Dealing with addiction

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
Right now my GF says her highest hurdle is just fighting the urge to do SOMETHING. Not even just the nicotine craving, but just the general fidgets. I think a lot of people that get benefit from Nicorette would get just as much benefit from Wrigley.

That might be. Nicorette does satisfy a craving. It must be a nicotine craving, it's hard to quantify how it feels exactly. It's doing something that chewing gum doesn't.

Stuff makes me hiccup when I use it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I have a gatcha game gambling problem. I dont want to stop playing the game due to time and $ invested. I used to be all about not giving in to P2P but went wonky and gave in.
Could use some advice on how to reign it back and get control over that impulse.
Suggestions? Help? Flames?

iannis

Musty Nester
Can't think of an easy way to beat a gatcha. There is a reason they name them gatcha.

Put the tablet down is where it starts and stops. Maybe it gets boring on its own.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not an addict but i do buy 5-6 packs of Etizolam per year. I use them to relax and sleep as i have very bad insomnia. If you are unaware what these are Etizolam are ,it's basically an OTC in Japan,

I'm curious if anyone else takes these or other Benzos? Bought either online or offline. Jap Government has passed a law so Jap Pharms can't sell Etiz outside the country atm. Granted i use Indian ones (ELM-2)I would say the strength is like 75% of 1mg Xanax overall. i HATE dealing with dealers irl... Although i do find myself

Very few things in this life are as relaxing and enjoyable as taking Etiz or anther benzo, playing vidya for a few hours then falling asleep the moment you lie down,. It's pure nirvana

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not an addict but i do buy 5-6 packs of Etizolam per year. I use them to relax and sleep as i have very bad insomnia. If you are unaware what these are Etizolam are ,it's basically an OTC in Japan,

I'm curious if anyone else takes these or other Benzos? Bought either online or offline. Jap Government has passed a law so Jap Pharms can't sell Etiz outside the country atm. Granted i use Indian ones (ELM-2)I would say the strength is like 75% of 1mg Xanax overall. i HATE dealing with dealers irl... Although i do find myself

Very few things in this life are as relaxing and enjoyable as taking Etiz or anther benzo, playing vidya for a few hours then falling asleep the moment you lie down,. It's pure nirvana

How many in a pack? 12?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have lorazepam for anxiety and insomnia. I had an issue last year where I couldn't stay asleep and they helped somewhat for that. I only took them nightly for about a month or so then stopped. Now I occasionally take them for long plane rides or the of sleepless night. Aside from the mild sedative effect, I don't feel like they do much for me.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are blister packs with 10ea.

I usually buy the 2mg a pill versions btu sometimes one. ELM-2 is my normal ones.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have lorazepam for anxiety and insomnia. I had an issue last year where I couldn't stay asleep and they helped somewhat for that. I only took them nightly for about a month or so then stopped. Now I occasionally take them for long plane rides or the of sleepless night. Aside from the mild sedative effect, I don't feel like they do much for me.

Loraz is by far one of the least good benzos..

Etizolam and Xanax are he two best for relaxing and a good feeling imo
Then Klonopin, its not quite as desirable but lasts longer and is still v-good.
Temazepam is also excellent, very good hypnotic, be warned it's the easier to blackout/ get bombed out of reality with.

I might be missing another good one or two

Vallium is Mediocre.
Ativan, Lorazepam are prob the worse.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never taken any of those kinds of drugs. Only pharmaceutical I've ever fucked around with is Adderall. I can't believe Adderall is legal. It's like cocaine that lasts for hours.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
agree with that. loraze/ativan gave me intense depression when i took it once as prescribed.

never had a problem with alprazolam causing intense feelings of depression. same for klonopin and valium, both for sleep/anxiety. no problems with those 3.

loraze is well known for being very...null feeling, in a very dis-pleasuring and sometimes scary way for me anyway. I will never take or accept lorazepam again.

its on my hard no list.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
agree with that. loraze/ativan gave me intense depression when i took it once as prescribed.

never had a problem with alprazolam causing intense feelings of depression. same for klonopin and valium, both for sleep/anxiety. no problems with those 3.

loraze is well known for being very...null feeling, in a very dis-pleasuring and sometimes scary way for me anyway. I will never take or accept lorazepam again.

its on my hard no list.

