Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, strongest starting class by far is Royalty. Fragrant Ring is way more powerful than any other item you can start with, plus getting a 100% phys reduction shield is rather trivial (Heater Shield costs 2000 souls or you can hop into 3-1 and grab a Kite Shield without having to clear too far) while the ring takes far more effort.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nah, strongest starting class by far is Royalty. Fragrant Ring is way more powerful than any other item you can start with, plus getting a 100% phys reduction shield is rather trivial (Heater Shield costs 2000 souls or you can hop into 3-1 and grab a Kite Shield without having to clear too far) while the ring takes far more effort.
I meant for killing the shitty mobs at the start, not overall. They start with a 100% shield and a decent weapon and block a bunch of attacks, but just in general you can see the footage isn't from a complete fucking retard, so obviously the early game will looks easy cause it is super easy, it was meant as an introduction.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just started this. I'm torn between Royalty and Knight. When I played this on PS3 I went Royalty and never really had any trouble with the game. I like Soul Arrow and starting at level 1, but I don't really want to do the same thing over again. Since I ranged everything down back then I think I'll try meleeing like a real player this time.

...so now I'm torn between Knight and Temple Knight. Even almost picked Priest. I like the idea of being a paladin-type heavy fighter with white magic this time, the opposite of my light/quick fighter with black magic last time.

Think I'll go with Temple Knight for the spells. Is there any significant advantage to Knight over Temple Knight? I presume it's a bit tougher to start out.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I’ve been loving this so far. Trying to resist the temptation to end up being my normal mirdan hammer regen build though.

Vorph

Anyone who hasn't played a BBS build absolutely should.

It's different from all other weapons, so if you need a refresher: Blueblood Sword Build SL 124 - Demon's Souls English Wiki

Unless they've changed something for the new version, the only annoying part of the build is that the offhand Moon Uchigatana requires a pure moonlightstone which only drops from crystal lizards in 3-2 and 3-3 (1 in each). It's very possible to get screwed if you don't (or can't if they fixed it) use the 'check loot/quit if it isn't what you wanted' bug, even if you kill them on PBWT.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist

It's different from all other weapons, so if you need a refresher: Blueblood Sword Build SL 124 - Demon's Souls English Wiki

Unless they've changed something for the new version, the only annoying part of the build is that the offhand Moon Uchigatana requires a pure moonlightstone which only drops from crystal lizards in 3-2 and 3-3 (1 in each). It's very possible to get screwed if you don't (or can't if they fixed it) use the 'check loot/quit if it isn't what you wanted' bug, even if you kill them on PBWT.
I want to do this but I feel like I am almost done with the game by the time I kill Astrea.

Vorph

I want to do this but I feel like I am almost done with the game by the time I kill Astrea.
Yeah, you need to rush world 5 or else it's just a NG+ build. Hell, I want to rush world 5 during my first PS5 playthrough just to see it in 60 fps glory instead of the 20 fps shitshow I remember it being, so playing BBS again is even more of a no-brainer.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'm going to give this a try even if it means rushing world 5. Liked that weapon in the original and it gives me something to work towards from a stat-perspective because I was leveling a bit aimlessly. Game is real good to see again.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Why are american developers like this?

america.jpg

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Im so sick of this fucking black love bullshit. Fuck joggers.

18% of the population and look how much pandering they receive. I dont want to hear about the black mans plight anymore.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The insane thing about this kind of virtue signaling is that it doesn't ever help, it only hurts.

No one who actually cares about this stuff is going to start buying their games just because they virtue signal, but if they do it too much then people who would have otherwise bought the game are just going to stop. It literally has no upside.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Im so sick of this fucking black love bullshit. Fuck joggers.

18% of the population and look how much pandering they receive. I dont want to hear about the black mans plight anymore.
13%*

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

is it 13%? Even worse.

Then look at how this country is blatantly racist toward Asian Americans by moving the goalposts for college admission requirements etc. The black community would have a collective meltdown if that was happening to their kids. Instead there is affirmative action and joggers get special treatment. This country has turned into a bizarre reverse racist version of itself in less than 20 months.

If we keep going down this path, every video game protagonist, npc and antagonist is going to be black, or some variation of black. White businesses will be openly shamed and boycotted. Being white and successful is going to be basically a fucking crime.

If Biden gets in I hope antifa burns down the country anyway.

Last edited: