Death Stranding

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
90 hours, that’s what it took me to finish the game.

It was a amazing fun ride, and amazing ending.

I’m going to check what I need to platinum it, depending on difficulty and how much time I estimate it would take I might go for it, not sure yet.

At the end of the day for me, this is my second best game of this generation(PS4) behind Horizon: Zero Dawn.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
dunkey not a fan

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I see many reviews when they complain about falling over. Why not just use L2+R2 when running? I never fall over unless I load a skyscraper on my back.

The climbing is not the best however. Sometimes its really easy and sometimes I just slide around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I hate that menu screen (used as a pause) keeps the game play timer running. I take long breaks on pause which inflated my playtime so I never really the know my true HLTB time. At 70 hours now but feels more like 35

HLTB has average complete time at 36-43 hours.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished it, was SUPER into the first 2/3rds and even ended up playing all night, just couldn't put it down.

I personally felt the final part was a bit weak, and much different to what the start was setting up so well (in terms of gameplay).

Anyway, overall it was awesome, would have been one of my all time favourites if gameplay had held up, and it makes me a bit sad too because I think this is the best mmorpg ive played in a long time,and its nothing close to anything near a proper mmorpg. If he ever does make one I would be very interested.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished it today and I'm pretty satisfied over all. Like previous posters mentioned the ending changed the gameplay a lot and I didn't like the last bit as much as the earlier gameplay.

The only part I really disliked was the "war scenariors", I'm not sure if I suck at shooters on the gamepad or if it was really bad gameplay.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only part I really disliked was the "war scenariors", I'm not sure if I suck at shooters on the gamepad or if it was really bad gameplay.
It's not you. I do just fine with shooters on the gamepad and the controls here are really bad, especially when you're in a trench and trying to aim around a corner to avoid getting shot to shit due to the lack of any sort of cover system. Not sure why it was so bad in this game, seeing as MGS5 had great controls on console.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ditto. I have enough time to do like 1 run per night or every other night.

It's actually kind of funny because the world feels more and more empty every time I play.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Was trying to figure out why I recognized Troy Bakers name but couldnt put my finger on it. Quick IMDB search answered my question. Was talking to a coworker about it and he was like "oh yeah should check out his and Nolan Norths youtube channel". WTF they have a channel? Apparently they're really good friends IRL and their youtube stuff is funny as shit. HIghly recommend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
1 week in... I'm eyeballing the topography, calculating how to expand my zipline network with the least number of towers. I might have to put it up in MULE territory, which is a PITA. I check my boots to make sure there is plenty of tread left, examine the Bola gun in my cargo to make sure I have enough ammo, and roll out in my trike. Once an action has been decided upon, it must be put into effect immediately. There is much work to be done, and no place in this world for persons of low productivity. As I speed down the roads that I built over hours of back-breaking porting, I think of all those poor souls clamoring to run through the latest instance of their favorite pop-a-mole cover based shooter for the umpteenth time, opening their ugly mouths to complain about how boring and repetitive Death Stranding is. I smile inwardly as I pity them.

This is the life, gents. Chapter 6 in, and GOTY so far for me. I've experienced more tension running a heavy package through BT laden territory than I have in any MMO in the past 5 years. I'm more engaged building out infrastructure than I've ever been in any gay shooter you cream over. This game shouldn't exist. It's a singular vision executed with boldness and confidence, and backed by a AAA budget. Only a mad genius could have made a game like Death Stranding. I never really got the Kojima thing until now. I can't wait to finish this, and see what he creates next.

• 2Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
The first time I experienced a heavy BT incursion I almost shit myself. The whole junkyard floods with black tar, and the cars and debris you were avoiding suddenly become platforms you have to jump on to avoid a swimming BT whale thing chasing you around. It is awesome. This would make an incredible AR game.