Huh, crazy. I honestly can't say that I feel much different at all when I take it, just slightly drowsy. I guess it could be interpreted as relaxed, but I wouldn't really classify it as that. They do work well in helping me stay asleep which is what I got them for in the first place.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i definitely had an adverse reaction to lorazepam but it seems to be one of the most popular prescribed benzos out so rock on fellas.

I know plenty of people on it no complaints.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
throw me in with the "benzos make me feel numb in a really scary and depressing way" haha. can't stand taking them

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Just quickly chiming in regarding benzos: not something you want to be using for insomnia long-term, because they ruin sleep architecture. You may be sedated or "asleep," but you are not really getting the benefits of sleep when you take them.

They also shouldn't be used long-term for anxiety; that's what buspirone and the SSRIs are for (although the SSRIs are also shit drugs.)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I was at the point of sleeping 2 hours per night for some reason and it was so frustrating because I'd always fall asleep fine, I just would not stay asleep. I'd wake up 2 hours later and then do this weird doze off and jolt awake thing the rest of the night. It's the closest to being depressed I think I've ever felt in my life, so even if benzos we're bad sleep, it was totally welcomed by me. In any case, I only took them for about a month and then stopped. I think I've taken maybe 4-5 since then - usually on an 8 hour flight because why not.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just quickly chiming in regarding benzos: not something you want to be using for insomnia long-term, because they ruin sleep architecture. You may be sedated or "asleep," but you are not really getting the benefits of sleep when you take them.

They also shouldn't be used long-term for anxiety; that's what buspirone and the SSRIs are for (although the SSRIs are also shit drugs.)

Its just a matter of when do I address it. As an adult its hard to squeeze in a benzo taper (And my take on detox is that its not a very viable way to address a run-of-the-mill dependency especially if its been X amount of years, it won't go very well due to the speed and pace and aggression of a detox due to cost-saving measures involved. And there is no pressing health condition requiring a detox for me personally, I'm sleeping OK enough I guess)

So I'm left with when to taper, and its just not something anyone is clearing the bleachers to run out and go do I guess.

I've looked over the literature and most of the studies dealing with long-term damage are featuring therapeutic anxiety dosages. 2mg minimum ballpark alprazolam, often times multiple times a day. I'm quite a bit under that at 0.5mg, not to downplay the significance of even x1 per day benzo use though, as you develop a strong dependency to stave off withdrawal after just a few weeks of use.

But as I found out during a previous taper, even 0.25mg is a monster-mother fucker to get off of. The mind racing and thinking and fixating on things that don't matter is fucking intense. Its really a holy fuck religious experience of retardation.

I know I can accept a valium taper, which I've done smoothly sometime this last decade, but again, age is a huge de-motivator when addressing something that doesn't really have a measurable effect on your life.

Anecdotally I get nothing from taking it, no change in mind or feeling or drowsy-- as its been several years now. 5+ solid years I would say.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was at the point of sleeping 2 hours per night for some reason and it was so frustrating because I'd always fall asleep fine, I just would not stay asleep. I'd wake up 2 hours later and then do this weird doze off and jolt awake thing the rest of the night. It's the closest to being depressed I think I've ever felt in my life, so even if benzos we're bad sleep, it was totally welcomed by me. In any case, I only took them for about a month and then stopped. I think I've taken maybe 4-5 since then - usually on an 8 hour flight because why not.

I grew up in an very strong anti-marijuana community so benzos were really my only option for insomnia at the time.

Other options for it hadn't presented, or were unacceptable due to unwanted side effects I.E. Remeron. and other atypical SSRI classes.

I think lifestyle wise taking the benzo despite the atrocious withdrawal was the better beat over some of the other options.

• 1Like