Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What the fuck LMAO.

Wow. Im fucking done. get woke go broke right? At some point this jogger pandering is going to become radioactive. People are already getting black fatigue. Its so insane how things have changed so goddamn quickly. As quick as it comes as quick it can fucking go.

wakanda forever

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have read that the server no longer influences tendency in the remake, haven’t verified though.
I don't have the game (or my PS5) yet, but that would be contradicting what BluePoint said in interviews just a couple weeks ago. They said the one and only change to tendency system is that you can actually tell what your tendency is just by looking at the UI, and specifically mentioned the server tendency if you play online.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Haven't played a Souls in a while so this is kicking my ass. Much more familiar with the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne than I am with this, so I was basically going in blind. I took on World 4 first since it's my favorite area. After a few hours of making slow progress, I found the Crescent Falchion and the regen ring and they were complete game-changers. Totally forgot that the CF has mana regen. Since I'm not holding back on using spells anymore and have a steady supply of mana (very, very slowly) things have picked way up. Started dumping souls into the magic stat to beef up the CF.

The graphics settings have some interesting options like greyscale and sepia. I switched them to Vivid which really makes the game pop. Playing on framerate-priority instead of resolution-priority of course, though resolution-priority has its moments.

My one real issue with the game is that I wish the 6th Archstone had been built/added. Even if it isn't the original studio. Maybe the original studio could have supplied some blueprints. Would have loved to see some new content here and the snowy 6th world always sounded appealing.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looked at this on the UK PS Store today and it's dropping at £70, so around $92, for the standard edition.

This is what I was afraid of when I ordered a drive-less model.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm having a pretty rough time. Got through most of the worlds without too much trouble even though I'm rusty at Souls. All I've got left now is 4-2 (and 1-4). I went with the Blueblood Sword build and I'm nowhere near it meeting its potential yet, still need a ton of Luck and Magic.

The issue is that I can't for the life of me get through 4-2. Something always goes wrong. It's so much tougher than the others it's insane. The world tendency there is dark now, which means OP red phantoms everywhere, and I always get felled by one of them. My go-to spot for leveling was the beginning of 4-1, but I can't level there anymore because there's a red phantom at the entrance that can one-shot me and seems like too much trouble to fight every time I want to kill a round of skeletons. So I'm basically stuck in a rut where I can't power up anymore, my build is half-finished, and the last zone I need is completely whooping me. If I could get through to 4-3 I could level on manta rays and get the build closer to done. Hell, just getting to NG+ would be fine. No clue how to reset world tendencies.

By the time anyone reads this I'll probably have gotten past 4-2, but I've been at it for literally 6 hours without ever getting to the end. Did reach the boss a couple times and died in dumb ways. I finally broke down and summoned other people to help, though more often than not it's an invasion instead, or the summoned people proceed to also die on red phantoms. First guy I summoned was a pro and pretty much owned everything in the level, then I got aggro on the boss and died like a moron. That first summon was by far the closest I've gotten to a win. Tough to learn the boss when I can't retry the fight. The lack of checkpoints in this one is brutal.

That's Souls baby

Edit: Almost 8 hours in now, no progress on 4-2. Another issue is that I'm basically doing an inadvertent Low Level Game since I can't really power up and with the BBS build survivability got neglected a bit. Everything kills me in two hits. Though I did find that I can farm summoned ghosts down towards the Old King lair for 1500 souls a pop if I really need to.

Edit 2: Finally beat the level at around the 9 hour mark. Old Hero was an incredibly intense fight once I finally got back to it. Protip if you don't know, he can't see anything and goes off of hearing, so the Thief Ring made the fight way easier. That ring also nullifies most of the flying manta rays in the level that were murdering me for hours. They're too far out to see you with the Thief Ring on. Once I realized that, I finally got through it. Time for New Game +

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looked at this on the UK PS Store today and it's dropping at £70, so around $92, for the standard edition.

This is what I was afraid of when I ordered a drive-less model.
It’s really more like $77 for the standard edition. Rest is your valueless added tax

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm having a pretty rough time. Got through most of the worlds without too much trouble even though I'm rusty at Souls. All I've got left now is 4-2 (and 1-4). I went with the Blueblood Sword build and I'm nowhere near it meeting its potential yet, still need a ton of Luck and Magic.

