Death Stranding

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes you can lose it, it takes times though. You can always built another or take one someone has left in the world, I think you can own 4, if you built a 5th one it destroys the oldest one. Don't worry much about abandoning it. :)

Yeah when you enter Chapter 3 and get a few other places online, you will be able to create your own, and also will even have a shared garage where you can just take others from the pool. Plus the build costs are cheap - you won't have an issue.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What do shit/piss/gamer girl bathwater grenades even do? I threw a couple early on and it just seemed to piss off the BTs, which would send the invisible/footprint things straight to me and then I'd get wrecked. Since then I only carry blood grenades, which actually kill the fuckers. Not sure about the 'custom' grenades either, for that matter. They eat up a lot more blood, but [on Hard] BTs that take 2 grenades to kill still take 2 of the custom ones which seems like a waste. I haven't tried them on boss BTs yet though, maybe it makes them easier provided you bring a ton of blood bags too.

Mine are at level 2. I have yet to try them out in the field :) Haha. I'll do that tonight for shits and giggles (Pun intended)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must be instanced with some lazy fucks then cause it took me multiple play sessions (just finishing last night) to complete the N > S road in chapter 3 up to the point where it gives a "road under construction" section that I can't complete yet (need further in story i guess?).
Aww man, you got grouped with the pleb casuals!! Sucks man. :(

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Aww man, you got grouped with the pleb casuals!! Sucks man. :(
Actually it probably made me enjoy it more cause I know I was helping them out. Also ended with me getting shitloads of likes because of it =P

• 1Like

Crone

Actually it probably made me enjoy it more cause I know I was helping them out. Also ended with me getting shitloads of likes because of it =P
Good point.

Also, if Utnayan Utnayan is playing this, and having a decent time, then I'm not sure I can resist. Problem is, in this day and age of subscriptions, and game deals, paying full price for a game really sucks. It's why I hate buying Switch games, because those fuckers never go on sale!

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I know @Dom mentioned waiting for PC but man. I'm usually in the same boat or I'll double dip due to wanting better graphics/performance with the PC version (or in some cases mouse/kb support). Death Stranding may be the first "coming to PC" game where I don't feel the need to buy the PC version. Controls are good, graphics fantastic and I'm not sure what the average FPS is but it FEELS > 30. Could just be good use of motion blur or something but still feels on point most of the time.

Crone

I know @Dom mentioned waiting for PC but man. I'm usually in the same boat or I'll double dip due to wanting better graphics/performance with the PC version (or in some cases mouse/kb support). Death Stranding may be the first "coming to PC" game where I don't feel the need to buy the PC version. Controls are good, graphics fantastic and I'm not sure what the average FPS is but it FEELS > 30. Could just be good use of motion blur or something but still feels on point most of the time.
Yea, I gotta check out Black Friday deals, and maybe pick up Star Wars and this at the same time, and get a little discount or something.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
good to know, i've not gotten to where i can build them yet. I think i'm spending too much time in chapter 2, going to push forward to 3 probably tonight.

You can build tons of vehicles, and people will abandon them everywhere.
I dont like the trike, terrain gets worse in chapter 3 and the trike fails, Would rather run and jump/climb its faster, but harder with cargo.

Rush to Chapter 3, a lot opens up. The covered Van hold so much shit. I am going to paint my next one brown. ;)
Chapter 4 is stupid. but i hope CH 5 returns to the glory days of chapter 3.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good point.

Also, if Utnayan Utnayan is playing this, and having a decent time, then I'm not sure I can resist. Problem is, in this day and age of subscriptions, and game deals, paying full price for a game really sucks. It's why I hate buying Switch games, because those fuckers never go on sale!

Yeah it's a weird kind of fun. There is enough in there from a content perspective and weird story that you just kinda want to see what happens. I can't help but think this is going to be like one of those bad movies though where you just don't stop watching for reasons you cannot explain and then in the end you are like, "Wow what a waste of time that was".

Thing is though, Episode 3 really kicks it off when a lot of things start opening up. Automatic robot delivery, building new constructions, fast travel, roads, new equipment and what appears to be way more POI's of "Wonder what that thing is over there". With that said, I do wish they would have had more ruins of cities and such. Like HZD. I thought how awesome it was when I saw the ruins of Mile High Stadium and then was also able to see it was actually Mile HIgh Stadium and I figured out where I was finally at in the game world. More of that would be awesome here but I think Timefall was used to not have to pay that close attention to that detail in favor of a really cool new take on multiplayer concepts.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Installed it today because I thought it wasn't a game for me and I was thinking of sending it back. Oddly enough 6 hours flew by and it was a quite relaxing evening playing this.

