DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Ive got it. They can fix both problems at once by having hawkman and the suddenly inexplicably black hawkgirl horribly maimed and killed, bringing a darker aspect to the show and removing the two biggest problems on the cast. Win win.

Malkav

French Madman
Too bad they kinda said that the only way to kill Savage is for him to be killed directly by the Hawkderps.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe just maybe they are foreshadowing vandal savage killing these hawktards off by the end of the season and so we get a whole generation before they are seen again? i can wish, right?

oh and hawkgirl is black, in this show at least, she is just light skinned.

Sevens

Log Wizard
maybe just maybe they are foreshadowing vandal savage killing these hawktards off by the end of the season and so we get a whole generation before they are seen again? i can wish, right?

I bet by Episode 2 someone big dies...so keep watching

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Who though? They aren't going to kill off the Rogues. They aren't going to kill Canary cuz she just came back from the dead. They just went through the trouble of recasting Firestorm. Atom also just came back from the "Dead" and he's the optimist of the team. Hawkpeeps are integral to the Savage storyline. Rip is running the show. I don't see any of the main cast dying except for the Hawkpeeps at the end to maybe kill Savage.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
pretty much, if they can get rid of both the hawk people and have Snart/Canary/Heatwave do stupid fun shit in every episode then were on the right track with this
Don't forget, if the Hawk people are using Nth metal in their hammers, they demolish anything magical. In some comics, they've bested magical based opponents that Superman couldn't hurt, with ease. They can deflect magical bolts from Dr. Fate, and in the JLA cartoon, Hawkgirl killed a rampaging Solomon Grundy (who had previously defeated Superman). And they are considered the tanks on the team when Superman isn't around.

They are going to need them. In the video below, Grundy defeats the Justice League, including Superman, Green Lantern and Dr. Fate, just to get curbstomped by Hawkgirl.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice homage to Waverider.

rrr_img_124174.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why doesn't this team have Booster Gold? He's the saviour of all timelines in the comics.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Who though? They aren't going to kill off the Rogues. They aren't going to kill Canary cuz she just came back from the dead. They just went through the trouble of recasting Firestorm. Atom also just came back from the "Dead" and he's the optimist of the team. Hawkpeeps are integral to the Savage storyline. Rip is running the show. I don't see any of the main cast dying except for the Hawkpeeps at the end to maybe kill Savage.
Wont say here but Kevin Smith spoiled it on his Fat man on Bat man podcast...hes seen both episodes of the pilot

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

I like the idea -- kill them off, maybe have them show up once a season. They can be like Kenny on south park except they show up once per season and are immediately killed.

Yes, I caught that Hawkgirl is black on the show
smile.png
That was one of my complaints -- in the comics she was obviously white (and hot, also unlike the show). Its just so random. Wally west and Iris West turn black, barry stays white. Hawkgirl turns black, hawkman stays white. Are they flipping coins during casting here? WTF?

Sevens

Log Wizard
I like the idea -- kill them off, maybe have them show up once a season. They can be like Kenny on south park except they show up once per season and are immediately killed.

Yes, I caught that Hawkgirl is black on the show
smile.png
That was one of my complaints -- in the comics she was obviously white (and hot, also unlike the show). Its just so random. Wally west and Iris West turn black, barry stays white. Hawkgirl turns black, hawkman stays white. Are they flipping coins during casting here? WTF?
They hire actors, the Race is Irrelevant. Who gives a rats ass if Iris was white in the comics, this isnt the comic this is The Flash TV show and Iris is black

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
They hire actors, the Race is Irrelevant. Who gives a rats ass if Iris was white in the comics, this isnt the comic this is The Flash TV show and Iris is black
Look, its not a big deal, but its dumb.

If they cast a fat dude for the Flash, everyone would complain. Because the physical appearance of the actor wouldnt match the character.

If they cast a skinny white guy to play Kingpin, everyone would complain.

But all of sudden when they cast someone of a different race than the character we're supposed to pretend "Im so colorblind the race doesnt matter, its all about acting skills!"

Sevens

Log Wizard
Look, its not a big deal, but its dumb.

If they cast a fat dude for the Flash, everyone would complain. Because the physical appearance of the actor wouldnt match the character.

If they cast a skinny white guy to play Kingpin, everyone would complain.

But all of sudden when they cast someone of a different race than the character we're supposed to pretend "Im so colorblind the race doesnt matter, its all about acting skills!"
Fat men cant run fast so its not just not matching the character but fundamentally changing it
Kingpins size was an integral part of the character
Iris west color wasnt important to the character
Youre right thought its not a big deal..I like the actress playing Iris, and Joe West (Jesse Martin) is one of the best things on the show

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just got around to finally seeing episode 1........ not as good as arrow or flash that's for sure. Black firestorm actor is terrible, I vote to kill him off and replace him again, the hawks just a step under him as well. Only good thing so far maybe was the white canary/snart brothers dynamic, speaking of which Golden Glider should have been on the team as well.