The issue is that I can't for the life of me get through 4-2. Something always goes wrong. It's so much tougher than the others it's insane. The world tendency there is dark now, which means OP red phantoms everywhere, and I always get felled by one of them. My go-to spot for leveling was the beginning of 4-1, but I can't level there anymore because there's a red phantom at the entrance that can one-shot me and seems like too much trouble to fight every time I want to kill a round of skeletons. So I'm basically stuck in a rut where I can't power up anymore, my build is half-finished, and the last zone I need is completely whooping me. If I could get through to 4-3 I could level on manta rays and get the build closer to done. Hell, just getting to NG+ would be fine. No clue how to reset world tendencies.

By the time anyone reads this I'll probably have gotten past 4-2, but I've been at it for literally 6 hours without ever getting to the end. Did reach the boss a couple times and died in dumb ways. I finally broke down and summoned other people to help, though more often than not it's an invasion instead, or the summoned people proceed to also die on red phantoms. First guy I summoned was a pro and pretty much owned everything in the level, then I got aggro on the boss and died like a moron. That first summon was by far the closest I've gotten to a win. Tough to learn the boss when I can't retry the fight. The lack of checkpoints in this one is brutal.

That's Souls baby

Edit: Almost 8 hours in now, no progress on 4-2. Another issue is that I'm basically doing an inadvertent Low Level Game since I can't really power up and with the BBS build survivability got neglected a bit. Everything kills me in two hits. Though I did find that I can farm summoned ghosts down towards the Old King lair for 1500 souls a pop if I really need to.

Edit 2: Finally beat the level at around the 9 hour mark. Old Hero was an incredibly intense fight once I finally got back to it. Protip if you don't know, he can't see anything and goes off of hearing, so the Thief Ring made the fight way easier. That ring also nullifies most of the flying manta rays in the level that were murdering me for hours. They're too far out to see you with the Thief Ring on. Once I realized that, I finally got through it. Time for New Game +
I thought you just sucked when I first read this but goddamn did 4-2 kick my ass too. Fuck those two red phantom skeletons right before the boss too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I thought you just sucked when I first read this but goddamn did 4-2 kick my ass too. Fuck those two red phantom skeletons right before the boss too.

Right? After all of that, the fight with the boss was a relaxing de-stress.

I started a new game and took on World 4 at SL1 as a test now that I know that world. Beat 4-1, then got about halfway through 4-2 before I got mauled enough and defaulted to the regular game.

Back in the day I remember World 5 as being the one that gave me all the grief, this time it was easy. On the bright side the trial by fire in 4-2 might have made me decent at the game. I completely stopped rushing, and play defensively now.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so - I did World 1-1 - Running a knight and having fun. Should I do World 1-2 or go somewhere else? Not sure of the order I should be tackling these areas.

I found this:
  1. Boletarian Palace (1 - 1)
  2. Phalanx Archstone (1 - 2)
  3. Stonefang Tunnel (2 - 1)
  4. Tower of Latria (3 - 1)
  1. Shrine of Storms (4 - 1)
  2. Valley of Defilement (5 - 1)
  3. Armor Spider Archstone (2 - 2)
  4. Flamelurker Archstone (2 - 3)
  1. Fool's Idol Archstone (3 - 2)
  2. Adjudicator Archstone (4 - 2)
  3. Tower Knight Archstone (1 - 3)
  4. Leechmonger Archstone (5 - 2)
  1. Maneater Archstone (3 - 3)
  2. Old Hero Archstone (4 - 3)
  3. Dirty Colossus Archstone (5 - 3)
  4. Penetrator Archstone (1 - 4)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ok so - I did World 1-1 - Running a knight and having fun. Should I do World 1-2 or go somewhere else? Not sure of the order I should be tackling these areas.

