oceans seems worth a try. These guys have a fucking time machine, after he is incapacitated, dismember him and drop the bits in random locations in 10,000AD. If they grow back together again, so what ?

Ganthorn

N00b
The show is hitting all my buttons for stupidity in dealing with things that are 'immortal' via healing. 'Oh no, he can't die, let's just leave his body here to heal back up ?'

Even with conventional means, dismembering them and separating the parts, sealing them in concrete and dropping them in different oceans seems worth a try. These guys have a fucking time machine, after he is incapacitated, dismember him and drop the bits in random locations in 10,000AD. If they grow back together again, so what ?
That was really my only complaint. They keep saying they can't kill him but why not just kidnap him and lock him up for eternity ... or they have a fucking space ship. Launch his ass into the sun. Unless when he dies he reappears in egypt where he was first reborn they don't need to actually kill him to remove him from the equation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they could just hit up the dinosaurs and leave him there to fend for himself til the comet/meteor hits or any number of scenarios, but then we wouldnt have a show. and as stupid as it is, im digging capt cold/heat man and sarah. id watch just for sarah. so its all good. oh and im not very up on my computer tech, but did they have those kinds of personal/office computers back in 1975? my dad worked for IBM back in the 70s and he worked with those giant punch cards in a computer room the size of a warehouse.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty sure they didn't have hard drives back then, so at the very least the data would have been on floppy disk. But, the funniest part was how fast he was able to access the information.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
These guys have a fucking time machine, after he is incapacitated, dismember him and drop the bits in random locations in 10,000AD. If they grow back together again, so what ?
Better, drop the bits in random locations AND eras.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

I thought the same thing. I remember some comic book from the 80's, where they were dealing with an immortal. They took his ass into outer space, and left him there, telling him that while it was impressive he could live forever, he had no travel powers. They just left him floating on the other side of the galaxy.

I was thinking, they have a space ship, why not use it?

Ganthorn

N00b
The only thing that could make it make any sense is they said he could recover from a single cell. Maybe if they toss him in a volcano or the sun etc some random skin cell that sloughed off on earth or hair that fell out would then regenerate into him.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The only thing that could make it make any sense is they said he could recover from a single cell. Maybe if they toss him in a volcano or the sun etc some random skin cell that sloughed off on earth or hair that fell out would then regenerate into him.
Eh, obviously he doesn't, given there aren't thousands of him.

Ganthorn

N00b
Eh, obviously he doesn't, given there aren't thousands of him.
Since it seems to be a magical effect I pictured that only happening if his main body could not regenerate. Like his spirit/essence etc would just go to whichever one was available rather than every one available.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Since it seems to be a magical effect I pictured that only happening if his main body could not regenerate. Like his spirit/essence etc would just go to whichever one was available rather than every one available.
Vandal Savage is an ajin!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
they could just hit up the dinosaurs and leave him there to fend for himself til the comet/meteor hits or any number of scenarios, but then we wouldnt have a show. and as stupid as it is, im digging capt cold/heat man and sarah. id watch just for sarah. so its all good. oh and im not very up on my computer tech, but did they have those kinds of personal/office computers back in 1975? my dad worked for IBM back in the 70s and he worked with those giant punch cards in a computer room the size of a warehouse.
Did my first coding in the mid 70's on TRS-80 model I and II systems. Which were essentially desktop computers. In 78 they had the TRS-80 model III which had a floppy drive (think they had one for the model II as well). First hard drive I saw in a home environment was around 81, but that's just my personal experience (still remember having an Apple II with a 5 meg hard drive in 87, I was so pimpin in the day... and now you have me waxing nostalgic.

As for how to handle him, take the "cut his body up" concept on step further and drop off individual parts on different continents... in different time periods.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
In 78 they had the TRS-80 model III which had a floppy drive (think they had one for the model II as well).
You could assemble a floppy drive from parts for the model I as well, which is what I did. Radio Shack added a "real one" in its catalog, but it was buggy as hell.

Apple II had a floppy drive as well in late 70s.

In 1975, you didn't had recognizable office computers. You only had terminals to mainframes/minis, and big clunky systems that would never fit on a desk.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem with the show is that Vandal is not a credible threat like he was when he fought Flash/Arrow. He's been neutered, and it ruins the action of the show. Now any non meta-human can slit his throat.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im assuming they will not be all up VS's bunghole every week. now that he is defeated they can do other stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless I misheard, the episode ended with them saying they're going right back after Savage in the 80s.

I guess it's something of a paradox either way, but it makes more sense to me to go farther back in time after Savage each time you fail instead of going forward.

Ganthorn

N00b
Looks like episode 4 aired in canada after the super bowl and there are torrents up right now. I am going to download one and see if it is legit

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They need to hurry up and get past the "yes I know I'm untrustworthy and you guys are untrustworthy but I need you to trust me and lets work together" shtick every episode. I feel like we've had the same "come together" moment worded differently at the end of the episode 3 times now.

Hell, even that White Knight trailer above. The line he says, "time to decide if the future is worth fighting for" - does he not say this every fucking episode? And the team all makes the decision, yeah we're in it, lets do this?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Another
meh
episode, another horse mouth
woman
to look at.
I'll give it another
episode
I suppose.