Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looking forward to my soundtrack playlist to eventually play Lady Maria followed by Lady Astraea back to back.
Is that like a nerd version of two chicks at the same time?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am so hype for this. The game lets you change the camera position and filter to classic mode if you prefer the visual style of the original. Apparently there is also a mirror mode where you can run each world in reverse.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Noticed the recent gameplay video wasn’t in this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Demon’s Souls remake on PlayStation 5 will indeed take advantage of the activities bar and feature over 180 help videos that players can choose to watch to complete sections of the game.

Game looks good and smooth but the idea of what makes From Software games so great seems lost on Sony and the team responsible for this.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game looks good and smooth but the idea of what makes From Software games so great seems lost on Sony and the team responsible for this.
Nah, it could be that you are the one who seem lost. =)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
so you want me to listen to a 24 minute video that says what? There aren't over 180 help videos on how to play the game?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so you want me to listen to a 24 minute video that says what? There aren't over 180 help videos on how to play the game?
Who is going to watch them? Are players forced to watch them? Can you ignore them and play as you like? If they weren't available, would that stop players from looking up guides? You make a blanket statement about Blue Point not knowing what it is about From Software games that make them great. I linked a vid that, should you decide to watch, would tell you that they do indeed understand exactly what makes them great.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What? The games still difficult. They’re just making it easier to watch stream type help videos which have always existed right? It seems like they’re just trying to get some of the streamer/help video market share is all. Unless I’m misunderstanding this feature.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Souls games always had strategy guides releasing basically at the same time as the game, even demon's did iirc, and then fextralife basically put all the info from the guide into a website. This makes no differences, it's not like they added a casual mode with lower damage and whatever. And even that would be fine imo, if people want to make the game really easy and don't care about the challenge but want to see the story, let them do it, who cares, unless you feel it somewhat devalues your own accomplishments of clearing the game blind because some other shmuck did it differently, but that's really a problem with you.

They're basically adding a video wiki to the PS5 menu. It's not like it's secret info either since it's a remake, you can literally google anything about the game, including many ways to cheese most bosses and how to get the super strong weapons early and all that shit.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Souls games always had strategy guides releasing basically at the same time as the game, even demon's did iirc, and then fextralife basically put all the info from the guide into a website. This makes no differences, it's not like they added a casual mode with lower damage and whatever. And even that would be fine imo, if people want to make the game really easy and don't care about the challenge but want to see the story, let them do it, who cares, unless you feel it somewhat devalues your own accomplishments of clearing the game blind because some other shmuck did it differently, but that's really a problem with you.

They're basically adding a video wiki to the PS5 menu. It's not like it's secret info either since it's a remake, you can literally google anything about the game, including many ways to cheese most bosses and how to get the super strong weapons early and all that shit.
Right. This stuff exists you just have to search for it on YouTube. I think it’s cool they’re integrating it. I’d rather do that than have an iPad next to me going back and forth. I didn’t do that with demon souls but I’ve done it off and on with various games/quests.

I should add I hate Google so the more options I have to not use them the better, even if it is Sony.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Na you should have to print out your EQ Atlas errr Boletaria maps and follow them on the side like in the olden days.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That looks better than the DS3 one even.

Edit: Fucking game is getting me think about buying the console(if I can even find it), Bloodborne did the same thing. I've already played Souls but it was so many years ago it'd be a fairly "new" experience cause I only remember tidbits of it. Guess I'll see when it releases if it's available anywhere, country on lockdown so not too sure how that'll go either.

Last edited:

Szlia

The character creator in Demon's Souls is in essence a cruel joke since you spend most of your time looking like a piece of beef jerky.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The character creator in Demon's Souls is in essence a cruel joke since you spend most of your time looking like a piece of beef jerky.
Nah, that's one of the dumb changes made for Dark Souls. In Demon's Souls you spend the whole game in soul form which is just a ghostly glow and you're completely silent while moving around.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Finally, some actual gameplay:

"White knuckle gameplay where the slightest error could mean your death" as he effortlessly R1 spams through the area without using lock on.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"White knuckle gameplay where the slightest error could mean your death" as he effortlessly R1 spams through the area without using lock on.
Its fine, I'm sure everyone will die often enough to make it clear that these presentations were meant to be just that... a presentation. =)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean it's the early part, but I remember the very first time I played the game it wasn't super easy to get used to. Nowadays you pick a new Souls game and the start of the game is just like that(I mean not Sekiro/Bloodborne which change the formula but DS3 it's very easy to adapt to the early game if you've played all the souls before). I think they're playing the strongest starting class too? A bunch don't have a good shield so you take chip dmg and you have casters and shit with crappy daggers.