I found this:
  5. Shrine of Storms (4 - 1)
  6. Valley of Defilement (5 - 1)
  7. Armor Spider Archstone (2 - 2)
  8. Flamelurker Archstone (2 - 3)
  9. Fool's Idol Archstone (3 - 2)
  10. Adjudicator Archstone (4 - 2)
  11. Tower Knight Archstone (1 - 3)
  12. Leechmonger Archstone (5 - 2)
  13. Maneater Archstone (3 - 3)
  14. Old Hero Archstone (4 - 3)
  15. Dirty Colossus Archstone (5 - 3)
  16. Penetrator Archstone (1 - 4)
First off, boo you and everyone else for having a PS5! I want this game so bad, but won't be able to get a PS5 here for ages still.

I never followed a guide, but if I remember correctly, a "hint" that the game gives you is the number of souls you get from the enemies you fight when you first start off at that area. The list you gave is probably the natural progression in terms of mob difficulty (not played since PS3, so I don't remember). If you enter an area and mobs suddenly give far more souls than the the previous area, odds are you're encountering enemies above your soul level. Like early on I remember going to 4-1 I think for some soul farming since I couldn't progress far into the level, but killing the few skeletons early on there gave more souls than nearly the entirety of 1-1.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I found this:

In general, the -2 levels are much tougher than the -1 levels (in terms of mob HP/damage). So yeah, it does make more sense to run the -1 levels first rather than clearing all of each world as you go. Some of the bosses in this game are really easy while others aren't easy at all. This list is pretty good but I think it has 1-2 way too low. Tower Knight (1-2 boss) seems to be a consistent roadblock for new players. World 4 and 5 are the tough ones IMO for a new player. 4 has some outstanding gear and the enemies give a lot of exp, though. Also whatever you do don't let any world tendencies in unfinished worlds go Pure Black on a first run. It can turn World 4 or 5 into murder and tank a first playthrough. Here's a rough idea for an order, but really, just bounce around and finish what you can:

1-1
2-1
5-1 (get the Morning Star)
Raid the first part of 4-1 for loot/exp (blunt weaps like the Morning Star own the skeletons) - Crescent Falchion is a must for a caster
1-2
3-1, 4-1 in any order
2-2, 3-2, 5-2 in any order
2-3
4-2
4-3 (once this boss is down, his room is the best exp grind spot in the game by far)
1-3, 3-3, 5-3 in any order
1-4

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I almost always go to 4-1 early for the crescent falchion and adjudicator shield, and since it's not that large a level and the boss is fairly easy I just finish it off.

Beyond that it comes down to build. Unless I have a specific plan (like BBS) I usually go get a mirdan hammer from 2-1 ASAP. It's a great temp weapon, and arguably one of the best weapons in the game if you build around it.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

I found this:

Don’t be a pussy, play the game. God damn walkthrough. What is happening to this world.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Half the fun of a Souls game is to get fucking wrecked going places you should not go and fighting enemies that face stomp you. Why would you want a progression map?

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If a forum bro wants to trade kills to get Pure White Character Tendency shoot me a message.

What this entails is alternating invasions and letting the defender(s) win until your characters reach Pure White Tendency (the upper left icon by the health meter will be glowing). Need to be up to World 1-4 since we'll do this there (as it's the only area where it'll count for me, since the boss needs to still be alive). Then you talk to the Monumental to get the Friend Ring, which is required for the platinum and is a bit of a holdup. Also doing this process gives you a significant health/damage boost. The entire process should be fairly quick.

In other news, Pure Bladestone is waaaay easier to get than in the original. You don't need it for a weapon trophy anymore, but you do need it for the ring trophy since you trade one for a new ring. Can confirm that the katana skeleton right next to the Adjudicator Archstone drops it, and it took about ten minutes. Spent hours farming one of those in the PS3 version.

Vorph

In other news, Pure Bladestone is waaaay easier to get than in the original. You don't need it for a weapon trophy anymore, but you do need it for the ring trophy since you trade one for a new ring. Can confirm that the katana skeleton right next to the Adjudicator Archstone drops it, and it took about ten minutes. Spent hours farming one of those in the PS3 version.
Any word on Pure Moonlightstone? I'm definitely playing BBS as my first build, but getting the offhand Moon Uchi to +5 was always a crapshoot unless you save scummed the crystal lizards. Should be interesting to see if I can still beat all of world 5 having only done 1-1 and a tiny bit of 4-1 (crescent falchion) beforehand.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

If you want to break the game, glitch gives infinite luck and you can one shot everything with the BBS.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users