There's no need to clear all the requests at the very beginning right? I'm at the part where side missions just opened up.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Mine are at level 2. I have yet to try them out in the field :) Haha. I'll do that tonight for shits and giggles (Pun intended)

They "stun" BT's you get a upgrade later that works with the grenades too kill BT's permanetly(It's interesting getting "Likes" from BT's rofl)

Another hint, if you want too get rid of a "tar" pool earlier(Escaping the pool before the BT's pull you to the middle), piss on it and laugh muhahahahah

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I almost walked into an EBGames to pick this up while out today, but what held me back is my desire to want to be in the early rush of builders, which seems to have already passed on console. Being one of the first on PC, plus all the other usual benefits is what is going to hold me over until it comes to PC. Now to get myself to stop watching streams of it so I don't have any more of it spoiled.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ok finally found a gripe. Need to be able to deconstruct other peoples vehicles. Its getting slightly retarded how many there are and they're starting to show up in the worst fucking places. Had some mouthbreathers truck jammed into the cosplayers doorway ;(

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I got to chapter 5 which led me to Mountain Knot and à bunch of new roads to build, but it was so easy with a truck. I did all the way to the first Distribution Center halfway to Mountain Knot in 2 trips. I need a career change, either as delivery guy or as a road builder. :)

It also added 3 new faction to work on before I move on.

The story in Chapter 5 was pretty good and emotional, really liked it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I got to chapter 5 which led me to Mountain Knot and à bunch of new roads to build, but it was so easy with a truck. I did all the way to the first Distribution Center halfway to Mountain Knot in 2 trips. I need a career change, either as delivery guy or as a road builder. :)

It also added 3 new faction to work on before I move on.

The story in Chapter 5 was pretty good and emotional, really liked it.
I built that entire road and was surprised when I FINALLY got up to the northern outpost and found 2 sections complete. Now I'm building the road through the water area over to Mountain Knot. The other roads usually had some resources submitted but man, this west road to MK has zero people contributing and its bruuuuuuuuuuutal with 3k ceramic/1.5k crystals.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So i left a bunch of packages in a truck and filled another truck then a 3rd to do some additional errands. ( i took on to many large orders) I thought i was being smart by having multple trucks full so i could fast travel back to places etc..

so i got sidtracked had dinner etc.. came back and 2 trucks are gone with all my packages.

Anyone know of an easy way to cancel orders?
Otherwise i have to resupply each package, each time i do that i boots me out of the UI.

The small time wasters and tiny cut scenes are driving me crazy. Get out of the truck 2 seconds, get into the truck 5 seconds. 2 cut scenes to go to the private rooms.

Anyway. does anyone know of a way to cancel or resupply orders in bulk? i have like 40 orders now with no packages.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So i left a bunch of packages in a truck and filled another truck then a 3rd to do some additional errands. ( i took on to many large orders) I thought i was being smart by having multple trucks full so i could fast travel back to places etc..

so i got sidtracked had dinner etc.. came back and 2 trucks are gone with all my packages.

Anyone know of an easy way to cancel orders?
Otherwise i have to resupply each package, each time i do that i boots me out of the UI.

The small time wasters and tiny cut scenes are driving me crazy. Get out of the truck 2 seconds, get into the truck 5 seconds. 2 cut scenes to go to the private rooms.

Anyway. does anyone know of a way to cancel or resupply orders in bulk? i have like 40 orders now with no packages.
DOn't forget: Drive into BT area, stop as power goes out in vehicle, vehicle starts, drive 5 feet, new mini cutscene while BB pinwheel spins up. FFS. I learned my lesson the hard way about leaving shit in trucks. Apparently if you go to far away its now free game! who would have thought!

Never tried mass canceling, but since your posting i imagine its not by selecting them all with (square?) then canceling like normal?

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I died for the first time. Episode 3 and was picking up Old supplies for a dude who hates us. Those old supplies were right in the middle of BT territory. I got killed by a massive beast, went to the beach, respawned in the same area, no BT's and just grabbed the loot I needed and left. Is this normal? BB was out so maybe that had something to do with it. If that is the case, wondering if you just get passed ALL the BT parts when BB is atoxicated or whatever they call it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I died for the first time. Episode 3 and was picking up Old supplies for a dude who hates us. Those old supplies were right in the middle of BT territory. I got killed by a massive beast, went to the beach, respawned in the same area, no BT's and just grabbed the loot I needed and left. Is this normal? BB was out so maybe that had something to do with it. If that is the case, wondering if you just get passed ALL the BT parts when BB is atoxicated or whatever they call it.

I've only had BB crash on me once(Other then the story time).. I was scanning like crazy at the time, might be if you are scanning too much it crashes him faster...